Father is "True God" in Scripture, though Son is God also

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟78,425.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi Stuart, I believe my intention to do that very thing was inherent in my statement (I apologize if that was not obvious to you ;)).

As for your inability to get people to give you straight answers to your questions (or answers at all), perhaps it's the kind of questions you ask that cause the problems you're having. If you choose to ask honest questions that are not meant to "bait" someone into giving you the answer that you want (rather than the one they would give you if they knew what you were really after), I think you'll find that you will have much more success.

In the future, ask your questions w/o horns and you should receive answers w/o horns :preach: (if that, in the end, is really what you're after ;))

Yours and His,
David
If you didn't like the question, or what you believed was its intent, you should not have attempted to respond to it.( or deflected I should say from answering it)
I will forthrightly answer the question. If I had your views I would unequivocally state most of the Trinitarian ministers should be thrown out of the pulpit because they wouldn't be telling their flock what they needed to believe to inherit eternal life.
But as I don't hold to your view that doesn't apply for me

Upvote 0

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,930,846.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Hi Stuart, I have no idea what your position on the mystery of the Trinity is, and I'm certain you don't know what I actually / personally believe, only what you 'think' I believe.

And once again, you've demonstrated above why I believe people are slow to respond to you or refuse to answer altogether. Stop playing games if getting unforced answers to your questions makes a difference to you (but as I said, perhaps you really have no interest in that at all)!

I promise to take your advice however and will not attempt to respond to any of your questions in the future if you keep it up.

Yours and His,
David

Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟78,425.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi Stuart, I have no idea what your position on the mystery of the Trinity is, and I'm certain you don't know what I actually / personally believe, only what you 'think' I believe.

And once again, you've demonstrated above why I believe people are slow to respond to you or refuse to answer altogether. Stop playing games if getting unforced answers to your questions makes a difference to you (but as I said, perhaps you really have no interest in that at all)!

I promise to take your advice however and will not attempt to respond to any of your questions in the future if you keep it up.

Yours and His,
David
Lol, I wont ask you any questions because they don't get properly answered.
An ex Trinitarian minister once said:
The difference concerning this subject is not in the essence of Christ but his title.

I thought he put that well. The bible is clear as to which title must be believed to receive salvation.

Upvote 0

younglite

Sep 24, 2015
✟16,070.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The bible is clear as to which title must be believed to receive salvation.

As long as we're discussing this, the word believed in Scripture carries so much more depth that just agreement or acknowledgment. Belief carries the idea that your whole life is dedicated to living out whatever you believe. So when John 3:16 says "whosoever believes in Him shall not perish," it does not mean that whoever admits Jesus is God's Son will be saved, but whoever lives a life of obedience to all He has taught. Only those who surrender their idols of materialism and busyness with other things, and obey God in loving the poor and making disciples will see the kingdom of heaven. Even the demons admit He is God's Son, so clearly we must do much more that simply acknowledge correct doctrine.

Reactions: St_Worm2
Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟78,425.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
As long as we're discussing this, the word believed in Scripture carries so much more depth that just agreement or acknowledgment. Belief carries the idea that your whole life is dedicated to living out whatever you believe. So when John 3:16 says "whosoever believes in Him shall not perish," it does not mean that whoever admits Jesus is God's Son will be saved, but whoever lives a life of obedience to all He has taught. Only those who surrender their idols of materialism and busyness with other things, and obey God in loving the poor and making disciples will see the kingdom of heaven. Even the demons admit He is God's Son, so clearly we must do much more that simply acknowledge correct doctrine.
I have never met any christian in over forty years of going to church who even tried to live a life of obedience to all Jesus taught. Does Tha mean I have never met a christian who will attain to heaven?

Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟78,425.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I
am sure demons are not trusting in christs shed blood to attain heaven, though they know he I the son of God.
I was simply referring to who a person must believe Christ to be to inherit eternal life.
Remember the parable of the sower. In the third example, people got sidetracked by the affairs of this life. Jesus did not say they lost their salvation, rather they did not mature I the faith. Those in the second example walked away.
Remember, Gods love, mercy and compassion is the bedrock of a christians walk.
If a truly born again christian does not follow the path God wants them to, they suffer much anguish and pain by their folly. They will have no rest and no peace until they bow the knee, for they have been born again

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Jun 8, 2010
Northern Indiana
✟15,248.00
Faith
Wesleyan
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I would argue that Jesus is equal in character, but not in size, and that Jesus clearly is not the Father. While there is the statement ``before Abraham was I am`` that can be meant only to state that Jesus is the reason for creation and that he is the beginning of creation (the purpose of creation) not Abraham.

I think the real problem is that people have exalted ideology and its importance, over how we live and thus we are more concerned with what we think about Christ, rather than whether we walk in the teachings of Christ and thus people think that how they embrace Christ intellectually is more important than how we embrace Christ spiritually, in the way we live, and this, to me, is the cause of all the real problems we should be focused on, not on what people`s beliefs are intellectually so much, but only intellectually to the degree that it affects how they live.

Upvote 0

younglite

Sep 24, 2015
✟16,070.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟78,425.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Apr 9, 2016
Fl
✟7,642.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
We as fallible men and women could never wrap our heads around God so he sent us his word for us in the flesh that we may understand the relationship he seeks with his most loved creation and still we have problems comprehending his love Jesus.god is not Jesus yet Jesus is God God is not the spirit yet the spirit is God who can understand that yet if you super ate them all into single entities we can understand,to me it seems it's a matter of God helping small minds that seem to get smaller the closer we get to the end. The adversary perversions become more and more and the truth gets more and more twisted. So with that in mind how can we go back to teaching an old doctorine we need to continue on for the young new and struggling Christians as not to confuse or lose any to satan.

Upvote 0

Geralt

Unsurpassed Сasual Dating - Verified Women
Site Supporter
Apr 9, 2016
GB
Visit site
✟67,802.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
jesus christ and his apostles did not live in a box.

theirs was a time of abounding worship and devotion to gods and goddesses conceived by man.

'true god' statement of christ requires a contrast ( a false god). obviously it is not christ, and to conclude christ as the false god from his own statement (in a way discrediting himself) makes no sense and is totally out of context. some unitarian cults even falsely added the word 'only' -> 'only true God' which is deceptive.

the contextual conclusion is to refer to the other 'false' gods made by and worship by men in those days.

Upvote 0