✟263,215.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Ephesians 4:24a (NASB20)
and to put on the new self,…………………………………..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We are called to put on the change, but this is where many well meaning believers get stuck and can’t find the way forward…. Thinking that self needs to put on the new self, so the effort is made, and the effort again, and again, and again till one either gives in and says it’s an impossibility or one pushes through the frustration, lays down before God and says, ‘I can’t do it, yet it must be done’…. It is here in this state of heart God opens the mystery of Christ’s salvation to one’s innermost being…. For it is true, one can not, it is also just as true, that it must be done if one would have all God has for one…. For this is the question each heart has to answer for itself, is one willing to give up all of oneself for the life of God, or stubbornly insist that God does things their way…. For it is the life that comes through faith in Christ Jesus which is the life that one is in need of…..

For Christ’s life is to be had at a moments notice once the life of self is laid down… This being the exact same way for all believers, once the life of self is laid down, all that is left is a grabbing onto Him by faith, little is it seen or known, till by experience this faith brings forth its fruit, then Christ’s life is the limit, the heart rejoices in the truth of, all things come from the God of love to the heart that reaches out to Him in faith….

For as little or as much as one knows of scripture, the heart knows its own language before God, it is in this language that faith speaks, the faith that touches the life of God….

Be blessed in the faith that touches the life of God….

A fellow follower, Not me

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟336,289.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Rom 13:12 clothe yourself with the Lord Jesus Christ Gal 5:17 you are not to do whatever you want Eph 4:24 Being renewed in the spirit of your mind, having put on the new man.

We receive mercy when we go to the throne of grace to find help in time of need. We are constantly in need of help. Keeping the mind on Christ protects from the battering that the world is always throwing at us and we do to ourselves. We are our own worst enemies. But as we keep focused on Him healing does come, from glory to glory the mirror becomes clearer. A lifetime of learning.

Reactions: Not me
Upvote 0

Not me

Righteousness is right and not me.
Feb 26, 2018
California
✟263,215.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Rom 13:12 clothe yourself with the Lord Jesus Christ Gal 5:17 you are not to do whatever you want Eph 4:24 Being renewed in the spirit of your mind, having put on the new man.

We receive mercy when we go to the throne of grace to find help in time of need. We are constantly in need of help. Keeping the mind on Christ protects from the battering that the world is always throwing at us and we do to ourselves. We are our own worst enemies. But as we keep focused on Him healing does come, from glory to glory the mirror becomes clearer. A lifetime of learning.
Hello and blessings, I see some real experience with Christ in your post… May we all be blessed as we work out our own salvation….

Unto Him be our all, a fellow believer, Not me

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟336,289.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hello and blessings, I see some real experience with Christ in your post… May we all be blessed as we work out our own salvation….

Unto Him be our all, a fellow believer, Not me
I struggle to keep my speech seasoned with salt as is necessary to be an effective witness for Him Col 4:6 so I have much experience. I want to honor the Lord always but it's not a serpent I would choose to get closer to Him. It's very painful and keeps me on a very tight rein. I think that is where the cleansing comes in for me. Working out our own salvation, bless you in yours too. Thank you.

Reactions: Not me
Upvote 0

Not me

Righteousness is right and not me.
Feb 26, 2018
California
✟263,215.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I struggle to keep my speech seasoned with salt as is necessary to be an effective witness for Him Col 4:6 so I have much experience. I want to honor the Lord always but it's not a serpent I would choose to get closer to Him. It's very painful and keeps me on a very tight rein. I think that is where the cleansing comes in for me. Working out our own salvation, bless you in yours too. Thank you.
As we pursue Him in all things, are we blessed, be blessed, Not me

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums