Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Rejecting the will of God in favour of the will of man as displayed in the Garden is the very foundation of our need for salvation. Salvation is dependent on reversing what occurred in Genesis, putting God's will before the will of man.

But God doesn't care if creationists don't accept the way He did creation. It's just not a salvation issue. They are no less Christians than we are.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟366,381.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
The great ice-dam bursts out of the Ice Age are likely culprits.

There's some indication that the great Black Sea flood,when the Mediterranean Sea broke through on the eastern side, would have happened at the right time to account for the Flood story.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟306,393.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
It's just not a salvation issue.
Regarding creation you have a point. Some seem to think our concept of a day existed before calendars. The length of what we would call a 'day' varied even in Jesus' time as sunset to sunset varied each time. What was considered an 'age' could be any amount of time.

Upvote 0

section9+1

Mar 12, 2017
US
✟81,403.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I take it literally as it says. I am not too interested how others see it and they don't bother me. If they want to claim Christianity, that's not up to me. Two reasons I believe it literally. One is if it disagrees with the evidence, I think that's fine. It forces me into a choice as to what I must believe. It's a culling device. The other reason is, what other verses may be questioned, then. I know not everything is to be taken literally since some is just being descriptive and poetic, but when he flat out gives an account of something, I feel I need to take it at face value. Revising it kind of calls most bible passages into doubt. Did the Red Sea really part? Did Jesus really heal? Did he really die and come back to life 3 days later? They can all be picked apart and revised into something more fitting with what evidence and reason tells us. But if God's word is accurate and true and is our teacher, then I will accept what it says in spite of the evidence. I would rather stand before Him and say I did my best to accept what he said as my truth, regardless of what any other sources said. Others may try other explanations. It's their life.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟366,381.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
But if God's word is accurate and true and is our teacher, then I will accept what it says in spite of the evidence.

The trick is in making sure you're accepting what He's saying, not just your interpretation of what He's saying. If you are a creationist, it won't matter unless you make an idol of your interpretation, and disparage the faith of those who don't.

Be careful about that.

Upvote 0

section9+1

Mar 12, 2017
US
✟81,403.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The trick is in making sure you're accepting what He's saying, not just your interpretation of what He's saying. If you are a creationist, it won't matter unless you make an idol of your interpretation, and disparage the faith of those who don't.

Be careful about that.
I do my best for my best understanding. Others on this are outside of my radar.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟366,381.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I do my best for my best understanding. Others on this are outside of my radar.

That's all He can ask of you. And those who would deny your Christian faith because you don't agree with them on the issue, are very foolish to do so.

Upvote 0