*Psalm 36:9*
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
✟25,682.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Constitution
Hello Jere~ I'd like to be part of this 'dress-up', if I may. (Ready for a screen shot.)

My scripture is found in Isaiah 58, which talks about the acceptable fast.
I'm focusing on verse 11 in my avatar. It says this:

'And the LORD shall guide thee continually, and satisfy they soul
in drought, and make fat thy bones: and thou shalt be like a watered
garden, and like a spring of water, whose waters fail not.'

To the obvious ( :) ) I've added a little sparrow, that never is out
of God's sight. The servant's belt is to symbolize the love we are to
have for each other, as believers. The waterfall background is chosen
to symbolize the torrent of God's love that creates and nurtures HIS
image in us.

Thank you for such an inspiring contest!

Upvote 0
F

flowerpetals

Hello, Jere :)

This is joyshirley and I'd like to enter with flowerpetals, if that's ok, as my js LA doesn't save at all any more, except to a blank box. :)

The verses I have chosen are Luke 11:9-13:

9 “So I say to you: Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. 10 For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened. 11 “Which of you fathers, if your son asks for a fish, will give him a snake instead? 12 Or if he asks for an egg, will give him a scorpion? 13 If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!”

I chose these verses for this contest, not only because they are very meaningful to me on a personal level, having asked and received so many wonderful answers to prayer from the Lord, but because autumn can signify a slow drift into winter or 'death'. Perhaps there are times when we feel that God is not near to us or He is not hearing our prayers. These verses tell me that that is not so; that I can ask at any time, day or night, and know that my prayers are heard.

The gift of the Holy Spirit to me is so mind-blowing and so wonderful. I could not proceed on my journey with the Lord with any confidence, were it not for the guidance of the Holy Spirit. He enables me and teaches me and as I reach the autumn years of my life, I am very grateful that He has been with me all these years, and that as Jesus promised, I have not been left nor forsaken. I am so grateful for all of these things and to know that despite all my human frailties, the Lord loves me. :)

Upvote 0

Jere209

Legend
Jul 24, 2007
Being propped up by His hands
✟40,793.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Have you taken my new screenshot yet?

Let me know if I've misunderstood this.. have a feeling I might have..lol

Nilla, I got your screenshot..I will post later on..
What do you think you misunderstood? Hope you feel better soon :hug:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.