F.B.I. Opened Inquiry Into Whether Trump Was Secretly Working on Behalf of Russia

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟652,119.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Are you the entirety of the federal government? If not then I fail to see how your personal anecdotes refute the government being shut down and that it is causing chaos.

I never claimed to be even a part of the federal government. What I did tell you is what I see when I go out an observe the world. If you go out and see chaos, then I feel for you.

Upvote 0

Kentonio

Jan 25, 2018
Lyon
✟266,564.00
Country
France
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I can’t imagine why anyone would think Putin would sit on this information if it was true. A chance to bring America low... there is no deal that would prevent that.

I can think of a very, very good reason. If Putin ever admitted that he had a US president under his control, then the response from America would be terrifying. The next president would be someone who campaigned on vigorous opposition to Russia, and his or her administration would do everything in their power to stymie the Russian state and gain some form of vengeance.

I’ve long thought Putin has been overplaying his hand with Trump and Brexit. It’s going to be hard for him to avoid serious consequences as it is. He’s hardly likely to invite them.

• Agree
Reactions: AllButNone
Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Saddam Hussein's army planted explosives on those wells to intentionally blow them up.

That's my point. Bombs, explosives, artillery... they can all destroy oil wells.

After they were repaired, they became the property of the Iraqi people, and then were taken over by ISIS, and then went back to the Iraqis again.

Huh? They are in Kuwait.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Maybe he remembers how embarrassing it was for a certain someone else to reveal things he says to the Russians:

It's hilarious how this bit of whataboutism keeps being trotted out, but apparently there was nothing insidious that happened in the next four yeas. It's almost as if those who post it think that one sentence is more meaningful than the actual history between late 2011 and January 2019.

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟907,595.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
I never claimed to be even a part of the federal government. What I did tell you is what I see when I go out an observe the world. If you go out and see chaos, then I feel for you.

Is this really the best you can come up with? When you ask why Russia might like having a president under their thumb and I point out the current events that would play directly into their hands you respond with irrelevant anecdotes of how your day to day life is not chaotic?

Upvote 0

camille70

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2007
Ohio
Visit site
✟605,594.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Our "democracy" is no different than it was. The division you're seeing was going on even during the 8 years prior to Trump's presidency.

When an alliance strongly favors the other country, it weakens America. There's nothing wrong with him trying to put things into more of a balance as far as trade goes.

You're talking quite a bit about "influence" that we have in other places. Other presidents were criticized for projecting too much of our power and wealth abroad when we have problems here at home that weren't being addressed. It's time to start taking care of those issues instead of focusing so much of our strengths elsewhere.

If he did remove those sanctions, you'd have condemned him for it. Since he didn't, you find another way to condemn him for the same thing. This pretty reveals your bias on your first 3 points.

It's not from a lack of trying. The treasury is trying to ease sanctions on Oleg Deripaska now. That is why Mulvaney met with congress this past week. Supposedly he doesn't own as much as the company as he used to, but I don't buy it.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Maybe he remembers how embarrassing it was for a certain someone else to reveal things he says to the Russians:
Yeah, but what about Obama?

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,119.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
That's my point. Bombs, explosives, artillery... they can all destroy oil wells.

But those other things can destroy just about anything else as well if it's done intentionally like the oil wells in Kuwait were.

Huh? They are in Kuwait.

Good point. I forgot about that.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,119.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
It's hilarious how this bit of whataboutism keeps being trotted out, but apparently there was nothing insidious that happened in the next four yeas. It's almost as if those who post it think that one sentence is more meaningful than the actual history between late 2011 and January 2019.

I love how you like to use the "whataboutism" defense whenever the hypocrisy of the Left is pointed out. It's just another way of saying, "We don't care that the people we supported have done the same thing we complain about now! We just want to find fault with Trump!"

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,119.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Is this really the best you can come up with? When you ask why Russia might like having a president under their thumb and I point out the current events that would play directly into their hands you respond with irrelevant anecdotes of how your day to day life is not chaotic?

You're the one who claims that our country is in chaos.

You mean other then the worlds dominant super power having it's government shut down and in chaos?

And then you try to tie Russia to the idea that we're in chaos. However, in a poll that was shown on TV this morning, only 18% of respondents claim that the shutdown has inconvenienced them. That hardly sounds like the country is in chaos. Trump, GOP blamed for shutdown; no crisis seen but fewer oppose wall (POLL)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,722.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
And then you try to tie Russia to the idea that we're in chaos.

Unless you're saying the poster you're responding to is part of the FBI investigation into Trump's relationship to Russia mentioned in the OP, this seems like missing the point. Intentionally or not, I'm not qualified to say.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,119.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Unless you're saying the poster you're responding to is part of the FBI investigation into Trump's relationship to Russia mentioned in the OP, this seems like missing the point. Intentionally or not, I'm not qualified to say.

Ha! I'm not the one who insinuated that I have to be the "entirety of the federal government" to notice whether or not the country is in chaos.

Are you the entirety of the federal government? If not then I fail to see how your personal anecdotes refute the government being shut down and that it is causing chaos.

Perhaps you recognize the idea of having a discussion?

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,119.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I recognize the idea of staying on topic.

I'll let Belk know then. The idea of America being in chaos is clearly off-topic.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟907,595.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
You're the one who claims that our country is in chaos.

No, I'm the one who claimed the government is in chaos from the shutdown and that is something beneficial to Russia.

And then you try to tie Russia to the idea that we're in chaos. However, in a poll that was shown on TV this morning, only 18% of respondents claim that the shutdown has inconvenienced them. That hardly sounds like the country is in chaos. Trump, GOP blamed for shutdown; no crisis seen but fewer oppose wall (POLL)

What does this have to do with the concept of Putin benefiting from a president under his thumb?

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,119.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
No, I'm the one who claimed the government is in chaos from the shutdown and that is something beneficial to Russia.

18% of people claiming to be "inconvenienced" hardly sounds like a country in chaos.

What does this have to do with the concept of Putin benefiting from a president under his thumb?

Just because something that you're labeling as "chaos" may be beneficial to Russia (which is questionable), it has nothing to do with being able to connect Russia to the shutdown, or connecting Trump to some idea that he is secretly working for Russia, which is about as credible as any other story you'll find on the cover of the National Inquirer. It sounds more like absolute desperation from the democrats, just as when they started accusing Kavanaugh of being part of a rape train. Total desperation. Next, be on the lookout for an article claiming that Trump is an alien visitor and his UFO is being stashed in the White House basement.

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟907,595.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
18% of people claiming to be "inconvenienced" hardly sounds like a country in chaos.

Do you not understand the difference between government and country?

Just because something that you're labeling as "chaos" may be beneficial to Russia (which is questionable), it has nothing to do with being able to connect Russia to the shutdown, or connecting Trump to some idea that he is secretly working for Russia, which is about as credible as any other story you'll find on the cover of the National Inquirer. It sounds more like absolute desperation from the democrats, just as when they started accusing Kavanaugh of being part of a rape train. Total desperation. Next, be on the lookout for an article claiming that Trump is an alien visitor and his UFO is being stashed in the White House basement.

You are correct. It has nothing to do with connecting Trump to Russia which is why no one made that claim. The entirety of the claim was "Is there a valid reason why Russia would not immediately out president Trump?" That is it in its entirety. Do you disagree that Russia would like to have leverage on a US president?

Upvote 0