Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Constitution
While my faith is strong. A member of support group on Facebook, has mentioned how. Her faith was strong for 19yrs., then it waned. I am trying to help bring her back. Any assistance in this would be greatly appreciated, TIA

Focusing on the hope …. (The return of Christ) will keep you immune from the negative things going on the the world which have a tendency to slowly defeat you and drain you….

My question ….What is it, or rather what was it that kept you or her excited or motivated before.

For me it has always been two things. ….for you it may be different…but both of these things work for any believer.

First is witnessing the Word of God …. I don’t know of any greater joy than speaking to someone about the Word ….even if they don’t believe immediately you have planted a seed, and it is still the epitome of joy.

The second thing is seeing God work in my life, both with blessing and miracles. The blessing should be everyday things ...possibly the little things that typically go unnoticed. And ….the other blessings are those that we believe from Gods written Word (the promises) or from what He tells us. Written or spoken ....it doesn't matter, action (trust) is required in either situation

We all have needs, whatever they might be. And triggering God’s promises of meeting those needs is to literally walk (act) as though we have already received it …. That is the faith (believing).

You pray (let God know your need) you thank God for suppling that need and you act …go through the actions … as though it is done, because it has been done. Faith or believing is simply trust in what God says.

Jas 2:26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith (believing) without works (action) is dead also.

Upvote 0

Christopher Range

Oct 5, 2022
Pittsboro
✟21,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
Focusing on the hope …. (The return of Christ) will keep you immune from the negative things going on the the world which have a tendency to slowly defeat you and drain you….

My question ….What is it, or rather what was it that kept you or her excited or motivated before.

For me it has always been two things. ….for you it may be different…but both of these things work for any believer.

First is witnessing the Word of God …. I don’t know of any greater joy than speaking to someone about the Word ….even if they don’t believe immediately you have planted a seed, and it is still the epitome of joy.

The second thing is seeing God work in my life, both with blessing and miracles. The blessing should be everyday things ...possibly the little things that typically go unnoticed. And ….the other blessings are those that we believe from Gods written Word (the promises) or from what He tells us. Written or spoken ....it doesn't matter, action (trust) is required in either situation

We all have needs, whatever they might be. And triggering God’s promises of meeting those needs is to literally walk (act) as though we have already received it …. That is the faith (believing).

You pray (let God know your need) you thank God for suppling that need and you act …go through the actions … as though it is done, because it has been done. Faith or believing is simply trust in what God says.

Jas 2:26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith (believing) without works (action) is dead also.
It isn't me, it is her. She was devout for 19yrs.. Then something caused her to fall away, and start looking at God as if he(and all religions) is man made. Now she is in 'religious ambiguity'.

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
start looking at God as if he(and all religions) is man made.

May I suggest two things.
That she be encouraged to continue to attend church weekly, as well as to read and pray about the bible.

Second that she be encouraged to investigate the historical facts of Christianity.
If Jesus is an invention how does she explain the resurrection?
Lee Stobel's book The Case for Christ, looks at the evidence in a simple, readable format.
Web site, wintery Knight has plenty of scientific arguments why belief in God is more rational than atheism, as well as lots of debates about is there a God, did the resurrection happen etc.

Challenge her belief that religion is man made, get her to state her evidence for her beliefs.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟910,326.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
While my faith is strong. A member of support group on Facebook, has mentioned how. Her faith was strong for 19yrs., then it waned. I am trying to help bring her back. Any assistance in this would be greatly appreciated, TIA
It really depends on why. There are a lot of false teachers and doctrines that keep Christian's from aligning with their first love, Jesus Christ of Nazareth. Tell her to go back to Him. Blessings.

Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟379,827.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
We need to surround ourselves with fellow believers and allow God to work through us.

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The only way to be strong in the faith is by what He said. Faith comes by hearing hearing by the word of God. Remember when Christ prayed to the Father for the promise for all those waiting. All those waiting were saved yet waited for the promise and filled with the sweet sweet holy Spirit. Luke 11:13 if He said It I do it... yeah what He said. Nothing else to add. Only what is written not what I believe.

So I find praying in the spirit really helps. Then praying in the spirit listening to worship music praising singing to my Father my God my friend my best friend my savior there comes ever time a point where He the spirit takes over and I never want to stop.

Praying for her always helps I will be praying. Theres no wondering here. Know don't doubt. He hears us and He cares far more then we ever can. He will open a door a window put someone (already started with you) across her path. Know He hears you. Remember also where the battle is take authority that was given to us over the enemy and the lies or what ever it is. If it was fear we would say God has not given us the spirit of fear but of power and love and a sound mind. We would then pray for the peace of God"Do not be anxious about anything. Instead, in every situation with prayer and petition with thanksgiving, tell your requests to God. And the peace that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus".

God about to judge wanted just one from among them to build a wall to stand in the gap so He would not have to judge yet found none. So many times we fall and its so hard to get up. So stand in the gap for her in JESUS name. Remember also greater is HE that is in YOU then he thats in the world and all things not some but all things are possible to them that believe. FAITH moves God. Satan can only lie and doubt. Ooh haha made my self really happy.. blessed my self.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟917,230.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
It isn't me, it is her. She was devout for 19yrs.. Then something caused her to fall away, and start looking at God as if he(and all religions) is man made. Now she is in 'religious ambiguity'.
Sometimes a Christian book will wake people up...

Try this one -- it is very easy to read... very short chapters

Story of Redemption

Upvote 0