Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Then 1 John 2:4 doesn't refute anything I've said.
I know that ANYONE who keeps the commandments will know God and will receive ALL the promises that are connected to keeping the commandments because God has promised it.

Upvote 0

drstevej

"The crowd always chooses Barabbas."
In Memory Of
Mar 18, 2003
Lousianna
✟1,001,611.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I know that ANYONE who keeps the commandments will know God and will receive ALL the promises that are connected to keeping the commandments because God has promised it.

Have you kept all of the commandments?
  • today?
  • this week?
  • this month?
  • this year?

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed

I know that the Doctrine and Covenants is false doctrine:exclamation::!!:

D&C 130
20 There is a law, irrevocably decreed in heaven before the foundations of this world, upon which all blessings are predicated—
21 And when we obtain any blessing from God, it is by obedience to that law upon which it is predicated.

No one deserves eternal life:exclamation:

1 Corinthians 15

9 For I am the least of the apostles, that am not meet to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God. 10 But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I laboured more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me.

Christian standing-in-the-grace-of-GOD-2-638.jpg

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Have you kept all of the commandments?
  • today?
  • this week?
  • this month?
  • this year?
Everyone should strive to keep the commandments every day, every week, every month, and every year because in doing so they show their love for Jesus Christ. I ask you should a person boast in their endeavors to please God? No, but I will boast in Jesus Christ who gave us the commandments of love because in keeping the commandments God's children can come to know God. They can also receive all of the blessings and promises given to those who keep the commandments:
(New Testament | Mark 10:17 - 21)

17 ¶ And when he was gone forth into the way, there came one running, and kneeled to him, and asked him, Good Master, what shall I do that I may inherit eternal life?
18 And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God.
19 Thou knowest the commandments, Do not commit adultery, Do not kill, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Defraud not, Honour thy father and mother.
20 And he answered and said unto him, Master, all these have I observed from my youth.
21 Then Jesus beholding him loved him, and said unto him, One thing thou lackest: go thy way, sell whatsoever thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, take up the cross, and follow me.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Loving parents want to attend their children's weddings. I've talked to some who had a child married in one of your temples.

My step-daughter had a real wedding ceremony where we all attended. Then she had a Mormon temple service---to which no family member could go to, not even her own mother and father. Her father was dying of cancer at the time---she did not know it. Had she not had the real wedding first, he would never have been able to be at her wedding. That would have broke his heart--and hers, she was a "daddy's girl."

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Sorry, for the most part they do. And like I say, the teachings of the SDA do not fully agree with the bible either.

You are very wrong---there is not one doctrine that is not biblical. You can toss EGW out the window, none of our doctrines would fall and neither would the church. Toss out JS---you have nothing.

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
I know that the Doctrine and Covenants is false doctrine:exclamation::!!:

D&C 130
20 There is a law, irrevocably decreed in heaven before the foundations of this world, upon which all blessings are predicated—
21 And when we obtain any blessing from God, it is by obedience to that law upon which it is predicated.

No one deserves eternal life:exclamation:

1 Corinthians 15

9 For I am the least of the apostles, that am not meet to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God. 10 But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I laboured more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me.
(Old Testament | Deuteronomy 11:26 - 28)

26 ¶ Behold, I set before you this day a blessing and a curse;
27 A blessing, if ye obey the commandments of the LORD your God, which I command you this day:
28 And a curse, if ye will not obey the commandments of the LORD your God, but turn aside out of the way which I command you this day, to go after other gods, which ye have not known.
(New Testament | Romans 16:26)

26 But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:

(New Testament | Revelation 22:14)

14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

(Old Testament | Psalms 112:1)

1 PRAISE ye the LORD. Blessed is the man that feareth the LORD, that delighteth greatly in his commandments.

(Old Testament | Numbers 23:20)

20 Behold, I have received commandment to bless: and he hath blessed; and I cannot reverse it.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
God gave us the commandments so we could learn what real love is.

You are so wrong---God gave us His word, that tells that God so loved us, that He gave His ONE AND ONLY SON, TO DIE FOR US IN ORDER TO SAVE US----that is real love, the full realization of that is when we fall in love with God and that love makes us want to obey Him. We then know that His commandments are an expression of His love and character, not a set of rules. Love is the key! Until you figure that out---all your scripture quoting and commandment keeping will get you nowhere.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
My step-daughter had a real wedding ceremony where we all attended. Then she had a Mormon temple service---to which no family member could go to, not even her own mother and father. Her father was dying of cancer at the time---she did not know it. Had she not had the real wedding first, he would never have been able to be at her wedding. That would have broke his heart--and hers, she was a "daddy's girl."
:(

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
The Bible agrees with me, Adam and Eve's eyes were not open, in other words they did not know the facts of life.

Wrong---the bible disagree with you. They were innocent , sin free, they had no ideas they were naked. Sex has nothing to do with clothing!! They were just getting to know their surrounding, their God, each other. As I said, they didn't even know their names yet. Most people like to get to know each other before having sex--- Mormons don't have to---they just have sex first and get to know each other later?

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed

27 A blessing, if ye obey the commandments of the LORD your God, which I command you this day:
28 And a curse, if ye will not obey the commandments of the LORD your God, but turn aside out of the way which I command you this day, to go after other gods, which ye have not known.

26 But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:

14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

1 PRAISE ye the LORD. Blessed is the man that feareth the LORD, that delighteth greatly in his commandments.

20 Behold, I have received commandment to bless: and he hath blessed; and I cannot reverse it.

He blessed me with salvation. I couldn't earn it and didn't deserve it! We love Him because He FIRST loved us and forgave us for Christ's sake!

Matthew 5:45

That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others

Mat 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
Mat 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
Mat 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

We keep the commandments because we love God.

Joh_15:12 This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.
Gal_5:14 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
1Jn_3:11 For this is the message that ye heard from the beginning, that we should love one another.
1Jn_3:23 And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.
1Jn_4:17 Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world.

1Jn_4:19 We love him, because he first loved us.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
You are so wrong---God gave us His word, that tells that God so loved us, that He gave His ONE AND ONLY SON, TO DIE FOR US IN ORDER TO SAVE US----that is real love, the full realization of that is when we fall in love with God and that love makes us want to obey Him. We then know that His commandments are an expression of His love and character, not a set of rules. Love is the key! Until you figure that out---all your scripture quoting and commandment keeping will get you nowhere.
God does not break His promises!:

(Old Testament | Numbers 23:19)

19 God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?

(New Testament | John 14:15 - 16)

15 ¶ If ye love me, keep my commandments.
16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

(New Testament | John 14:21 - 23)

21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.
22 Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world?
23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

He promised and He will make good on His promises even if you say He won't.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
God does not break His promises!:

(Old Testament | Numbers 23:19)

19 God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?

(New Testament | John 14:15 - 16)

15 ¶ If ye love me, keep my commandments.
16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

(New Testament | John 14:21 - 23)

21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.
22 Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world?
23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

He promised and He will make good on His promises even if you say He won't.

NO, He doesn't!!!

Luk 13:25 When once the master of the house is risen up, and hath shut to the door, and ye begin to stand without, and to knock at the door, saying, Lord, Lord, open unto us; and he shall answer and say unto you, I know you not whence ye are:
Luk 13:26 Then shall ye begin to say, We have eaten and drunk in thy presence, and thou hast taught in our streets.
Luk 13:27 But he shall say, I tell you, I know you not whence ye are; depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity.
Luk 13:28 There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when ye shall see Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, and all the prophets, in the kingdom of God, and you yourselves thrust out.

You do not know the real God of the bible!! You can not love what you do not know!
You know the God of JS---weak, ineffectual, selfish and self centered bad designer that just makes a muck of things---that is not the God of the bible. Good luck with pleading your case before that God. It is only the god of JS who would let you in, ours won't know you, for you do not know Him nor His Son crucified and have not been able to follow His commandments for you have done so without love and without His true Holy Spirit, without which, no one can follow them.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Galatians 3
For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them. 11 But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, for, The just shall live by faith. 12 And the law is not of faith: but, The man that doeth them shall live in them. 13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree: 14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith...

18 For if the inheritance be of the law, it is no more of promise: but God gave it to Abraham by promise.

19 Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator. 20 Now a mediator is not a mediator of one, but God is one. 21 Is the law then against the promises of God? God forbid: for if there had been a law given which could have given life, verily righteousness should have been by the law. 22 But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.

Galatians 5
4 Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace. 5 For we through the Spirit wait for the hope of righteousness by faith. 6 For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision; but faith which worketh by love.

Christan Christmas Advent24 Galatians 4.jpg

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Wrong---the bible disagree with you. They were innocent , sin free, they had no ideas they were naked. Sex has nothing to do with clothing!! They were just getting to know their surrounding, their God, each other. As I said, they didn't even know their names yet. Most people like to get to know each other before having sex--- Mormons don't have to---they just have sex first and get to know each other later?
They were already married:
(Old Testament | Genesis 2:24 - 25)

24 Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.
25 And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed.

You are guessing that they didn't know each other very well, but I am thinking they had known each other for years before they ate of the fruit of the tree of good and evil. The Bible does not say.

Upvote 0