Kentucky
✟47,634.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Title says it all, share some of your favorite anime openings and endings.

Here are a few of mine...

The anime itself was kinds hit and miss, but this opening is a favorite. I like what I think is a Spanish guitar in it.

This is another only so-so series, but this opening was good.

For an ending, this is a favorite of mine.

Reactions: Somber

muichimotsu

I Spit On Perfection
May 16, 2006
✟106,458.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
I
Title says it all, share some of your favorite anime openings and endings.

Here are a few of mine...

The anime itself was kinds hit and miss, but this opening is a favorite. I like what I think is a Spanish guitar in it.

This is another only so-so series, but this opening was good.

For an ending, this is a favorite of mine.

I recall Fairy Gone and yeah, while there were some interesting concepts, it felt messy in how they presented it, especially in that vein of other confusing series where they jump back and forth in perspective (10 years in the past! Then back to the present)

Not sure I have any that stand out, though recently Platinum End's OP is pretty good. Demon Slayer's new season OP (even though it'll be replaced in a few weeks) is good, almost as good as S1's OP when it was getting super popular

As for something older, Astra Lost in Space's OP still drew me back to it recently with just the tone it sets. It'd be easier with some background, potentially, but a particular part of it really feels like an action series when it's more a mystery/adventure thing with the series proper (which I have yet to read even though I can turn my head and see the 5 volumes on my bookshelf, plus they're all available for free with my Shonen Jump vault subscription)

Reactions: Bramblewild
Upvote 0

Bramblewild

Apr 16, 2019
Kentucky
✟47,634.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Fairy Gone seemed like a good idea, and I liked the main characters, but for some reason it didn't work well. One reason, in my opinion, is that they didn't push the main protagonists. We know those characters have "plot armor", nothing will happen to them that will take them out of the story at least until the end, so they must be pushed or tested or tried in other ways. I don't remember that happening in Fairy Gone.

Here are some older openings that I like a lot.

Reactions: Somber
Upvote 0

muichimotsu

I Spit On Perfection
May 16, 2006
✟106,458.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Fairy Gone seemed like a good idea, and I liked the main characters, but for some reason it didn't work well. One reason, in my opinion, is that they didn't push the main protagonists. We know those characters have "plot armor", nothing will happen to them that will take them out of the story at least until the end, so they must be pushed or tested or tried in other ways. I don't remember that happening in Fairy Gone.

Here are some older openings that I like a lot.

With the story, they were meant to reflect different sides of the war, I think and it's interesting how they set the blondes as the antagonists, but not strictly the villains, since they were seeking justice in their own way, iirc. But the whole link to fairies and how they basically get Stands from JJBA could've been so good in different hands.

Original concept anime are tough to even get off the ground without some prior material (manga, light novel, etc), but it's good that it happens more these days in a way

Upvote 0

Bramblewild

Apr 16, 2019
Kentucky
✟47,634.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Wolfran and Veronica were characters that were pushed, in the way I meant. The story may have been better if it had focused on them.

I think Psycho-Pass is an original concept anime, and it's a favorite of mine. Darker Than Black was another, and I liked the first season, though I refuse to acknowledge the existence of the second season.

Upvote 0

muichimotsu

I Spit On Perfection
May 16, 2006
✟106,458.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Wolfran and Veronica were characters that were pushed, in the way I meant. The story may have been better if it had focused on them.

I think Psycho-Pass is an original concept anime, and it's a favorite of mine. Darker Than Black was another, and I liked the first season, though I refuse to acknowledge the existence of the second season.
Limited time frame was a big factor for what they wanted to convey within only 24 episodes, it's rare for series to get episodes that, for instance, are within an hour time frame, like the first and last episodes of Astra Lost In Space, making it effectively 14 episodes long in a way.

Upvote 0

muichimotsu

I Spit On Perfection
May 16, 2006
✟106,458.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Great thread idea.

And S2's 1st one, which will be promptly replaced in a week or so with the next arc, is honestly just as good, if not potentially better (though the hype wears off after about 13 weeks, possibly why they change it up that often sometimes)

Upvote 0

Bramblewild

Apr 16, 2019
Kentucky
✟47,634.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
86 doesn't have a set ending, so the visuals change a lot. This song, though, is rocking, and it's rather appropriate, given the themes of the show, that it should have a song that sounds like it was inspired by Black Gospel and/or R&B.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

jesuslover811

Dec 3, 2021
Nowhere
✟6,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I watched index a couple years ago and just recently read the lyrics. Its not perfect but basically for me its saying " god had given us the gift of struggle we cannot look back on past sins, We must go down the road we paved road and avoid sins to find happiness" pretty motivational for a anime opening. and " no buts" about it

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

TruthInLight

Sep 28, 2018
Portland
✟33,514.00
Country
United States
Faith
Freethinker
Marital Status
Single
86 doesn't have a set ending, so the visuals change a lot. This song, though, is rocking, and it's rather appropriate, given the themes of the show, that it should have a song that sounds like it was inspired by Black Gospel and/or R&B.

This is my favorite song from 86

Upvote 0

TruthInLight

Sep 28, 2018
Portland
✟33,514.00
Country
United States
Faith
Freethinker
Marital Status
Single
Here is the opening song for Banished From The Hero's Party. I thought of bible verses for this song.

Psalm 118:24
This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

Psalm 74:16
The day is thine, the night also is thine: thou hast prepared the light and the sun.

James 1:17
Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.

Job 33:4
The Spirit of God hath made me, and the breath of the Almighty hath given me life.

Psalm 145:2-3
Every day will I bless thee; and I will praise thy name for ever and ever. Great is the LORD, and greatly to be praised; and his greatness is unsearchable.

Upvote 0