Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Faithful Lord
Psalm 145:17 NIV

“The Lord is righteous in all his ways
and faithful in all he does.”

No matter what happens with this election in America, or what chaos may take place as a result of the contested voting system, God is still on the throne. He is still completely sovereign over all things. He has all things under his command. His will for us will be accomplished, no matter what.

No human being can thwart God’s purposes or his divine will. He puts rulers in place, both good and bad ones. The prophecies of Scripture are being fulfilled and they will be fulfilled. So, we need to trust the Lord with the results and focus our attention on what is eternal, not on what is of this earth.

We, as God’s people, also need to put our trust fully in God and not in human beings. The Scriptures warn much against us putting our hope in other humans or in princes (rulers) to save us. God/Jesus is to be our only Savior. Man cannot save us from what is coming.

But our Lord is completely faithful in all that he does. He has had a plan for our lives even before he created the world. And that plan is that we bow down to him and that we worship him, and that we give him our honor and our praise, and that we follow him in obedience. And he promises us life everlasting with him. And we can believe him.

In Truth
Psalm 145:18 NIV

“The Lord is near to all who call on him,
to all who call on him in truth.”

Truth is something that seems to be very scarce these days. Sometimes I wonder if anyone tells the truth anymore. There are so many lies, so many deceptions, so much disinformation, fakery and twisting of truth that it takes much discernment of the Spirit of God to sort through all the lies to get to the truth.

Truth is something that God honors. But he hates lies. I agree with him. He not only hates lies, but he sees right through them, for we can never fool God, even though some people try or think that they can. Some people may be able to fool other people, but God knows the difference. No one can get away with lying to God.

If we want to be in relationship with God – Father, Son (Jesus Christ), and Holy Spirit – then we need to call on him in truth. We must repent of our sins, turn from them, and turn to the Lord to follow him in obedience to his will and to his ways. Fakery will not fly with him!

We must be those who follow what the Scriptures teach us, and we must not be man followers who dilute the gospel to make it more appealing to human flesh. Jesus said to come after him we must deny self and die daily to sin and follow (obey) him. If we don’t, we don’t have eternal life with him (Lu 9:23-26; cf. Rom 8:1-17; 1 Jn 1:5-9).

Fear Him
Psalm 145:19 NIV

“He fulfills the desires of those who fear him;
he hears their cry and saves them.”

To fear God is to honor him as the Holy God that he is. It is to respect, revere and obey him. It is to do what he says and to not ignore him, and it is to not go our own way. And it is to worship him by giving our lives to him as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to him (Rom 12:1-2).

He fulfills our desires, because then our desires are his desires, not the desires of the flesh. We want to be rescued from slavery to sin. We don’t want to savor the sin. We don’t want to live in it any longer. Our desire is to walk in freedom and in holiness and in God’s righteousness.

We want to please our Lord in all that we do because we love him, and we are so thankful for his love and grace to us. We aren’t trying to earn our own salvation, but we are walking in the salvation that our Lord provided for us when he took our sins upon himself and he put them to death on that cross.

Love Him
Psalm 145:20 NIV

“The Lord watches over all who love him,
but all the wicked he will destroy.”

To love our Lord is to obey him. If we don’t obey him, as a matter of practice, then we don’t love him. And we don’t know him (1 Jn 2:3-6).

To love him is to choose his choices. It is to do his will. It is to be not only hearers of the word, but it is to be doers of the word, who put the word of God into practice in our daily lives. It is to live in him and him in us, and it is to abide in his word and to have his word abide in us (Jn 15:1-11).

If we are not loving the Lord, because we are not willing to obey him and to abide in him and to have his word abide in us, then we can’t claim any promises of Scripture with regard to those who love him or regarding those who know him. So, we must always read the promises of Scripture in context to see who they apply to.

By contrasting those who love the Lord with those who are wicked, this is showing that to love God is to not live in wickedness, to not make sin our practice. For those who make sin their practice, who are walking according to the flesh, and not according to the Spirit, they will die in their sins. They will not have eternal life with God (Gal 5:16-21; Eph 5:3-6; Gal 6:7-8).

But to us who are walking according to the Spirit and not according to the flesh, who are loving God, who are obeying him, and who are putting the deeds of the flesh to death, we have eternal life with God. We are saved from our sins. The Lord is watching over us (Rom 6:1-23; Rom 8:1-17; Eph 4:17-24; 1 Jn 1:5-9; Lu 9:23-26).

Jesus, Be Near to Me

Words and music by Tommy Walker

Jesus, be near to me
Let me know You are here
How I need You, how I need You
To reveal Yourself to me

Through Your unchanging truth
Through the breath of Your Spirit
In my questions and pain
Whisper words of Your love
Always the same…

*Caution: This link may contain ads

Christsfreeservant

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 10, 2006
Rock Hill, SC
Visit site
✟1,358,390.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
.....and what a beautiful song.
Thank you for sharing.

Jesus be near to me.
You are welcome. Praise the Lord! Yes, a beautiful song with a beautiful message.

Upvote 0