Jun 10, 2007
chicago
Visit site
✟15,538.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
we are allowed only up to 18 as well unless you have asuper high GPA and you have approval...last semester i know a girl in my french 103 class who was taking 23 credit hours!!!! crazy...

does anyone ever get exited about starting the semester on a fresh foot?? i kno wi do i cant wait!

Upvote 0

arunma

Flaming Calvinist
Apr 29, 2004
✟19,415.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I noticed some a physics major. Do you find that you are able to get any sleep during the semester? :eek:

That would be me. Well...I was a physics major in college, at any rate. Now I'm a graduate student in physics. I'm still trying to figure out if I can rightly call myself a "college student" anymore, since my schedule involves equal parts taking classes and teaching classes or doing research. Anyway, I can count on one hand the number of times I had to stay up late because of my physics classes. Basically if I did my homework on time and made intelligent use of my time during the day, I was OK. But I too have heard stories of physics majors who pulled all nighters every week. I'm guessing that such people must have taken a more aggressive course load than me. That takes dedication!

quantum physics always sounded scary too me...any psysics, sceince or math actually....

Oh, its not that bad. It's even fun sometimes. But I tip my hat to the chemistry people in here. Chemistry is definitely very laborious.

Upvote 0

Fed

Veteran
Dec 24, 2004
CA
✟17,841.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I hate chemistry. Luckily I took my last chem class last year.

I started out planning to do astrophysics, but honestly it doesn't matter what major you do at caltech - unless you work most of the day you'll be going to sleep fairly late. I countered that by sleeping in and missing morning classes.

Upvote 0

smile

Change? Good. This? Bad.
Jul 11, 2003
See that box on the curb? Not too shabby, eh?
✟5,666.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Freshman Comp 1
Federal Gov. (Required)
14something to Civil War History (Required)
Art History Survey 1

Only 12 hours. I haven't been in school in a while, so I'm taking it slow.

Reactions: kittysbecute
Upvote 0

emilina22

Jun 10, 2007
chicago
Visit site
✟15,538.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
i hated chem i took my last one last semester...thank god im no science major...although psych is considered a scence....

im only scared of bio this coming fall...any tips?

i remember my first semester i only had 12 hours i kinda wish i had more....

Upvote 0

arunma

Flaming Calvinist
Apr 29, 2004
✟19,415.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat

Reading each chapter twice would be a good idea. Biology tends to be mostly about memorization. And it's important to understand all the diagrams that they present in the book. So intensive study of the textbook is usually the way to go. A study group wouldn't hurt either.

Upvote 0

canehdianhotstuff

I pour water into acid, I'm crazy like that.
Dec 29, 2003
Pembroke, ON
✟12,820.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Greens
my school only allows us to take a max of 18 credits, with a few exceptions :p and this is my third year of taking a chemistry class...hopefully it's my last one :D
mine are like are chemistry lol...i'd take more hours if i could but there are no more courses offered in a semester for me to take.

Upvote 0

canehdianhotstuff

I pour water into acid, I'm crazy like that.
Dec 29, 2003
Pembroke, ON
✟12,820.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Greens
i hated chem i took my last one last semester...thank god im no science major...although psych is considered a scence....

i remember my first semester i only had 12 hours i kinda wish i had more....
well i had biology and microbiology last year, and biology i didnt really read, i found the book useless, anything we needed to study i found just as easy on the internet lol. Micro however the book was somewhat useful, i did read more chapters than i did for biology. Definetly helps to ask questions in class o things, talk to other people etc.

and chemistry isnt all that labourious. alot of math and memorization...well i almost have the whole periodic table memorized with the atomic weights lol...im a horrible nerd.

Upvote 0

apumic

Feb 27, 2006
✟15,310.00
Faith
Christian
MUS 170 Oratorio Choir (0)
MUS 210 Performance Forum (0)
MUS 485 Commercial Music Internship: Recording Studio (2)
PSYC 362 Research Methods (4)
PSYC 362L Research Methods Lab (0)
PSYC 445 Psychology of Family/Family Systems Counseling (3)
PSYC 455 Behavior Science Practicum I (3)
THEO 496 Sr. Sem: Theology and Social Issues (3)
UBBL 343 General Epistles (3)

Total: 18 units + job, research lab & student leadership position... it'll be a busy senior year!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Neve

Always even
Jul 27, 2006
Corona
✟14,608.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I hate chemistry. Luckily I took my last chem class last year.

I started out planning to do astrophysics, but honestly it doesn't matter what major you do at caltech - unless you work most of the day you'll be going to sleep fairly late. I countered that by sleeping in and missing morning classes.

My friend goes to Caltech, too.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

.Mikha'el.

7x13=28
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
May 22, 2004
British Columbia
✟1,006,797.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
I have:

English 220 Literature in Britain to the 18th Century
English 329 The Structure of Modern English
English 459A Major Authors 20th Century: Yeats
French 122 Contemporary French Language and Literature I
History 466 Canada 18th Century to World War II

Upvote 0