✟25,722.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
GL2814 said:
Chevy Chase interviewing Richard Pryor for a job. This one was waayyyy back in the old days.

Possibly the greatest SNL skit of all time!!!

Try doing that skit these days....

Upvote 0

Scribbler

Ignoring all links to Huffington Post
Dec 9, 2004
right behind you.
Visit site
✟25,722.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Bargainfluger said:
Also, I'm having trouble remembering the details of one of the sketches. It was the very first part of the show (before they say "Live, from New York...") and it was Dana Carvy (I think) being a host of one of those political round table shows (CNN style). He would be discussing issues with 4-7 other people. First he would ask a question, then would give them 3 seconds to respond and invariably shout "WRONG!!!" in their face. Did I dream this up, or did I really see this. Help would be appreciated.

It's on the SNL "Best of Dana Carvey", it's him as John McLaughlin from "the McLaughlin Group", a Sunday AM show on PBS, I believe...

Upvote 0

BOJAX

Vaccinated with a phonograph needle.
May 12, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
Visit site
✟2,542.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Greens
MR BILL! MR BILL! MR BILL! MR BILL! MR BILL! MR BILL! MR BILL! MR BILL! MR BILL! MR BILL! MR BILL! MR BILL! MR BILL! MR BILL! MR BILL! MR BILL! MR BILL! MR BILL! MR BILL! MR BILL! MR BILL! MR BILL! MR BILL! MR BILL! MR BILL! MR BILL! MR BILL! MR BILL! MR BILL! MR BILL! MR BILL! MR BILL! MR BILL!

honourable mention...
John belushi doing Commentary on the Weekend Update(where he just goes nuts and flies off his seat)
Garrett Morris on Weekend Update as The sportscaster who only knows about baseball.
(these are from the older episodes from the 70's)

But I LOVE those China Club dancing guys! "What is love..."

Upvote 0

BOJAX

Vaccinated with a phonograph needle.
May 12, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
Visit site
✟2,542.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Greens
oops I almost forgot...
Norm MacDonald: FUNNIEST
(and i DO mean FUNNIEST) guy to EVER read the weekend update
EVER!
"note to self, audience is not laughing at my anecdote. I am soooo embarrased.."
CLASSIC!
too bad they fired him:(

Upvote 0

Sign Of The Fish Burger

Black holes are where God divided by zero.
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2003
✟58,931.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Special_J said:
and who can forget Schwetti Balls
^_^ That has got to be one of the funniest skits I have ever seen. "No one can resist my Schwetti Balls" bwahaahahahahah

Upvote 0

Sign Of The Fish Burger

Black holes are where God divided by zero.
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2003
✟58,931.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Scribbler said:
Try doing that skit these days....
Try doing ANY of those skits these days ^_^

Oh oh oh another great one, all the viewing for the hearing impared...

"Live from Saturday night"

"LIVE FROM SATURDAY NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Upvote 0

foo-oswald

There goes my hero...just a patsy...
Mar 11, 2004
Right here
✟2,566.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
LondonsBurning said:
What are your favorite Saturday Night Live Sketches of All-Time?

A couple of my favorites are the Chippendale Audition Sketch, This Amazing Universe with Harey Carey, The Final Episode of Sex and the City Sketch, Debbie Downer, Just about any Celebrity Jeopardy Sketch, and "Dissing your dog".

I'll go with your selections, plus Chris Farley's Motivational Speaker, the old school Samurai Deli with John Belushi, and Weekend News Update (any era!)...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Scribbler

Ignoring all links to Huffington Post
Dec 9, 2004
right behind you.
Visit site
✟25,722.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

Islander

Jul 23, 2003
Texas
Visit site
✟416.00
Faith
Protestant
My favorite is from Christmas 1994 right after the Republicans took over Congress after 40 years. Chris Farley played Newt Gingrich in a skit about the movie It's a Wonderful Life in which Richard Nixon comes back from Hell to prevent Gingrich from committing suicide. It bashed both conservatives and liberals.

I also like the cartoons with the Ambigously Gay Duo or the Former Presidents of the USA. Although that's not a skit so I don't know if that counts.

I also loved Alec Baldwin's Schwetti Balls skit but it's pretty obscene so I hate complimenting SNL for a skit like that.

Even funnier than Baldwin's skit was when Calista Flockhart hosted the show and she had a conversation with Ally McBeal. Similar to that skit was a few months ago right after the Paris Hilton sex video came out Paris did a cameo on Weekend Update with Tina Fey (the funniest person to do Weekend Update in my opinion) and did some jokes about the Hilton Hotel in Paris-jokes too explicit to repeat here.

Upvote 0