• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

Fact Sheets on Unlawful Militias for All 50 States Now Available from Georgetown Law’s Institute

Discussion in 'News & Current Events (Articles Required)' started by Triumvirate, Oct 22, 2020.

1. Triumvirate

Triumvirate Well-Known Member

+950
    United Kingdom
    Atheist
    Private
    Fact Sheets on Unlawful Militias for All 50 States Now Available from Georgetown Law’s Institute for Constitutional Advocacy and Protection

Spread this far and wide, if you care about the future of democracy in the US.

In short, there is no legal justification in any part of the US for some self-appointed election monitor / militia to show up armed to "keep an eye" on how polling is being conducted. Call the police, cite the relevant laws for your state, and have them removed. If the police do not apply the law, go up the chain.

Wishing you all the best for a few weeks' time.

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. JackRT

JackRT Well-Known Member Supporter

+15,987
    Canada
    Unorthodox
    Married
    I am convinced that there will be confrontations and I pray that none of them devolve into violence. I also hope that the President puts out a call for the militias (armed thugs) to "stand down and go home". I am not hopeful.

3. Triumvirate

Triumvirate Well-Known Member

+950
    United Kingdom
    Atheist
    Private
    Given that he last told them to stand by, doubtful. Hence the need for people to know precisely what laws may be violated.

4. MIDutch

MIDutch Well-Known Member

+2,121
    United States
    Agnostic
    Married
    Given that there are a lot of conservatives who are already barking that the election is "rigged" to "steal" the presidency away from trump, I can imagine that a call to "armed resistence" will be seen as a "patriotic duty".

5. cow451

cow451 The Most Interesting Poster in the Forum Supporter

+17,054
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Others
    Can you imagine the panic if Islamic or Black groups we’re doing the militia gun nut thing?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. Speedwell

Speedwell Well-Known Member

+15,101
    United States
    Other Religion
    Married
    I can remember that some people were pretty disturbed by a large, well organized group of armed black men parading at Stone Mountain.

7. MIDutch

MIDutch Well-Known Member

+2,121
    United States
    Agnostic
    Married
    I imagine certain right wing conservatives would build an entire political fear mongering campaign about the invasion and destruction of the suburbs by blacks and muslims in order to get re-elected.

Oh, wait ...

8. JackRT

JackRT Well-Known Member Supporter

+15,987
    Canada
    Unorthodox
    Married
    Does anyone recall four years ago when DJT was claiming the election was rigged and was publically hinting that his supporters would take to the streets if he lost. Well, he won and now we are seeing replays of the same old smear tactics but with different names.