Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
If an idea is not falsifiable, then it cannot be proven to be factual.

Evolution is falsifiable, but has not been falsified. Genetics could have falsified evolution, but did not, further supporting it instead. The fossil record could have falsified evolution, but does not, further supporting it as well.

What is falsifiable about creation that has not been falsified?

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,537.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
If an idea is not falsifiable, then it cannot be proven to be factual.
Don't you mean scientific?
TBDude65 said:
What is falsifiable about creation that has not been falsified?
Nothing ... creation isn't scientific.

Upvote 0

Nando Ronteltap

Apr 2, 2019
Amsterdam
✟4,632.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
In Relationship
Don't you mean scientific?Nothing ... creation isn't scientific.

Choice is the mechanism of creation. In principle you can just establish as fact that a choice is made.

For people we use our own experience to establish what is chosen.

For the rest of nature, I guess usually we look for variation in results from same starting conditions to establish something is free.

In science some quantum interpretations, and some information theory interpretations establish freedom as a reality of physics.

To find any evidence of choices made long ago in the universe would probably be a highly interpretative pursuit, doubtful it could be directly measured.

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,979.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
a cat evolving wings will falsify creationism. and yet we never seen such a thing.
No it wouldn’t. An all powerful creator could easily do that.

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
a cat evolving wings will falsify creationism. and yet we never seen such a thing.
You have that backwards. Creationism has no model so that observation would not negate it. Creationism is in the useless realm of "Not even wrong". Now if you mean wings in addition to its four legs that would likely disprove evolution.

Upvote 0

pitabread

Jan 29, 2017
Frozen North
✟336,823.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private

Creationism is an unfalsifiable proposition based on the supernatural. Nothing can explicitly falsify it, since there are no bounds on the supernatural.

That's also why creationism can never be science. It can explain anything and everything via miracles.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,537.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Not really. It's kinda useless in that respect. :/
Useless as far as not being able to use any of the information supplied to build a better mousetrap?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

TBDude65

Fossil Finder (TM)
Dec 26, 2016
Tennessee
✟26,919.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0

TBDude65

Fossil Finder (TM)
Dec 26, 2016
Tennessee
✟26,919.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
How would a "cat evolving wings" falsify creationism? What is predicted (through creationism) that would predict anything related to a cat evolving wings?

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I mean proof in so much as something can be confirmed to be fact (like evolution, gravity, etc)

You're using proof in a colloquial sense. Go ahead and read that link I provided. Proof is only found in math and logic (and liquor). Because all scientific propositions must potentially be falsifiable with new data none of them, from hypotheses to theories, are ever considered proven.

Upvote 0

TBDude65

Fossil Finder (TM)
Dec 26, 2016
Tennessee
✟26,919.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
You're using proof in a colloquial sense. Go ahead and read that link I provided. Proof is only found in math and logic (and liquor). Because all scientific propositions must potentially be falsifiable with new data none of them, from hypotheses to theories, are ever considered proven.
I understand what you're saying. We're not writing a thesis so I'm okay with using "proof" in a colloquial sense (I have a few research degrees under my belt, so I've had that part of the argument handed to me numerous times via a few seasoned scientists)

Upvote 0