Jun_Canada

Nov 12, 2003
✟330.00
Faith
Christian
Im having some trouble in this area. Right now in my life, im having A LOT going on at the same time. One area where I am having a BIG difficulty is just with school and having time to read the Bible and go to church. I go to church practically every week but its just recently that ive been really busy with school work.(Gr 12) U know how it is. Independent Study Projects, tests, quizzes, labs to do etc. Im not a genius or anything so it takes me a while to get everything done. And its hard to just find time to read the Bible. What do I do in this situation. Like, right now in school is the MOST important year of my high school years cause its gonna be my last (I hope :p) before I go to University. Haha thats if I get in. So lots of stress and everything. So its like if I dont study and do all my work, its gonna make me feel like im not gonna get in University or I wont get a good mark in my classes. And I know a lot of people just say "have faith"....but I dunno, its hard, REAL hard.....what do I do????
Hope you guys can pray for me!
God Bless!!!

pentecostal girl

Nov 19, 2003
Oklahoma
Visit site
✟817.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Jun_Canada,
First of all take deep breath, you sound really stressed out! This is my last year in high school too, I know how you feel. Recite the 10 finger prayer with me-

"I can do all things through christ who strengthens me."
Jesus understands what your going through, just chill out!!:cool:
God Bless:prayer:

Upvote 0

sparrow1029

beauty for ashes
Nov 8, 2003
Where I'm suppose to be
Visit site
✟549.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Ahhh, stress. I feel for you, Jun_Canada. I'm in my first year of grad school, and the workload is intense. Especially right now, so close to finals. I found that setting aside time each day/week for Bible study, or prayer, etc. works for me. My time is in the evening, just before I go to bed, because that works well with my schedule. A good time for you might be different. Also, tailor the length of time to your personality. If you have a short attention span (I do), don't allot an hour when you start out. Maybe just start with 10 minutes, and once you get used to that, work your way up to 15, 20, 25, etc. Whatever time you pick, make it a priority. Even though school is important, your relationship with God is even more so. Don't slack off with school, but give God a portion of your time, too. I think you'll find that, even if you have tons of work to do, if you still take that time out for God, He'll bless your other activities--and in the long run you'll feel less stressed. At least, thats what He has done in my life, and in the lives of other people I know.

Upvote 0

Hands&Feet

Sep 27, 2003
USA
✟851.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
I know that it is difficult to see this right now, but you will find out down the road that the perseverence, self-discipline, and determination are invaluable attributes which God is teaching you through your diligent studies. It is at times like these that you can learn to pray without ceasing. Allow God to be an integral part of ALL of your daily schedule. It is true that we should try to set some quiet time alone with Him, but don't forget that He is with you in all that you do.

Just being caring and compassionate to your classmates can revolutionize your intimacy with Jesus.

My oldest son graduated from college this year and my youngest is in his 2nd year and I know just what you are saying about hard work and little time. My boys often call and lament about the hard work. But, it is paying huge dividends for them. They have become so much more responsible and grateful than they have ever been. I sometimes think these attributes are more important for their survival in todays world than are their academics.

You have revealed your heart for God and I can assure you that He isn't going anywhere. He knows what you are up against and it's not going to get any easier when you go off to college. That is why it is essential that you make Him a part of your whole day and not just your quiet time. Him will make all of your time quiet time if you bring Him along with you.
God Bless :)

Upvote 0

wvmtnkid

Order of the Candle
May 29, 2002
West Virginia
Visit site
✟10,466.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Great suggestions and advice so far! :clap: I also have a short attention span, and I started doing something this year that I have really enjoyed. I bought a One Year Book of Psalms and I use that as my devotion in the morning while I dry my hair! It usually takes about 10-15 minutes and I have found that it helps me get myself grounded and started in the Word of God each morning. I don't know if that would work for you, just wanted to share something that I do. I don't think there is any set formula of when and how, just as long as you do! :)

Upvote 0