Mi-Usa
✟7,682.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Tough choice. When I came to California and joined the California Conservation Corps,
They still have the CCC ? hrm.. is that the same CCC that started during the depression of the 30s ?

As far as favorite, and embarrassed because all the greats are mentioned here, i'd have to say Pallisades NP because it was close enough to day trip to weekend. Though spent a large amount of time at StarveRock although I found out that climbing and jumping off the cliffs into the little pools between waterfalls is illegal so it's really lost it's appeal.

Upvote 0
Jan 28, 2007
✟15,140.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Everybody has different opinions on this one. I can see how someone might like one of the smaller more unknown parks because it is close to their home. I like the mountain parks like Yosemite in the summer and desert parks in the spring. In response to the CCC question...The Civilian Conservation Corps. no longer exists. My dad was in that CCC during the great depression. California has the California Conservation Corps. (CCC) different but similar. The parks are there for us to commune with nature and to see the majesty of God's work. Each park fullfills a differt need..you want spectacular wildlife you'd probably want Yellowstone. If you like waterfalls or climbing go to Yosemite. I love wildflowers so I go to the desert in the springtime. To each his own and no one has a wrong choice. <><

Upvote 0

Nessuno

Jan 8, 2007
Mi-Usa
✟7,682.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Ahh, California/Civillian CCs. Learn something everyday.
What'd your father do? My grandfather was a "high rigger" and quite ironically my father is terrified of heights. All the pictures from his grand canyon have the handrailing at a distance of 10 or so feet away from him. The L-rd's Majesty could be seen there as well... but personally, i'd most like to visit Yosemite. I fear it a little cause I know i'd never want to leave. although Banff area, glacier NP would be next in line.
Hrm.. now thinking that I may have visited Dr TK lawless state park as much as pallisades cause that's 1 mile of road before I can enter the trail system there to jog/walk whatever. Trying to think of it the opposite way, like which one is bad? There really aren't any bad ones, even the ones without showering facilities seem to have a lake around or a pump so can't complain at all.

Upvote 0
Jan 28, 2007
✟15,140.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Getting back to the CCC question...My dad was not a skilled worker but helped build roads and trails at Colorado National Monument (CNM) and Black Canyon of the Gunnison. I still have a few of my dad's photos from his CCC days and I got to go to CNM a few years ago and it was magnificent. Maybe we should expand this question to which state has the best parks. My vote would be California because it has so much beauty and variety. It has volcanic wonders, extensive deserts, high snowy mountains, and the sequoia and redwood trees.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ambiance

Mar 7, 2007
McMinnville,OR
Visit site
✟15,134.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I've been to many National Parks over the years, but I'd have to say my favorite by far is Lassen National Volcanic Park in Northern California. I love that place. If you've never been, I'd strongly recommend it. Not nearly as crowded as some of the other National Parks, but just as many, if not more, natural wonders. If you go, I encourage you to take the extra 45-minute drive around the back to the Butte Lake entrance, and hike the Cinder Cone/Butte Lake trail (about a 12-mile loop). I guarantee you will see some things you have never seen before. I felt like I was on the moon! It was quite an experience. Check it out.

Upvote 0

JeffreyAK

Mar 13, 2007
✟7,631.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
I have never been to a national park, but I do love going into the outdoors to hike, especially when I lived in Northern Kentucky and we had all of the wilderness surrounding us. Hills, trees, everything was green. You just don't see that in the part of Illinois that I live in.

Thanks for opening my eyes to many of these places I have never even heard of. I searched up some of these places on the internet and they look gorgeous.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

keeptrying

Save a Life....Spay and Neuter!
Jun 4, 2005
North Carolina
✟7,775.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That is hard because they all have a different beauty depending on where they are but I would have to vote Yosemite. I can honestly say the view from Glacier Point took my breath away. Awesome and unforgettable.

Upvote 0