Faith in humanity

sandwiches

Mas sabe el diablo por viejo que por diablo.
Jun 16, 2009
Dallas, Texas
✟22,030.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
They won't quiz you, yet they somehow know you are an atheist with no plans to reconvert?

Hmmm -- you must write editorials for the local paper then or something?

Nah. You're just talking out of your hat, AV. Refrain from talking when you're ignorant on a subject, chief.

Upvote 0

sandwiches

Jun 16, 2009
Dallas, Texas
✟22,030.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I think your post touches on a point I want to make. I have faith in people, but not in humanity. When it comes to individuals, people with faces and names, both those who need help and those who would give help, I have found that more are good than otherwise. That people will help other people.

But when it comes to that huge faceless mass called humanity we are viscous bastards with little regard for the rest of humanity.

I have faith in people as a whole. We've done pretty well despite all the idiocy, ignorance, prejudice, hatred, etc. We'll be fine unless we use up our resources first.

Upvote 0

sandwiches

Jun 16, 2009
Dallas, Texas
✟22,030.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I live in Texas as well, and no one quizzes me about my religious beliefs. But people do vote for creationists on the School Board and any number of encroachments on the separation of church and state.

Agreed but we know that despite the dying throes of religiousity in America, reason will prevail. It has to because it's the only way that we've produced testably positive results. It is inevitable.

Upvote 0

sandwiches

Jun 16, 2009
Dallas, Texas
✟22,030.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I dont get asked much about my religion either, people just assume Im not christian.

I did have a client recently who despite me not telling him that I'm atheist, he dropped off a brand new DVD called "The Age of the Earth" by Dr. Dino himself. I think I might watch it just for funzies.

Upvote 0