• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

Family Pets? Show em awf!

Discussion in 'Married Couples' started by ChristopherK, Jun 28, 2017.

Tags:
  1. ChristopherK

ChristopherK Member

+141
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Constitution
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  2. RoseforChrist

RoseforChrist Member

+88
    United States
    Christian
    Private

3. *LILAC

*LILAC Keeping it simple. Supporter

+7,347
    Canada
    Christian
    Married
    catinabox.jpg
    My kitty might enjoy some tasty fishy treats! She's only about 5 months old. Still plenty of time for aquatic training! ;)

4. JRichard68

JRichard68 There is too much butter on those trays

+139
    Canada
    Lutheran
    Divorced
    Well, old age. She had kidney problems and went downhill pretty quick. Eventually put her down so she didn't suffer too much. She was feisty, but very attached.

5. JRichard68

+139
    Canada
    Lutheran
    Divorced
    I had a cat some time ago - a male, but much like your 'feral' friend. He'd escape out the window occasionally and be gone for a few days. But his issue (and I suspect the issue with the feral cat) was that he wasn't fixed. So he'd be all happy, and purring, and loving - then he'd attack. I suspect that he would get over-stimulated easily, and just respond out of instinct. If he'd been neutered I think that would have solved a lot of it. But I had some major wars with that cat.

6. mkgal1

mkgal1 His perfect way sets me free. 2 Samuel 22:33 Supporter

+5,764
    Anglican
    Married
    Well....that brings up a "funny" story about this cat. We had quite a problem with an overpopulation of cats for a while. This cat was the third generation of feral cats we dealt with. For a while, there was a group that was offering $10 spay and neuter surgeries--one just had to trap the cats and bring them in/pick them up. I did that for as long as the program ran--then they stopped offering that.

I actually had taken this cat (and her kittens, once they were weaned) to our animal shelter (which is over 30 miles away by freeway). I didn't like doing that....but my husband also wasn't thrilled having all these cats in our yard (and me having to leave food out for her). About 2 weeks later, I was out of town and my husband called me. He accused me of lying about bringing the cat to the shelter, because she was in.our.yard. Apparently....without letting me know....the shelter staff had spayed her and returned her. We haven't had any kittens since 5 years ago, so I'm certain she is spayed (as they told me she was). She's just lacking in trust, I guess.

7. JRichard68

+139
    Canada
    Lutheran
    Divorced
    Well that was awfully brilliant of them to bring the cat back... smh...
    Certainly I would have clarified that you did take the cat in, but... yeah... gotta be another answer to this ^_^

8. mkgal1

mkgal1 His perfect way sets me free. 2 Samuel 22:33 Supporter

+5,764
    Anglican
    Married
    I had a tearful conversation with the sherrif deputy in charge of animal control when I brought the cat in (and he'd actually given me his contact information)....so I had my husband call him to ask what happened.

After so many years of dealing with cats/kittens....trapping them to get them spayed/neutered......then believing we were FINALLY at the end--and then he finds her in our yard. It was like a horror movie where the monster came back to life.... :fearscream: ^_^

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  9. live4Christ2016

live4Christ2016 Member

+73
    Australia
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Republican
    The kitties in my profile pic were rescue kitties, but one of them was obviously satan's cat because she just did whatever she wanted. They were sisters so I had to keep them together. My two boys in my pics are Jake and Charlie. Jake is a tri-color Cavalier King Charles Spaniel and Charlie is a Ruby Cavalier King Charles Spaniel. Jake is 12 months and Charlie is 3 months. Very playful. Jake is the naughty one....Charlie is lovely.

Attached Files:

10. live4Christ2016

live4Christ2016 Member

+73
    Australia
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Republican
    I don't have the kitties anymore. They went back to the rescue to be rehomed.

11. Martyr's Crown

Martyr's Crown Sunflower Jewel

+2,478
    Christian
    Married
    This is our dog Stjerna, she is a Finnish Lapdog. These pictures are 3 years old but she still looks much of the same, and they are some of my favourite pictures of her. She is in her right element when it is cold and there is snow outside, also makes her look much more beautiful too... It is clear she is a true polar dog. She is now 7 years of age, but we still get compliments and hear from people saying they think she looks younger. She is very playful and energetic, a very sweet dog, very social, but can be stubborn and bossy toward some other dogs. She loves spending time on the balcony, barking at anyone or anything which get's her full attention. You can say for sure that she is an dedicated watchdog. ;) :)

073_zpsqjrbnhja.jpg 063_zpsjbo2uoiq.jpg 049_zpscfmuxzam.jpg

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  12. ChristopherK

ChristopherK Member

+141
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Constitution
    That dog is BEAUTIFUL! Ugh. Man, I want to get a dog. I'd have to relocate of course, but I don't mind that either. ^_^

13. Martyr's Crown

Martyr's Crown Sunflower Jewel

+2,478
    Christian
    Married
    Thank you! I must agree with you on that she is a very beautiful dog! ;) :D I hope you can get a dog sometime as well! :) Stay blessed in Christ Jesus!