Oct 11, 2010
Louisiana
✟9,906.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
READY!

Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having ont he breastplate of righteousness; And you feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace; Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

I am very thankful that God has given me everything I need to be strong in the Lord and in the power of his might to enable me to stand against the methods of the devil and live a victorious life in whatever may come my way. All I have to do is remember to put it on! ;)

Upvote 0

Jere209

Legend
Jul 24, 2007
Being propped up by His hands
✟40,793.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Cheri, I just updated them. They are on post #1, and I think post #4 will hold the scriptures. I forgot to leave a spot for them..Been awhile!

Nilla, I took your shot to hold your spot there, so just shoot me a pm when you are ready for retake.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SplendidTree

Legend
Aug 8, 2009
✟53,000.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Psalms Chapter 118
28 Thou [art] my God, and I will praise thee: [thou art] my God, I will exalt thee.

29 O give thanks unto the LORD; for [he is] good: for his mercy [endureth] for ever.

I really like all of Psalm 118 to be honest, but narrowed it down. Why does this remind me of autumn? Well, Thanksgiving is coming soon and when I think of fall, I think of Thanksgiving. I am reminded of all I am thankful for through the good times and the bad. Also, sometimes you can just feel something in the air especially between Thanksgiving and Christmas. It is like the Holy Spirit is everywhere. When I was a child, I used to feel something about the holidays and couldn't place my finger on it. Now that I am an adult, still with bunches to learn, I understand it. We have so much to thank the Lord for and not even just on Thanksgiving, but every single day we have.

And yes, I am ready for my photo. :)

Upvote 0

twob4me

Shark bait hoo ha ha
Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2003
Here :)
✟215,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Cheri, I just updated them. They are on post #1, and I think post #4 will hold the scriptures. I forgot to leave a spot for them..Been awhile!

Nilla, I took your shot to hold your spot there, so just shoot me a pm when you are ready for retake.

Got it. :) Thank you :hug:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Nilla

No longer on staff
Apr 8, 2006
Sweden
✟56,683.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
OK my avatar is ready for another shot. =)

Scripture: Psalms 121

1 I lift up my eyes to the mountains—
where does my help come from?
2 My help comes from the LORD,
the Maker of heaven and earth.

3 He will not let your foot slip—
he who watches over you will not slumber;
4 indeed, he who watches over Israel
will neither slumber nor sleep.
5 The LORD watches over you—
the LORD is your shade at your right hand;
6 the sun will not harm you by day,
nor the moon by night. 7 The LORD will keep you from all harm—
he will watch over your life;
8 the LORD will watch over your coming and going
both now and forevermore. (NIV)

What it means to me, it reminds me where to look for strength and that He is with me - always.

Upvote 0

Jere209

Legend
Jul 24, 2007
Being propped up by His hands
✟40,793.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Well I am ready to enter Jere :) Do you want me to post the verses or do you want me to pm it?

The avatar will stay the same for some time...so you can take the pic :)

Go ahead and post the scripture (s) and the way it relates to your character, and what it means to you..♥

Reactions: Philothei
Upvote 0

Philothei

Love never fails
Nov 4, 2006
Northeast, USA
✟68,179.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
1 Corinthians 13
1 If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2 If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. 3 If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10 but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears. 11 When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. 12 For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I chose to place the banner of love as per the scripture selection.

Upvote 0

JPPT1974

May 2024 Spring Fever!
Mar 18, 2004
Small Town, USA
✟569,989.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Matthew 6:33:But seek first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness and all these things shall be added to you.

I am like a missionary in London. As people go out and seek the lost in other places. Like in London. Here it is!

Upvote 0