Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Ah. I understand. Most believers, even really "strong" ones, get scared with the supernatural; especially from the adversary and his minions.

But I knew from a very early age that the devil MUST submit to the Name of Jesus.
This thing was literally in my body with me and i ran from it and screamed for Jesus with my soul and it was forced out of me through the top of my head. Its never happened since but it gave me a good case of insomnia and sleep fear.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Interesting.

One thing to consider: demons are disembodied spirits and are not fully in our realm of existence. So "in" and "out" may be meaningless terms when dealing with them. But they certainly can attach themselves to various parts of us, either in body or mind. Note that this encounter did not include an attachment. It was just harassment.

Have you ever heard of Lester Sumrall? I sat under his ministry as a child. He had a story about a witch doctor in Brazil who was delivered from demons and then became an evangelist. And a story about a young woman in Manila Philippines who was "bitten by devils" back in the 1940s. My mom said she remembered hearing the story on the news when it happened. There was a vinyl LP that had that story and the story about the witch doctor that I played several times as a kid. Those stories were also written into booklets which may still be available from LeSEA ministries.

While now I find Sumrall's understanding of the demonic somewhat lacking - he was an important pioneer in the english speaking world of the deliverance ministry. Derek Prince came after him and took the understanding farther and now others have taken it even farther. (like PRMI.org)

Upvote 0

Jaxxi

Half-ready for Anything.....
Jul 29, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
✟50,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Interesting.

One thing to consider: demons are disembodied spirits and are not fully in our realm of existence. So "in" and "out" may be meaningless terms when dealing with them. But they certainly can attach themselves to various parts of us, either in body or mind. Note that this encounter did not include an attachment. It was just harassment.

Have you ever heard of Lester Sumrall? I sat under his ministry as a child. He had a story about a witch doctor in Brazil who was delivered from demons and then became an evangelist. And a story about a young woman in Manila Philippines who was "bitten by devils" back in the 1940s. My mom said she remembered hearing the story on the news when it happened. There was a vinyl LP that had that story and the story about the witch doctor that I played several times as a kid. Those stories were also written into booklets which may still be available from LeSEA ministries.

While now I find Sumrall's understanding of the demonic somewhat lacking - he was an important pioneer in the english speaking world of the deliverance ministry. Derek Prince came after him and took the understanding farther and now others have taken it even farther. (like PRMI.org)
See what freaked me out was it happened in the middle of the day and i was in college. Come to find out the girls DIRECTLY across the hall from my room were doing a conjurring seance with candles and a floor pentagram at the exact time of my experience. I never knew that kind of thing could happen. I was there on softball full scholarships for fastpitch...i was not some freak! I heard it called a "walk in"

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Come to find out the girls DIRECTLY across the hall from my room were doing a conjurring seance with candles and a floor pentagram at the exact time of my experience. I never knew that kind of thing could happen.
Yeah, it can if your guard is down.

Walk in obedience and keep on the "full armor of God." (eph 6.10-18) That will not happen again if you do that.

Upvote 0

Truthearthdefender

Dec 31, 2015
California
✟15,450.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Yes, it was what I'd consider to be an encounter with the Holy Spirit, and that led me back to faith. I was an atheist when it happened, and that is why I feel it was supernatural and something happening 'outside' of myself. Not in my mind, etc. Since coming back to the faith nearly two months ago, I have had two more incidents that can only be explained as supernatural. It's amazing, and I never had such experiences when I was a Christian, before.
Anything that leads you back to the Truth is working for the good. Congratulations on your return!

Upvote 0

Truthearthdefender

Dec 31, 2015
California
✟15,450.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
See what freaked me out was it happened in the middle of the day and i was in college. Come to find out the girls DIRECTLY across the hall from my room were doing a conjurring seance with candles and a floor pentagram at the exact time of my experience. I never knew that kind of thing could happen. I was there on softball full scholarships for fastpitch...i was not some freak! I heard it called a "walk in"[/QUOTf

Upvote 0

Truthearthdefender

Dec 31, 2015
California
✟15,450.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
I saw in one of the posts that some women were doing a "seance" with a pentagram drawn on a floor and candle... first of all that is not a seance... That is an invocation of a demon. The pentagram would have been drawn in blood/red and it is meant to confine the demon aka control it... the issue is that unless you are blessed, you cannot control demons like that... so either they were idiots trying things that they shouldn't, or they were into satanic black magic in which case I would stay far away from them and ignore them as politely as possible. That stuff is real and too many people who don't believe this play with it. Be safe. Peace :)

Upvote 0

Bluecheese

Dec 3, 2015
UK
✟15,391.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Throughout my life I have had experience of what some would call the 'supernatural', in spite of the weirdest of happenings, I am still of the opinion that there is a natural explanation for it all, and science will be able to explain it in the end.

Upvote 0

Truthearthdefender

Dec 31, 2015
California
✟15,450.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Throughout my life I have had experience of what some would call the 'supernatural', in spite of the weirdest of happenings, I am still of the opinion that there is a natural explanation for it all, and science will be able to explain it in the end.
There is always an explanation... and God is greater than science... and to disbelieve either God or the validity of sound science is ridiculous and that is why many atheists win debates... because apologists often forget that science is important too and should not be ignored. God controls the Universe and probably infinite numbers of universes. I have seen first-hand the power of God to move the heavens... He can do anything... unfortunately satan also has powerful illusions as well.

Answers may come in time, and some mysteries are better left undisturbed :)

Upvote 0

Bluecheese

Dec 3, 2015
UK
✟15,391.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
There is always an explanation... and God is greater than science... and to disbelieve either God or the validity of sound science is ridiculous and that is why many atheists win debates... because apologists often forget that science is important too and should not be ignored. God controls the Universe and probably infinite numbers of universes. I have seen first-hand the power of God to move the heavens... He can do anything... unfortunately satan also has powerful illusions as well.

Answers may come in time, and some mysteries are better left undisturbed :)

You are entitled to your view, but I don't see it that way.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JE5USFRE4K

Apr 15, 2016
Oklahoma
✟7,702.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I had a dream a few weeks ago that was really bizarre and too vivid to ignore. One thing I noticed in the dream was a flash or vision of a ferris wheel and carnival set up behind a sign off the side of a street. The actual dream was just to personal to write about but it was very very real and intense. I thought it had some sort of meaning so i prayed about it and its meaning was partially revealed to me. That same day my son wanted to watch some videos of tornados (he is fascinated with storms) so i youtubed tornados. As we we watching a 45 minute film of a tornado that tore through Joplin Missouri, I saw the same scene from the vision of the ferris wheel. Same street, same sign, same wheel, same sky, SAME EVERYTHING!!! I didnt know what to think but I could feel a heavy spiritual presence when I saw it. I feel like it was just confirmation that the message i received in the dream was actually a message. I have never experienced anything like this before but it was a real faith builder! Im getting fired up just thinking about it.

Upvote 0

ScottA

Author: Walking Like Einstein
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2011
✟33,847.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Godly or something else. Have you ever experienced the Supernatural? That would be witnessing or experiencing something you simply could not explain with rational explanation. If you have, what was it?
After a lengthy downward spiral: multiple victim of crime, loss of my business, marriage, children, job, etc., I cried out to God by name while laying in bed one night...and He answered, in what I consider a spiritual, out of body, religious experience. I was instantly snatched up to be in the clouds about the earth and shown many things that were later collaborated in the scriptures. Before that I had no religious upbringing, nor experience reading the Bible, no one preaching to me - nothing that would have caused me to imagine any of what happened. The only knowledge or idea I had of God was not of any detail, but some ideas that generally carry throughout society. Besides...the experience was no less real - but even more real, than life itself.

When the experience ended, I suddenly found myself back in my body, and shot straight up and landed in a sitting position at the foot of my bed - bewildered, but overwhelmed with peace. I kept repeating over and over in my mind what had just happened...until I drifted off to sleep. The next day and for a couple of weeks - everything in my life changed - I was changed. The company I worked for suddenly went out of business and I lost my job, my relationship fell apart, and I moved. I stayed briefly with my brother and his family, and in the room where they put me up I found a Bible - I was drawn to it. I started reading it and couldn't put it down - and read it from cover to cover like a novel. From point to point I found the Author to be the same as the Author of my experience - the one confirmed the other all the way through.

The experience changed me...and what I learned...I do not "believe" - I "know."

Upvote 0

ScottA

Author: Walking Like Einstein
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2011
✟33,847.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Most believers, even really "strong" ones, get scared with the supernatural;
What bothers me, is the unbelief of would-be Christians, as if they were better somehow for not believing in what they consider to be nonsense. I understand that the non-believing world thinks it's all crazy...but to get the same response from many would-be Christians, is just heartbreaking.

Upvote 0

Julie.S

Jan 19, 2016
Pennsylvania
✟21,550.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I saw a shadow person one Friday while eating dinner with my family. Nothing happened because of it but it was strange and I believe I am the only one to have seen it. I was not scared of it at the time and nothing negative has happened due to it.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I understand that the non-believing world thinks it's all crazy...but to get the same response from many would-be Christians, is just heartbreaking.
That shows just how deep a world-view runs in our psyche. If one has a naturalistic world view, the supernatural makes no sense.

Reactions: ScottA
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Jul 22, 2019
Colorado
✟7,846.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Godly or something else. Have you ever experienced the Supernatural? That would be witnessing or experiencing something you simply could not explain with rational explanation. If you have, what was it?
See i knew this too but was taught it backwards and that was my demise. I got as far as "satan i rebuke you...." and before i could get Jesus name out it was too late. Id angered it and it made its move. Ive never felt so violated and alone in all my life. It was utterly terrifying. I didnt know they could enter you.
I too experience this. They enter me on a daily basis.

Upvote 0

Elixir

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2019
Mississippi
✟14,306.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I was on a Discord chatroom back in December of last year and met someone who claimed that she was a lich (accomplished using a phylactery), and she had quite a following of prospective "souls" and "members" in her circle. What she was trying to do with these people thousands of miles away I don't know, but something a bit spooky came of it after I left. I felt a tremendous amount of what I could only describe as dark energy. It was hungry, trying to seep into and infiltrate my thoughts and what I can best term as my "energetic body / presence." I think it wanted to teach me the allure of its feeling-tone, because that energy, despite trying to ward it off and rebuke it, my body was not lying to me that it had an element of satisfaction to it.

To make things stranger, that night I had a vivid dream, at the end of which I was caught in this weird dark tunnel pulling me endlessly down, complete with the same dark energy feeling-tone. I felt this strong buzzing sensation too, and a bright angel appeared from beyond the wall of the tunnel and said, "You have been cursed! Get out of here now!"

After going through that, while in the original Discord server that she found me in - a den of wolves and vipers I'm sure - a christian joined, went straight to me to message me privately, and said that Jesus was looking for me (what a trooper and a man of faith!). There, I turned myself over to Him again, as far as I could possibly surrender honestly, trying to surrender within me what I still struggle with now. Thanks in part to this experience (knowing what is good by experiencing what is not) perhaps I am more aware of my "life energy" now. But it hasn't been an easy ride, I've experienced plenty of that same / similar negative energy from within since because of resentment for an unhappy childhood.

Upvote 0