Not open for further replies.

MezzaMorta

Aug 11, 2006
✟4,292.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Private
I do upper body stuff on my chest and shoulders.
Anything else is NOT possible.
FWIW, When a Dr won't give clearence to a patient to even swim in a pool, Then there IS something wrong.

Want to try a new argument ??
This one is failing BADLY.

I’m not a doctor, I do not know your conditions. But as you have admitted it is possible for you to do at least some form of exercise. That is all that is needed. You burn calories no matter what kind of exercise you do. Seeing as you have said as much that you are capable of it all that would be required is for you to have your doctor and a personal trainer discuss the issue and determine an appropriate and doable workout routine to keep your body healthy.

But exercise is not even necessary to lose weight, our bodies burn calories just by doing what they do. You can sit in your chair all day and do nothing and you’d burn a good 1500+ cals. All that would be required not to gain weight would be not to eat more than your body requires.

You are making a very simple concept complex when it is not. [FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Upvote 0

I'ddie4him2

Prince of Id, Matt's dad, Tatted saint, Got ink ??
Feb 2, 2002
You have just entered the twilight zone........
✟17,773.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
But it a common argument for people that it won't effect.

Do this, it won't hurt me, but punishes people I think are wrong, is one of the most common arguments I've seen on the net.

Maybe we should take away all money over 50K from everyone, and use all that excess money (no matter if they earned it or not) to feed all the worlds poor.

Might be on to something there but not anyone over 50k.
I have another idea.
Let's make it so that Cigs are taxed so high that people can't afford them and they can use THAT money to help feed the starving.
Fair trade ??

Upvote 0

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟393,880.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And there are heavy taxes on smokes, if they were to raise that tax I would not complain. I support them doing so.

Higher prices on smokes have proven to reduce the amount of people smokeing. Logic would dictate the same would apply to overweight people. [FONT=&quot][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
Got any studies to back that up ?

Upvote 0

I'ddie4him2

Feb 2, 2002
✟17,773.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I’m not a doctor, I do not know your conditions. But as you have admitted it is possible for you to do at least some form of exercise. That is all that is needed. You burn calories no matter what kind of exercise you do. Seeing as you have said as much that you are capable of it all that would be required is for you to have your doctor and a personal trainer discuss the issue and determine an appropriate and doable workout routine to keep your body healthy.

But exercise is not even necessary to lose weight, our bodies burn calories just by doing what they do. You can sit in your chair all day and do nothing and you’d burn a good 1500+ cals. All that would be required not to gain weight would be not to eat more than your body requires.

You state you are not a medical professional and yet make claims that just sitting there can burn calories ??
I eat one small meal a day and when I feel decent and able enough, I cut my grass.
I have talked to other Dr's and Trainers and no one will work with me til the Dr gives an OK.
Is that difficult to comprehend ??

You are making a very simple concept complex when it is not.

Seems to me that making bold claims and red herring arguments is not the best thing either. :scratch:

Upvote 0

MezzaMorta

Aug 11, 2006
✟4,292.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Private
I don't ascribe to the direct cause & effect idea of me eating Frankenfood from a factory starves anyone, rather the factory eliminates competition, taking the freedom out of free trade. The subsidized factories & fsarms out produce third world economies, depressing prices, forcing third worlders to grow non-food crops, or go on subsistence.

Indirectly, I participate, even if by force, but directly, I am not responsible for the starvation. I think you have "super-sized" my role a bit.

Well that is getting into more complex economic models. But the argument to support that theory can be made, no doubt there are competing theories on the issue and I’m no economist but I do take business in university and had some experience in discussing the issue, how ever this isn’t the thread to do it in. Though if threads arise on the issue I’d be more than willing to debate the issue. [FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Upvote 0

MezzaMorta

Aug 11, 2006
✟4,292.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Private
[FONT=&quot] Maybe we should take away all money over 50K from everyone, and use all that excess money (no matter if they earned it or not) to feed all the worlds poor.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] The amount of money the US spends each year on the unconstitutional and pointless war on drugs could feed the worlds poor. It is not an issue of having the money, it is just an issue of spending it on the right causes. [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Upvote 0

I'ddie4him2

Feb 2, 2002
✟17,773.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Trends in Canada and most of Europe would disagree.

Then using the strawman argument you put forth we could also raise the taxes on gasoline so we could force everyone to cut back on driving and emissions.

ETA,
Trends ?? Trends don't mean anything.
How about actual proven studies showing this ??

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

I'ddie4him2

Feb 2, 2002
✟17,773.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
[/font][/color]

[FONT=&quot]The amount of money the US spends each year on the unconstitutional and pointless war on drugs could feed the worlds poor. It is not an issue of having the money, it is just an issue of spending it on the right causes. [/FONT]

Then by this argument here, The same could have been done by not going to Iraq and being involved in Desert Storm and Desert Shield and saved us a ton of money and not cost us thousands of human lives.

Upvote 0

Gal328

Mar 10, 2006
NY
✟676.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
More so in America than anywhere else in the world there are massive amounts of overweight people. Most of them here in America also subscribe to some faction of the Christian faith.

Now to me this seems hypocritical. Not only does the bible clearly condemn the acts and mindset it takes to get fat (greed, glotony... ect) but I see no difference between an overweight person and someone who would stand in front of a child dieing of thirst with a bucket of water taunting them with it.

How many children die each day of starvation... simply because they do not have enough money to buy food or there is no food in their nation. Over 1/3rd of the world population lives under the poverty line, they do not get enough food to maintain a healthy lifestyle.

Yet these "Christians" can sit there and eat more food then their body needs. It is greed to it's maximum in my opinion and can not understand why instead of "supersizeing" they don't maybe save that money up and use it for something actually worthwhile, saving a child's life instead of just adding insult to those starving childreds tragity.

It also on a totaly other path of topic seems to be desecrating the our body that God created for us. I just can not see how anyone can justify such behavior with a Christian belief and allow themselves to become fat. Losing weight and/or not getting fat is not complicated at all.

People who have been obese all thier lives, do not see food the same way you would. Food is not for survival fora fat person. Food means so much more. Food is way to escape from the problems a person might have. Food is a reward, food is a friend, food is entertainment.

People are addicted to many different things. For some is smoking, or drinking or drugs. For obese people its food.

There are poor obese people. We find ways to keep eating like a poor smoker finds ways to keep smoking.

By the way are you helping those starving kids?

If you are sure that you are doing every thing that you can to help those starving kids out. If you are more power to you. But you should not pass judjements on other people. I know for sure that the Bible speaks against that.

:kiss: God bless

Upvote 0

Annabel Lee

Beware the Thought Police
Feb 8, 2002
Q'onoS
✟39,227.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
[/FONT][/COLOR]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] And our place to ensure they know what constitutes a sin. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] No one is forced to read this thread, the title should have made the content pretty evident. If you are truly that insulted and believe it is a personal attack against you maybe you shouldn’t have clicked on the title. [/FONT]

Where have I said I was insulted? I'm surprised by your sinful behavior, that's all.
Why do you feel that you personally attacked me?
I'm a fairly slim person, so don't think I'm one of your victims.
But as a human being, I take great offense at your hypocritial and cruel behavior towards your brothers and sisters.
You are a hypocrite. You are the clanging gong that St. Paul spoke of.

Who isn’t, you just went on about not judging people and then to come to this conclusion you would have had to judge me.

I did judge you. You have a problem with that? And now I judge you again to be dishonest. Why did you conveniently leave out this part of my post?
No you are not healthy and fit.

Annabel Lee said:
In post 44 you stated that you were a smoker. How in the world can you be "healthy and fit, all one can strive for" (your own words), if you suck noxious, carcinogens into your body?

Why not work on your own sins, instead of pointing your holy self-righteous finger at your fellow sinners?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.