SAint Mark

Jesus Freak
Dec 19, 2003
Sweden
Visit site
✟8,336.00
Faith
Christian
Do you people watch fansubbed anime? Got any favourite fansub groups? Do you think fansubbing is good or bad?

Fansubbed anime are basically anime that have not been licenced in the USA and very easy to download. If the anime gets licenced the fansubbers normally stop subbing and distributing it and tell you to buy the DVDs.

SAint Mark

Jesus Freak
Dec 19, 2003
Sweden
Visit site
✟8,336.00
Faith
Christian
Angelo said:
I used to do alot of fansubbing myself, but eventually I realized that I no longer cared to do it. Ya'know like I was just doing it to do it. That and I was kinda sick of the people I was working with.
Anyway I approve of it so long as the anime is not released Stateside.

No kidding, which group where you with? Might even have heard of you :D

Upvote 0

ashibaka

ShiiAce
Jun 15, 2002
Visit site
✟9,047.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Private
Araara, fansubbing is a great service. You get to watch anime that might not ever be licensed in the United States, and improve your Japanese skills.

I am currently subbing Mujin Wakusei Survive which has not been picked up by any American companies, or even any major fansubbing groups.

Upvote 0

Dracil

Dec 25, 2003
San Francisco
✟16,707.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
A-Keep is generally good, although there are occasional translations I disagree with.

Avoid Animejunkies.

The best quality will come from any group that releases their files as OGM (or other container files), which are less legal than fansubs, because they are essentially ripped from the US DVDs, along with selectable subtitles and audio tracks, but without the other DVD extras.

Upvote 0

Braidless Baka

BB-chan desu ^_^
Dec 31, 2003
United Kingdom
✟15,120.00
Faith
Agnostic
I agree with fansubbing, I definately agree with fansubbing. Unfortunately, I'm not good enough at Japanese to try it yet myself. I figure, as long as an anime isn't licensed, it actually helps the companies releasing the English language version, since in increases awareness. I know my money would've gone elsewhere if I wasn't a cronic downloader of fansubs o_O;;

Upvote 0

iter itineris

Jan 5, 2004
Visit site
✟7,792.00
Faith
Christian
I’ve never been able to get a hold of fanstubs. Most of the places I found online when I ask them they will only trade with me for another stub, but I don’t have any yet! :mad:

I would love to get the rest of the Orguss series. They made 8 volumes for the US on VHS tape but stopped half way though the series. They will never finish it. I found someone who had taped it off of Japanese TV but it was very poor (copy of a copy) and not subtitled. So I had to kind of read the plot that he typed out on paper and try to put the scenes together in my head. :(

Upvote 0

SAint Mark

Jesus Freak
Dec 19, 2003
Sweden
Visit site
✟8,336.00
Faith
Christian
Dracil said:
The best quality will come from any group that releases their files as OGM (or other container files), which are less legal than fansubs, because they are essentially ripped from the US DVDs, along with selectable subtitles and audio tracks, but without the other DVD extras.

Now here's an interesting question... for me, a guy who lives in Sweden it is completely legal to dowload stuff that is licenced in America. Or is it? I mean I couldn't care less what is licenced over there :D

I love those ogm subbers, the quality is GREAT!

iter itineris, do you have broadband? Most anime is REALLY easy to get on the net, both licenced and unlicenced stuff (it's up to yuor own consciense what you dl). The site dracil posted is really good for all the new unlicenced series. Then there are dowloading programs like Direct Connect, Kazee etc. that you can use.

Upvote 0

Hix

Zionist Jew
Dec 29, 2003
✟17,284.00
Faith
Judaism
Politics
UK-Conservative
Ive found it to be a mixed bag, and generally stay away from it now. I bought some well subbed G Gundam which was very good, but I also bought some badly fan-subbed Turn A Gundam and Final Fantasy Unlimited, which were examples of some of the worst engrish I have seen >_< Il just stick to the official subbed anime from now on.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

iter itineris

Jan 5, 2004
Visit site
✟7,792.00
Faith
Christian
SAint Mark said:
iter itineris, do you have broadband? Most anime is REALLY easy to get on the net, both licenced and unlicenced stuff (it's up to yuor own consciense what you dl). The site dracil posted is really good for all the new unlicenced series. Then there are dowloading programs like Direct Connect, Kazee etc. that you can use.

Yep, I have a Cable connection. I've tried the Clients such as WinMX and I never really had any luck with it. Out of 50 selections maybe one will start to load, after a few hours it stops. I did get one to complete once, then it would not play on my system. I've got a fast computer using XP, so I don't know what the problem was. Some kind of encoding issue I guess. Know of any place that has Samurai Deeper? Or is that licensed in the US now?

Upvote 0

Felron

Jan 8, 2004
Victoria, British Columbia
✟820.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
i really cant stand subbing atall, but if i had to listen to any i think fansubbing is often better, because i can stand to hear there voices, but the normall subbing ...the voices hurt my ears, but the meaning is usually portaid much better.

but i like subbing the best, and i am going to be learning japanese so i think it wont really matter after that. ^^

Upvote 0

Dracil

Dec 25, 2003
San Francisco
✟16,707.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Hix said:
but I also bought some badly fan-subbed Turn A Gundam and Final Fantasy Unlimited
You were cheated of your money. You should *never* be paying for fansubs. They even tell you in a lot of the fansubs in the opening or during the break that if you paid money for the fansub, you were ripped off.

Upvote 0