Home
✟10,056.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
i was going to do a little reaserch on what the false religions are proposing, and right now i want to focus on false religions that claim JEsus in some form or another.

could you guys help me out and let me know what the false religions that claim Jesus in some false form.

for example:

Islam, Ba'Hai, whatever that religion is that claims all religions will lead you to Christ, universalism i think.

are there others?

JacktheCatholic

Praise be to Jesus Christ. Now and forever.
Mar 9, 2007
Michigan, USA
Visit site
✟44,388.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
i was going to do a little reaserch on what the false religions are proposing, and right now i want to focus on false religions that claim JEsus in some form or another.

could you guys help me out and let me know what the false religions that claim Jesus in some false form.

for example:

Islam, Ba'Hai, whatever that religion is that claims all religions will lead you to Christ, universalism i think.

are there others?

Personally, I would focus on the One True Faith which is Christianity and in this you will find the fullness of what we have received from God in the Catholic Church.

Why bother with false religions? The devils are always making new ones and there are more than we can possibly know. So, strive for truth and the light and stay our of the dark.

Reactions: Ave Maria
Upvote 0

JacktheCatholic

Mar 9, 2007
Michigan, USA
Visit site
✟44,388.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
how could this possibly be true? what is the rule that says you can't discuss false religions in the context that they are false?

I would be in line with site rules to say there is only one Church and it is described in the Nicene Creed, "One Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church."

Everything else is False.

Upvote 0

Gwendolyn

back in black
Jan 28, 2005
Canada
✟20,680.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I would be in line with site rules to say there is only one Church and it is described in the Nicene Creed, "One Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church."

Everything else is False.

I thought the OP was asking about other Christian sects. In which case we would indeed get warned for calling them false.

The rules allow us to say that non-Christian religions are false, but we aren't allowed to impugn the honour of other Christian sects, regardless of how the Church feels.

Upvote 0

JacktheCatholic

Mar 9, 2007
Michigan, USA
Visit site
✟44,388.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I thought the OP was asking about other Christian sects. In which case we would indeed get warned for calling them false.

The rules allow us to say that non-Christian religions are false, but we aren't allowed to impugn the honour of other Christian sects, regardless of how the Church feels.

I am not disagreeing or debating. I am simply paraphrasing the rules that this site recognizes all that teach and follow the Nicene Creed to be Christian.

As a Catholic we can reference Lumen Gentium which goes into more detail because we are in OBOB and state what the RCC teaches with out breaking any rules

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ashout

As Tall as Goliath and as fearsome too!
Oct 27, 2009
Home
✟10,056.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
new age! i knew it! those guys are crazy! the other day I heard wayne Dyer has said that the bible has energy in it, and even if an athiest puts it near his body, it will feed into him and grant him health and well being. he says you can hold a peice of food next to your heart, and the energy's from the food will tell you weather its good to eat or not.

pretty crazy huh.

Upvote 0

Rhamiel

Member of the Round Table
Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
new age! i knew it! those guys are crazy! the other day I heard wayne Dyer has said that the bible has energy in it, and even if an athiest puts it near his body, it will feed into him and grant him health and well being. he says you can hold a peice of food next to your heart, and the energy's from the food will tell you weather its good to eat or not.

pretty crazy huh.
sounds crazy, but that does not mean it is not true, this is not something I beieve, but in the OT we see peope being struck dead by the Arc of the Covenant so that some objects have power might not be true but it seems possible

Upvote 0

ashout

As Tall as Goliath and as fearsome too!
Oct 27, 2009
Home
✟10,056.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
sounds crazy, but that does not mean it is not true, this is not something I beieve, but in the OT we see peope being struck dead by the Arc of the Covenant so that some objects have power might not be true but it seems possible

I never thought of it like that. I always figured, if you disobey whats in the bible you be cursed by it, and if you obey whats in the bible you will blessed by it. if you disobey it but hold it next to your ear, its not as if you heard what was in it.

at the same time though, God DOES like to bless people!

Upvote 0

Rhamiel

Member of the Round Table
Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I never thought of it like that. I always figured, if you disobey whats in the bible you be cursed by it, and if you obey whats in the bible you will blessed by it. if you disobey it but hold it next to your ear, its not as if you heard what was in it.

at the same time though, God DOES like to bless people!
God is true to His word,
if you do not follow Jesus you will be saved
but the sun shines on the wicked as well as the good
so this might be more of a sign of His goodness, but I am not waying that this is how it is with the Bible
I dunno, it is just.... an idea

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ebia

Senior Contributor
Jul 6, 2004
A very long way away. Sometimes even further.
✟54,775.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
Rhamiel said:

More particularly in 1 Samuel the people get themselves in a right mess by treating the Arc as kind of talisman of power.

Upvote 0