WISCONSIN
✟766.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
:scratch: It was hard for me to understand what fasting was really about... One thing you need to do is pray about fasting, then read books and your bible....My idea of fasting is not only food, but you can fast from drinking, overeating, lusting, smoking, cursing, selfishnes, sex before marriage etc.... Mainly you are fasting from anything that is not good for the spirit. You are going to stop those things and not return back to them, cleansing your spirit.......:amen:

Hope this help!!!!

Upvote 0

myallforhim

Nov 6, 2005
North Carolina
✟1,863.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
quot-bot-right.gif

myallforhimView Public ProfileFind all posts by myallforhimSend a private message to myallforhimSend Email to myallforhimBless myallforhim nowView or write in myallforhim's GuestbookRead or comment in myallforhim's BlogAdd to myallforhim's ReputationAdd myallforhim to your Buddy ListView myallforhim's CF Friends

<DIV align=center><DIV class=page style="WIDTH: 95%; TEXT-ALIGN: left"><DIV style="PADDING-RIGHT: 25px; PADDING-LEFT: 25px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px"><DIV style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 6px; PADDING-TOP: 0px">

Upvote 0

janny108

Feb 7, 2005
Arizona
Visit site
✟23,724.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Fasting is good for a variety reasons. It is not abstaining from sins. I fast because I want to more in tune with God without the distractions of life. Everyone does it differently, both the kind of fast and the length of it. I do it to get closer to the Lord and be able to discern His guidance, presence better.

Yes, you can abstain from certain pleasures as well. For me, that means no TV, internet generally speaking, no music. Just you and Him. Talk about everything, all your concerns, praises, etc. I don't have too much time during the day for everything I pray about while fasting, because like everyone else, I'm thinking of what I need to do on a particular day! ;)

Jan

Upvote 0

stone

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 7, 2005
Everywhere
✟73,174.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
HopeBforJC said:
When you fast...why? I've seen all the scripture about it, and it doesnt make sense. What i the point? What is it going to do? And do you only fast food? Or other stuff too?...

It cleans you

Upvote 0