• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

exposing all my thoughts

letsbefriends

Aug 6, 2013
✟15,323.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I would like to put all my thoughts, negative and positive, paradoxical or consistent, on here. please do not think of me as being troublesome for I have no intentions of being troublesome. I just want to express all my thoughts here. often I just have these thoughts like oh why is Christianity so dark on the outside? with such a history in the textbook how can we preach the gospel to others? people see the horrors of Christianity and of course they're less likely to be swayed.

I even once thought about tricking others into believing in god and a believer told me that Jesus never came to earth to trick us. that was years ago.

I feel like other religions need to have just as dark a history as Christianity so that they won't be able to sway others to it. I don't like the fact that others are even interested in that. like don't just give up cuhs of something that happened. this is the 21st century and has nothing to do with you. why are you ashamed of the church's past?
I have contempt for eastern religions because they don't have a sex abuse history. they're so perfect and I hate them because I have no respect for them.

I believe the reason why people don't convert is because of the church's history and because of how Christians have behaved throughout the centuries. how can the church stand in the last days? I fear the demise of Christianity and the rise of other religions. i sometimes wish they didn't exist.

once I had given up Christianity, and the next day I feel like my sexual desires have largely diminished. I wonder why. I wonder if I was actually an idolater like jews and muslims claim we are. I feel like I should join the others sometimes. I just don't see the future of Christianity. I don't.

Last edited:

joey_downunder

big sister
Apr 25, 2009
Land Down Under
✟12,875.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
often I just have these thoughts like oh why is Christianity so dark on the outside? with such a history in the textbook how can we preach the gospel to others?
Yes at first it can appear that Christianity is "dark" and negative compared to other faiths. That is because the bible clearly shows how wicked and evil people can be. History is history. The bible also shows how just God is towards sinners.

Jeremiah 17:9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?
10 I the Lord search the heart, I try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings.

I even once thought about tricking others into believing in god and a believer told me that Jesus never came to earth to trick us. that was years ago.
That is correct.

John 14:6 Jesus said unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Titus 1:2 In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began
I feel like other religions need to have just as dark a history as Christianity so that they won't be able to sway others to it.
Other religions DO have a dark history; the difference is unlike Christianity they try to hide/disguise/make excuses for evil teachings/bad history associated with their own religion.
I have contempt for eastern religions because they don't have a sex abuse history. they're so perfect and I hate them because I have no respect for them.
:doh:Have you looked at these religions' histories, their customs, their rituals at ALL?
I believe the reason why people don't convert is because of the church's history and because of how Christians have behaved throughout the centuries.

Have you looked at Jesus' explanation?
John 3:18 “He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. 19 And this is the condemnation, that the light has come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. 20 For everyone practicing evil hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his deeds should be exposed.

Many people use bad Church history as their excuse to reject Christianity and remain in their sins.

You really need to become firmly grounded in scripture for your own spiritual health. Don't listen to what the world (who refuses to believe in Jesus) says, listen to what God says.

Upvote 0

louise sheinholtz

May 23, 2013
✟601.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
I would like to put all my thoughts, negative and positive, paradoxical or consistent, on here. please do not think of me as being troublesome for I have no intentions of being troublesome. I just want to express all my thoughts here. often I just have these thoughts like oh why is Christianity so dark on the outside? with such a history in the textbook how can we preach the gospel to others? people see the horrors of Christianity and of course they're less likely to be swayed.

I feel like other religions need to have just as dark a history as Christianity so that they won't be able to sway others to it. I don't like the fact that others are even interested in that. like don't just give up cuhs of something that happened. this is the 21st century and has nothing to do with you. why are you ashamed of the church's past?

I believe the reason why people don't convert is because of the church's history and because of how Christians have behaved throughout the centuries. how can the church stand in the last days? I fear the demise of Christianity and the rise of other religions. i sometimes wish they didn't exist.

once I had given up Christianity, and the next day I feel like my sexual desires have largely diminished. I wonder why. I wonder if I was actually an idolater like jews and muslims claim we are. I feel like I should join the others sometimes. I just don't see the future of Christianity. I don't.

Psalms says to be still and know god .
Your thoughts are coming from a dark place, learn to just watch your thoughts and let them go for your own peace of mind. You are a confused person, your thoughts are coming from a confused mind.
Don't get caught up with your thoughts, it is not you but something that made a home in your mind
.Be still and know.

Upvote 0

letsbefriends

Aug 6, 2013
✟15,323.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yes at first it can appear that Christianity is "dark" and negative compared to other faiths. That is because the bible clearly shows how wicked and evil people can be. History is history. The bible also shows how just God is towards sinners.

Jeremiah 17:9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?
10 I the Lord search the heart, I try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings.

That is correct.

John 14:6 Jesus said unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Titus 1:2 In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began

Other religions DO have a dark history; the difference is unlike Christianity they try to hide/disguise/make excuses for evil teachings/bad history associated with their own religion.

:doh:Have you looked at these religions' histories, their customs, their rituals at ALL?

Have you looked at Jesus' explanation?
John 3:18 “He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. 19 And this is the condemnation, that the light has come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. 20 For everyone practicing evil hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his deeds should be exposed.

Many people use bad Church history as their excuse to reject Christianity and remain in their sins.

You really need to become firmly grounded in scripture for your own spiritual health. Don't listen to what the world (who refuses to believe in Jesus) says, listen to what God says.

yeah well it's not like they have a inappropriate content or masturbation habit. i hardly know of any nonchristian friends of mine who do. or maybe i dont know.

Upvote 0

letsbefriends

Aug 6, 2013
✟15,323.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Psalms says to be still and know god .
Your thoughts are coming from a dark place, learn to just watch your thoughts and let them go for your own peace of mind. You are a confused person, your thoughts are coming from a confused mind.
Don't get caught up with your thoughts, it is not you but something that made a home in your mind
.Be still and know.

i am confused right at the moment. i dont seem to understand how christians are ridiculed all the time. if we are the chosen people of God then why aren't we respected at all? why do people always make fun of us? it's not fair. they're all like mocking us when some false prophet gets the end of the world wrong. it's sad.

Upvote 0

joey_downunder

big sister
Apr 25, 2009
Land Down Under
✟12,875.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Read this passage. Matthew 5.

Note especially what Jesus said:

Matthew 5:11 “Blessed are you when they revile and persecute you, and say all kinds of evil against you falsely for My sake. 12 Rejoice and be exceedingly glad, for great is your reward in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you."

If you follow Jesus properly then persecution will eventually occur. It's inevitable. Unrepentant sinners hate being confronted with their sins.

Proverbs 29:27 An unjust man is an abomination to the righteous,
And he who is upright in the way is an abomination to the wicked.

If anyone tries to tell you that your life will be perfect and easy and everyone will love you IF you become a Christian they are lying and they are contradicting Jesus Himself.

Upvote 0

letsbefriends

Aug 6, 2013
✟15,323.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Matthew 5:11 “Blessed are you when they revile and persecute you, and say all kinds of evil against you falsely for My sake. 12 Rejoice and be exceedingly glad, for great is your reward in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you."

If you follow Jesus properly then persecution will eventually occur. It's inevitable. Unrepentant sinners hate being confronted with their sins.

If anyone tries to tell you that your life will be perfect and easy and everyone will love you IF you become a Christian they are lying and they are contradicting Jesus Himself.

i think that's what missionaries try to do or something. they tell you one side of the story without telling you the other. don't omit, for crying out loud. tell them the whole truth at first and if they want to follow Jesus, then they can genuinely repent or do his will. unfortunately they have turned religion into a type of thing that you can tap into for blessings. this is manipulative and selfish. We all have.

Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,087,779.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private

There is a difference between "the Church", organized religion too often run for show and profit, and real believers. Messiah told us that wolves would come in amongst the sheep. History and the present show how right He was. If you don't see the future of Christianity, maybe you should read the Bible some more. We are told that few will go into the Kingdom. If there were 100 people in a room and you were told to remove a "few" how many would be left outside the door? We are told in the last days (and I think we're there) there would be a great falling away from the true faith.

Actually everything is working out exactly as the Bible says.

Maybe you felt less temptation when you were trying to ditch faith because the devil was getting off your back a little since he didn't feel as much need to go after you. I'd bet everything, though, that he had absolutely no intention of leaving you alone forever, and in fact has every intention of causing you as many temptations and problems as possible.

Part of the curse of this cursed planet is that we often get confused and lost in the business of living. But there is the Holy Spirit to guide you. Just keep praying and praising and asking to understand. Don't be too caught up in any one's ministries or teachings. They all get it right sometimes I guess, and maybe all get it wrong sometimes. The Holy Spirit is never wrong and we are told "You need that no man should teach you, but the Holy Spirit will teach you."

Praying for persistence in prayer for light and that you get it and hang onto it.

Upvote 0

jsimms615

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2006
✟143,480.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Most religions have a dark past at some point.

Christ is able to keep his church until the day he comes back. He always saves a remnant for himself.

Upvote 0
Letsbefriends, and all,

Hi, I'm new here, this is my first post.
I can understand where you are coming from, because I am sort of there too at the moment.
I wasted so much of my time on a bad internet forum with little good fruit.
Today I was out walking, and I wondered what it was all for. In that moment, I could of walked away from everything I had come to believe, but right at this moment, now, I am taking a stand and I will not let others ruin what I had!

Letsbefriends: Opening up and being honest is a good start.

I believe that most of the problem is the time we are in.

Does anybody know this: What exact spiritual struggle will we go through in these very very end times?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

louise sheinholtz

May 23, 2013
✟601.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status

That is true Joey, that is so true, It is pain that leads us to God, Facing the truth leads to peace. Look at the sufferings of Christ to please His Father. It is no difference with those on the path.

Last edited:
Upvote 0