Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Sorry I am not interested in hearing about people's marriage or what someone did back in 1963 and its really not something we should be discussing as its more gossip than anything. According to his tribute they were still married Max Mace, 82, Adventist Music Legend, Passes to His Rest | North American Division of Seventh-day Adventists. My former Pastor used to travel with them Pastor Batchelor and had nothing but nice things to say. :)

I don't think EGW is saying that about the Heritage Singers and I am familiar with the kind of music she is referring to which is basically rock music substituted for Christian lyrics which is not what the HS is doing. I'm okay agreeing to disagree.
If I remember right you've said you've never read Ellen White's books. So how can make an informed judgment on what she meant?

I guess I confused Lucy stopping touring with the HS with her getting a divorce because Max's infidelities were with women touring with the HS

I watched most of that HS concert and another at the LLU church where a relative of Max's is a pastor. The syncopated beat is all through both concerts, and what's more he said that clapping, standing. and singing is a sign of the HS moving people's hearts. His comment is within the first 2 minutes.

Here's a video of HMS Richards talking about seeing Ellen White in person when he was a kid.
This a real example of the HS working on people's hearts.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,834.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
If I remember right you've said you've never read Ellen White's books. So how can make an informed judgment on what she meant?

I guess I confused Lucy stopping touring with the HS with her getting a divorce because Max's infidelities were with women touring with the HS

I watched most of that HS concert and another at the LLU church where a relative of Max's is a pastor. The syncopated beat is all through both concerts, and what's more he said that clapping, standing. and singing is a sign of the HS moving people's hearts. His comment is within the first 2 minutes.

Here's a video of HMS Richards talking about seeing Ellen White in person when he was a kid.
This a real example of the HS working on people's hearts.

I have read some of her books and familiar with her writings.

Since we are talking about EGW

It pains me to say that there are unruly tongues among church members. There are false tongues that feed on mischief. There are sly, whispering tongues. There is tattling, impertinent meddling, adroit quizzing. Among the lovers of gossip some are actuated by curiosity, others by jealousy, many by hatred against those through whom God has spoken to reprove them. All these discordant elements are at work. Some conceal their real sentiments, while others are eager to publish all they know, or even suspect, of evil against another. CCH 176.3

I saw that when sisters who are given to talk get together, Satan is generally present, for he finds employment. He stands by to excite the mind and make the most of the advantage he has gained. He knows that all this gossip, and tale-bearing, and revealing of secrets, and dissecting of character, separate the soul from God. It is death to spirituality and a calm religious influence.... {2T 185.3}
Christians should be careful in regard to their words. They should never carry unfavorable reports from one of their friends to another, especially if they are aware that there is a lack of union between them. It is cruel to hint and insinuate, as though you knew a great deal in regard to this friend or that acquaintance of which others are ignorant. Such hints go further, and create more unfavorable impressions, than to frankly relate the facts in an unexaggerated manner. What harm has not the church of Christ suffered from these things! The inconsistent, unguarded course of her members has made her weak as water. Confidence has been betrayed by members of the same church, and yet the guilty did not design to do mischief. Lack of wisdom in the selection of subjects of conversation has done much harm. The conversation should be upon spiritual and divine things; but it has been otherwise. If the association with Christian friends is chiefly devoted to the improvement of the mind and heart, there will be no after regrets, and they can look back on the interview with a pleasant satisfaction. But if the hours are spent in levity and vain talking, and the precious time is employed in dissecting the lives and character of others, the friendly intercourse will prove a source of evil, and your influence will be a savor of death unto death. {2T 186.1}
Testimonies to the Church, Volume 2, pp 185-186

Upvote 0

Joseph G

Saved by the grace of Jesus Christ
Dec 22, 2023
Austin
✟26,913.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I don’t know how to put a link here but my favorite song is “ I held on “ Jeremiah Yocom. I also love “ Hallelujah what a morning “ . I have quite a few other favorites …
Here ya go...

How to post a song/vid: search on youtube by song title. When it appears, click on 'share', choose 'copy link', go to your post, tap and hold until 'paste' option pops up. Cheers!

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟97,606.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I have read some of her books and familiar with her writings.

Since we are talking about EGW

It pains me to say that there are unruly tongues among church members. There are false tongues that feed on mischief. There are sly, whispering tongues. There is tattling, impertinent meddling, adroit quizzing. Among the lovers of gossip some are actuated by curiosity, others by jealousy, many by hatred against those through whom God has spoken to reprove them. All these discordant elements are at work. Some conceal their real sentiments, while others are eager to publish all they know, or even suspect, of evil against another. CCH 176.3

I saw that when sisters who are given to talk get together, Satan is generally present, for he finds employment. He stands by to excite the mind and make the most of the advantage he has gained. He knows that all this gossip, and tale-bearing, and revealing of secrets, and dissecting of character, separate the soul from God. It is death to spirituality and a calm religious influence.... {2T 185.3}
Christians should be careful in regard to their words. They should never carry unfavorable reports from one of their friends to another, especially if they are aware that there is a lack of union between them. It is cruel to hint and insinuate, as though you knew a great deal in regard to this friend or that acquaintance of which others are ignorant. Such hints go further, and create more unfavorable impressions, than to frankly relate the facts in an unexaggerated manner. What harm has not the church of Christ suffered from these things! The inconsistent, unguarded course of her members has made her weak as water. Confidence has been betrayed by members of the same church, and yet the guilty did not design to do mischief. Lack of wisdom in the selection of subjects of conversation has done much harm. The conversation should be upon spiritual and divine things; but it has been otherwise. If the association with Christian friends is chiefly devoted to the improvement of the mind and heart, there will be no after regrets, and they can look back on the interview with a pleasant satisfaction. But if the hours are spent in levity and vain talking, and the precious time is employed in dissecting the lives and character of others, the friendly intercourse will prove a source of evil, and your influence will be a savor of death unto death. {2T 186.1}
Testimonies to the Church, Volume 2, pp 185-186
So, did you ever listen to Christian's talks on music and the effect it has on the human body which back up everything Ellen White had to say? His sources are secular and have nothing to do with religion. He quotes rock and roll stars as some of his sources.

Upvote 0

Faith over Fear

If I had but one breath, I’d use it to praise HIM!
Dec 30, 2023
USA
✟22,479.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Here ya go...

How to post a song/vid: search on youtube by song title. When it appears, click on 'share', choose 'copy link', go to your post, tap and hold until 'paste' option pops up. Cheers!
Awe!! Thank you SO SO much!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟97,606.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
You finally found a group I have never cared for. To me they are all about "look at me and how good I am: rather than about the music. Too professional for my taste.

Upvote 0

AbbaLove

Circumcism Of The Heart
May 16, 2015
✟120,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
You finally found a group I have never cared for. To me they are all about "look at me and how good I am: rather than about the music. Too professional for my taste.
He is not part of a "group" ... are you referring to "Alabama" ... with the closeups he must be quilty of - "look at me" ...

Maybe this down home country in b&w is more to your liking ...

or maybe this "gospel" with only a few moments of the artist singing ...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Gary O'

Dec 27, 2020
Oregon
✟108,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Heh
I know what you're saying

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟97,606.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
He is not part of a "group" ... are you referring to "Alabama" ... with the closeups he must be quilty of - "look at me" ...

Maybe this down home country in b&w is more to your liking ...

or maybe this "gospel" with only a few moments of the artist singing ...

Penrod is a part of the Gaither empire.

I used to listen to Alabama a lot so I know the difference very well.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AbbaLove

Circumcism Of The Heart
May 16, 2015
✟120,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Heh
I know what you're saying ... Penrod is a part of the Gaither empire.
Is it his long stringy hair that makes him more popular with the gals ... thus guys find fault with him ? Or do you have something against Baptists? Do you also find fault with Gloria ...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟97,606.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Is it his long stringy hair that makes him more popular with the gals ... thus guys find fault with him ? Or do you have something against Baptists? Do you also find fault with Gloria ...

I have nothing against personally against anyone in the Gaither empire. It's that they are performers and their shows scripted rather than the music being about the message in the song. It's obvious to everyone I know Adventist or not.

Upvote 0

Gary O'

Dec 27, 2020
Oregon
✟108,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Uh, you accidentally put part of @Gary K s quote with mine.
'Penrod is a part of the Gaither empire.'
Not MY words

As far as MY opinion on the Gaither group, I don't much care about them being so flamboyant
I just like the song

Also, I don't give a rat's pooper what faith anybody is, as long as the music is inspiring

Let's not make this thread into some sorta denigratory discussion

Keep those elsewhere

Now;

Let's hear some Gospel music!

Man, I get less flack on Non Christian forums when I create Gospel threads

Last edited:
Upvote 0

rodm1974

May 28, 2014
✟17,698.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Uh, you accidentally put part of @Gary K s quote with mine.
'Penrod is a part of the Gaither empire.'
Not MY words

As far as MY opinion on the Gaither group, I don't much care about them being so flamboyant
I just like the song

Also, I don't give a rat's pooper what faith anybody is, as long as the music is inspiring

Let's not make this thread into some sorta denigratory discussion

Keep those elsewhere

Now;

Let's hear some Gospel music!

Man, I get less flack on Non Christian forums when I create Gospel threads
Here's some of my fav Christian Music:

Upvote 0