Fake it til you make it!

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,888.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I think like most words or statements they can be taken in a wrong way....or in a way that's fine to use. It depends on what one means.

"Fake it until you make it" ????

Depends on what one means. We do have mental or soulical ways of thinking....wrong thoughts which would tell us we're not genuinely thankful or full of praise to God....and yet we praise God anyway declaring we're thankful. The fact is you really are thankful from your spirit but the natural mind would tell you you're not. You go with the Spirit and the spirit meaning you go with the Spirit of God and also your own spirit. The feelings of actually being thankful might come later as in "until you make it" it just seem like you're faking it. You're really not though.

Upvote 0

Si_monfaith

Let God alone answer through us
Feb 27, 2016
Australia
✟25,925.00
Country
India
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
I think like most words or statements they can be taken in a wrong way....or in a way that's fine to use. It depends on what one means.

"Fake it until you make it" ????

Depends on what one means. We do have mental or soulical ways of thinking....wrong thoughts which would tell us we're not genuinely thankful or full of praise to God....and yet we praise God anyway declaring we're thankful. The fact is you really are thankful from your spirit but the natural mind would tell you you're not. You go with the Spirit and the spirit meaning you go with the Spirit of God and also your own spirit. The feelings of actually being thankful might come later as in "until you make it" it just seem like you're faking it. You're really not though.
we praise God anyway declaring we're thankful
Mathew 21:16: "'Out of the mouths of infants and nursing babies
you have prepared praise for yourself’?”

May I ask you, should I say, "I chose to praise God" or "It was God's choice for me to praise Him"?

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,888.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Mathew 21:16: "'Out of the mouths of infants and nursing babies
you have prepared praise for yourself’?”

May I ask you, should I say, "I chose to praise God" or "It was God's choice for me to praise Him"?
There you go again. Trying to make this a Calvinsitic thread.

• Agree
Reactions: now faith
Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟563,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Sing and praise the Lord God even when you are down.
There is nothing He dosent know about what you may be going through.
By praising Him you are thanking Him in advance , knowing the victory is yours no matter what.
This is a lesson I learned many years ago even before I was WOF. I read some books by Merlin Carothers on the theme "praise the Lord anyways." First in the series was "From Prison to Praise." Of course not all of what he says is WoF comparable... but the general concept is valid. Praise the Lord for all things, in all circumstances, and in every situation. I have always thought that praising God is the most pure form of faith. Thank Him for healing you.... while you still have the symptoms. Thank Him for meeting all your needs... even when the bills are piling up. Thank Him for everything. He is worthy!

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟563,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think 'faking it' is not the best term here. It's more 'Act as if' is the right one. Its a mindset thing based on 'what you think about you bring about'. In other words, if you have belief thoughts of faking... you may only manifest more faking. If however, you have thoughts of 'act as if' then you are having belief thoughts that you have already succeeded and so it will eventually manifest.

As Christians, Why fake it at all? We KNOW it by faith. If you have a clear picture in your renewed mind of your success in God's Word, and are grateful for it as if it were already true; that's faith... then God and His Word will do everything and anything to make sure that it is realized by manifestation. This is clearly (working faith) in the power of OUR words of faith in God's spoken Word for those who speak it and those who hear it.

My response may be more than somewhat confusing but instead of 'faking it' till you make it... how about 'faith it' till you make it... and 'speak it' till we believe it? There is a difference. Just adding my thoughts...

Harry

304311_ff8ab49451ea8ac19264d2598c86b7b8.gif
Thanks Harry. As always your comments are much appreciated and well taken.

Upvote 0

hhodgson

Semper-fi
Site Supporter
Sep 20, 2011
Delphos, Ohio
✟613,432.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Praise the Lord for all things, in all circumstances, and in every situation. I have always thought that praising God is the most pure form of faith. Thank Him for healing you.... while you still have the symptoms. Thank Him for meeting all your needs... even when the bills are piling up. Thank Him for everything. He is worthy!

This is absolutely awesome! Highlighted in blue is where the "believing" action should be in "exceeding abundance" pertaining to the receiving of their healing. IOWs.... Sad to say, that most Christians as they attempt to step out in faith for their healing... whether they are praying thru on their own, or... in a healing line to receive their healing. If the symptoms don't immediately leave when being touched by the anointed minister, many will walk away very sad, confused, and disappointed. They didn't receive their healing. Truth is they were expecting their healing based on their feelings and not by any faith applied.

Also, sometimes... the symptoms will leave right away, and they (jump around) in excitement, along with everybody in the service shouting with joy for them... only, to see the symptoms return as soon as they close the church door heading for their car. Many, many Christians will give up at that moment instead of having a holy boldness and saying, "devil, regardless of these returning symptoms, I believe, I received my healing when I was touched by the man of God, and even though the symptoms have returned... I declare, I am healed... and, I will remain healed in Jesus' name" halleluiah!

My best WOF scripture centers around....

Mark 11:24 "Therefore I say unto you, whatever things you desire, when you pray, believe that you will receive them, and you shall have them."
The short paraphrase version is, "I believe, I receive.... when I pray." I underline "when I pray" simply because many Christians still miss the meaning of this. They will pray, and wait until the symptoms leave, (let's say a week later) then they will say I received my healing. That is so wrong! It's believing you receive (during) the same moment of your prayer.

I pray that all the (viewers) and other seekers who enter in will grab this truth.

Word of Faith.gif

• Winner
Reactions: SavedByGrace3
Upvote 0

Si_monfaith

Let God alone answer through us
Feb 27, 2016
Australia
✟25,925.00
Country
India
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
This is a lesson I learned many years ago even before I was WOF. I read some books by Merlin Carothers on the theme "praise the Lord anyways." First in the series was "From Prison to Praise." Of course not all of what he says is WoF comparable... but the general concept is valid. Praise the Lord for all things, in all circumstances, and in every situation. I have always thought that praising God is the most pure form of faith. Thank Him for healing you.... while you still have the symptoms. Thank Him for meeting all your needs... even when the bills are piling up. Thank Him for everything. He is worthy!

Thank Him for healing you....

Did God plan the healing through His Son's death & resurrection, before He created time OR after He created time?

Upvote 0