• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

F.B.I. Opened Inquiry Into Whether Trump Was Secretly Working on Behalf of Russia

Discussion in 'American Politics' started by KCfromNC, Jan 12, 2019.

1. KCfromNC

KCfromNC Regular Member

+5,485
    Atheist
    Private
    F.B.I. Opened Inquiry Into Whether Trump Was Secretly Working on Behalf of Russia

In the days after President Trump fired James B. Comey as F.B.I. director, law enforcement officials became so concerned by the president’s behavior that they began investigating whether he had been working on behalf of Russia against American interests

The special counsel, Robert S. Mueller III, took over the inquiry into Mr. Trump when he was appointed, days after F.B.I. officials opened it. That inquiry is part of Mr. Mueller’s broader examination of how Russian operatives interfered in the 2016 election and whether any Trump associates conspired with them.

• Informative Informative x 5
    • List
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. EpiscipalMe

EpiscipalMe Well-Known Member Supporter

+1,279
    United States
    Episcopalian
    Married
    Cries of "witch hunt" and the "corrupt FBI" and "deep state" coming in ...

3 ...

2 ...

1 ...

3. cow451

cow451 Individual-2 Supporter

+10,530
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Others
    Reasonable concern given Trump’s blatant attempts to obstruct.

4. NothingIsImpossible

NothingIsImpossible Well-Known Member

+2,571
    Christian
    Married
    They have yet to find anything in every attempt possible. Not saying he's not guilty, just saying they seem to look for any reason to investigate him and always end up with their foot in their mouth.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  5. Speedwell

Speedwell Well-Known Member

+6,961
    United States
    Other Religion
    Married
    He may well not be guilty, but he certainly acts guilty. With all that smoke, the FBI would be remiss in their duties not to see if there was some fire.

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  6. EpiscipalMe

EpiscipalMe Well-Known Member Supporter

+1,279
    United States
    Episcopalian
    Married
    I was not aware that any reports had been made public. Do you have inside information?

I agree with @Speedwell well - he may not be guilty. But it is disingenuous to say “They have yet to find anything in every attempt possible” when the report hasn’t come out.

And, you are right, there are no direct evidence against Trump himself has come out yet, but there are numerous indictments, guilty pleas, and guilty verdicts by/against people close to him and his campaign as well as Russian nationals.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  7. Goonie

Goonie Not so Mystic Mog. Supporter

+5,632
    United Kingdom
    Atheist
    Single
    On collusion, possibly not. I wonder whether Donald will be found out in regard to his financial dealings, and obstruction.

8. iluvatar5150

iluvatar5150 Newbie

+7,838
    Other Religion
    His campaign manager was handing internal polling data over to Ukranian business partners; his lawyer was exploring business opportunities in Moscow on his behalf; and his son and son-in-law were looking for opposition research from Russian operatives. We don’t have “fire” yet but there’s a heck of a lot of smoke.

9. cow451

+10,530
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Others
    This investigation was early during the love fest between Trump and Putin.

10. doubtingmerle

doubtingmerle I'll think about it. Supporter

+1,832
    Humanist
    Who would have thunk it? A man suspected by the FBI of being a Russian agent is in the oval office, and conservatives look the other way as though none of this matters.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  11. Kenny'sID

Kenny'sID Well-Known Member Supporter

+4,436
    Christian
    Single
    It seems like some would put 2 and 2 together and eventually realize it might just be a mass issue of Spoiledsportism.

12. inquiring mind

inquiring mind associate with those you can learn from Supporter Angels Team CF Ambassadors

+2,530
    Baptist
    Married
    I can’t imagine why anyone would think Putin would sit on this information if it was true. A chance to bring America low... there is no deal that would prevent that.

13. archer75

archer75 Well-Known Member Supporter

+2,722
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    Hab
    Having DT in office brings us way lower than any single scandal.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  14. Belk

Belk Senior Member

+5,729
    Agnostic
    Married
    Really? I can imagine several plausible reasons Putin would keep quiet about having a US president under his thumb.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  15. camille70

camille70 Newbie Supporter

+2,402
    Christian
    Single
    US-Others
    There is no evidence that the public has seen. I doubt seriously they would do an actual investigation on a hunch. The reporting I've seen is that they would have had to have evidence and that the FBI wouldn't have been able to do it on their own without the DOJ signing off on it as well.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  16. cow451

+10,530
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Others
    People with poor math skills might do that.

17. camille70

camille70 Newbie Supporter

+2,402
    Christian
    Single
    US-Others
    Trump still has use. Right now they are trying to get sanctions removed. Every lie they have told, from Flynn to the Trump Tower meeting on has revolved around getting rid of sanctions. He will blow up Trumps situation sooner or later, right now he is trying to get benefits still.

18. Speedwell

+6,961
    United States
    Other Religion
    Married
    So whether there is any fire or not, the smoke is fake?

19. Kenny'sID

Kenny'sID Well-Known Member Supporter

+4,436
    Christian
    Single
    No, that's your conclusion.

20. Speedwell

+6,961
    United States
    Other Religion
    Married
    I'll tell you what, in my opinion Trump's pusillanimous public performance in Helsinki was sufficient grounds for impeachment all by itself. There, the fire was all out in the open for all to see.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List