Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Amen! I pray the Psalms daily in my Divine Office :)
Nice! I used a Breviary for a few years and just switched to The Book of Common Worship: Daily Prayer, which is similar in that it offers psalms for prayer along with scripture readings and canticles, etc.

Upvote 0

Jonaitis

Soli Deo Gloria
Jan 4, 2019
Wyoming
✟123,751.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Ecclesiastes, because its message is both profound and timeless.

It is no wonder, for my favorite composition of music is the Epitaph of Seikilos, which lyrics contains a summary of the book itself.

Some see the book as depressing, but I find it sobering for the Christian whilst they live in this world.

Upvote 0

godisagardener

Romans 10:6-9, Ephesians 2:8-10
Jul 7, 2022
Texas
✟63,141.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Job. Why? Sometimes I'm not sure myself. But I think it teaches lessons we all need to learn. It shows us that God is still with us through suffering. That faith is the victory, as the old hymn says. It's an interesting meld of personalities who make statements and ask questions that are sometimes unanswerable. Speaks to today's world, societal values, the depravity of people.

Reactions: RileyG
Upvote 0

Arctangent

May 28, 2022
Midwest
✟26,626.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
It is the Psalms. But it is by such a large margin that it is almost in a category of its own to me. So other than the Psalms, if we consider the 12 Minor Prophets as a single book, as has been the historical norm, then "The Twelve" would be my favorite.

Reactions: RileyG
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums