Hartselle
✟7,943.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I’m stuck and not sure how to approach a situation. Ok, here goes....

I’m 37 years old, married with four children aged 5yrs up to 8yrs old. We own our own home and land after spending 9yrs on active duty in the Army. Everything is great. Now let me introduce my mother. She has been married so many times that she can’t marry in our home state anymore. She married a man from out of state and subsequently moved there with her new...like 9th husband(not sure of the number but that’s close). A couple of times she has come to visit and stay a week or two at a time. I tried to understand due to travel arrangements being difficult. This time she has been here for 2 months with no talk of going home. She had some health concerns and saw a DR here and has postponed appointments more than once. Her husband, understandably, is upset about this prolonged “visit”. My wife and I need her to go home. I feel like she is using my home to escape her marriage.

Does anyone have any biblical suggestions?

Brightmoon

Apes and humans are all in family Hominidae.
Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I think it’s time you need to find out why she doesn’t want to go home. If she’s putting up with either physical or emotional abuse then you might just have to help her.

• Agree
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Hi Jim, welcome to CF. I'm inclined to agree with Brightmoon. Find out if she needs help, especially since it seems she might also be sick. She might need to see a counselor to explore if some kind of abuse is going on. If it is, she needs help.

• Agree
Reactions: Brightmoon
Upvote 0

Brightmoon

Apes and humans are all in family Hominidae.
Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Why doesn't her latest husband just come to your house and take her home?
women aren’t small children or packages. You don’t just pick them up and take them somewhere

• Agree
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0