Apr 17, 2004
north cali
Visit site
✟8,873.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Republican
:scratch: hhm, i dont see exactly why they're so popular. Now I dont want to start an extol bashing thread here. I respect them as musicians and such. Im just honestly asking you extol fans to tell me why they're so awsome. or at least why they're so popular.

Ive only heard one song from synergy(wich was mediocre) and one song from there upcoming album(wich was terrible).....so maybe I just haven't heard there awsome quality stuff....or maybe Im just lame.

Idicious

Nov 14, 2004
The Netherlands
✟8,515.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Well, you can't judge a band by 2 songs for one. Secondly, I'm not a huge extol fan and do not understand all the fuss about Undeceived, I have it here, listened to it a few times, and can't seem to get into it, exept for the first song, the title track which I think is awsome :confused:

Upvote 0

xpunkskaterx

Go Leafs Go
Mar 16, 2004
Canada
Visit site
✟8,744.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
CA-Greens
Well here the first song is Inferno, but you probably have the European version. Extol now is thrash, which isnt nearly as good as their old stuff. Ask anyone true fan what their best cd is, and they will tell you Undeceived or Burial. Its pure melodic Death Metal, and its awesome. Thats why i like them. Ive only listened to Syngery a few times and ive had it since it came out, its nothing like their old stuff at all. Listen to their stuff from a couple years ago. Its awesome. and where did you hear a new song at, i cant seem to find any

Upvote 0

Voice of Thunder

Nov 12, 2004
Where the Buffalo Roam
✟828.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
:groupray: First of all, whatever "chrisitian Band" out there that spends an even amount of time praying and practicing, then to put an album out at the ripe age of 16, to make it #1 in Europe has to be from God. Clap! Clap! And the crowd(s) praise God! I became a "supporter and an intercessor" for the band two years ago, when God had me meet the band and take pictures for a local church of the band. Wow, words cannot describe the passion on these brothers! They are not only humble, they are anointed with the passion of spreading the gospel of Jesus Christ to the nations! They are oozing John15:11. I shuddered with holy excitement at the opportunity. We became instant friends. I couldn't get into the vocals at first, but the music is incrediable and intense. Burial is amazing. Then to hear undeceived" is very creative especially live. They brought in four additional vocals plus violins without the red spots-all in blue. My. My. Give them another listen to, give them a chance to minister to your spirit. Where they are from, I don't know if you realize this, but 95% of the youth worship a pagan thing. An upside down, goat-dragon beast. (He was in charge of the music in heaven before he fell) So. Now being raised up to play death-metal, goth-industrial-atmospheric hardcore is a blessing to a dying generation. By the way, that percentage has been lowered since two years ago, Praise God!
Blessings to you all!
Voice

Upvote 0

guitargeek

Mar 8, 2004
Cape Cod Massachusetts
✟525.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well, I only have Synergy, and it's the only album I've heard, but I absolutely LOVE them. They've got a wicked prog influence. All their stuff is in odd time and has crazy changes. My favorites off the album are 26 Miles from Marathon and Emancipation.

I also love them because even though I can't understand a single word he's saying, I know it's a good message :)

I would describe Synergy as more of a Black Metal sound rather than Death Metal. The higher pitched screaming and not overly heavy guitars I think would put it in the Black Metal range.

Upvote 0

Tragic Paradox

über.n00b
Feb 8, 2005
Tennessee
✟9,722.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
From an Extol fan: Don't judge the band by Synergy. You definitely have to hear Undeceived first. That album is amazing, whereas Synergy is...meh. It's good, it's very good, but compared to their older stuff, Synergy is just sorta watered down and doesn't make use of the band's true talent (in my opinon...). It's also more of a thrash-influenced album, whereas Burial is black metal, and Undeceived has more of a death metal feel. I guess they wanna try their hand at every metal genre available. :scratch:

I agree...the new album is a huge disappointment. I actualy like the one song I've heard from it, but it's just not Extol at all. :(

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

one3rd

Feb 17, 2005
Minnesota
✟195.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Synergy is an album that shocked many at first because it was such a deviation from their previous progressive death/black metal style. Because I had been getting into thrash metal before Synergy came out, the transition was pretty easy for me. It's a great thrash album.

Upvote 0