• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

Facebook Membership.

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Johnboy53, Nov 19, 2020 at 7:02 PM.

1. Bob Carabbio

Bob Carabbio Old guy -

+531
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    US-Others
    I've used it for YEARS. Never a problem.

2. Michael Collum

Michael Collum Everything began with a voice, use yours Supporter

+4,651
    Canada
    Christian Seeker
    Married
    Stopped using that a while ago.

3. Kenny'sID

Kenny'sID Well-Known Member Supporter

+6,368
    Christian
    Single
    I use it out of a particular necessity, but I don't like it, and would never have signed up if it weren't for that necessity.

I rarely visit the page.

4. JosephZ

JosephZ Well-Known Member

+999
    Philippines
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Others
    As a missionary I find Facebook to be an invaluable tool for connecting with people, keeping them up to date, and getting them involved and engaged with the ministry. It's also an excellent instrument to use for connecting with, and sharing information with, others in ministry.

5. NerdGirl

NerdGirl The untamed daughter

+2,306
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    What did I say that was creepy?

6. NerdGirl

+2,306
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    This is what I've done. I don't share any photos of myself or my family. I don't post anything personal. My profile is completely private, so only "friends" can view it, and there's very little to see as it is. I think the last thing I shared with everyone (and my group of "friends" is tiny, just immediate family and a few friends) was a photo from my hike last weekend.

7. Michie

Michie Human rights begin in the womb. Supporter

+35,600
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    Not you. I find the whole FB layout creepy and people willingly exposing themselves on the platform. I’m very introverted myself and do not want invasive contacts from people I never kept in contact with. Supposedly private or not, I do not trust the platform and more so now.

8. NerdGirl

+2,306
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    Nobody can contact me or see my profile or posts unless I've "friended" them. I get friend requests all the time from vague, distant, or old acquaintances that I have no wish to reconnect with. I just deny them. While I think FB overall is quite corrupt and absolutely politically biased, I don't worry about random stalkers or creepers accessing my information.

9. Michie

Michie Human rights begin in the womb. Supporter

+35,600
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    I do! Lol

10. NerdGirl

+2,306
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    I understand :)

11. seeking.IAM

seeking.IAM Episcopalian Supporter

+2,788
    United States
    Anglican
    Married
    I've used Facebook for years and find it useful to stay in touch with distant family and friends. The platform is as good as what you put into it or keep out of it. You can reveal much or little about yourself. You can use it as a bully pulpit espousing your political views or you can just use it to see how Aunt Bessie's flower garden is doing in Idaho. I have bigger problems with FB users than its platform. But "Unfollow" and "Unfriend" take care of that quite easily.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  12. NerdGirl

+2,306
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    Good ol' Aunt Bessie!

13. RayJeena

RayJeena ☯ Ego ad Eum pertinent ☯ Supporter

+3,424
    United States
    Unorthodox
    Single
    I like Facebook, though the recent change in layout has been annoying. Facebook Purity and Social Fixer, two addons that allow you to customize Facebook, have been struggling to continue making it possible for people to switch back to the old Facebook layout, but Facebook has been actively attempting to thwart those addons. This in and of itself is annoying; why should Facebook care if not all its users want the new layout? As long as they're using it, you’d think Facebook would be happy. There has been an exodus from Facebook to another, similar platform called MeWe, which doesn't have the algorithms messing with your newsfeed (things display chronologically rather than according to whatever Facebook thinks you want to see at any given time) and values privacy a bit more (or so they say).

14. PrayerWarrior20

PrayerWarrior20 Just your average man who has great abilities. Angels Team Supporter

+734
    United States
    Reformed
    In Relationship
    US-Democrat
    Honestly,
    Facebook irritates me. I may close my account permanently due to reasons of getting alerts at all times of the day. Many of those alerts are from people/places I never once liked or subscribed too. I only have Facebook to keep up with my old man and my uncle, but they call me more now due to the pandemic. So I may close it. I just worry if I close it how my family can get a hold of me.