Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
She was raised by Young Earth Creationists in a town that infamously rejects evolution because of fallacious ideology about it. Had she been raised by any of the majority of Christians who accept evolution as an explanation for the mechanisms of life and embrace Christ as the meaning of life, she wouldn't have undergone the intense conflict she experienced in young adulthood. She didn't "backslide." She advanced.

For most normal Christians, evolution has very little to do with their salvation.
She prioritized, thanks to her YEC friends, who probably prayed for her salvation and witnessed to her.

Upvote 0

Oncedeceived

Senior Veteran
Jul 11, 2003
✟66,870.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why "excluding the whale"?
To devastating to your objections to macro evolution?

Here are a couple:
- human chromosome nr2: evidence of "macro divergence" of an ape ancestor into chimps and humans
- shared ERV's: evidence of "macro divergence" of ape ancestors into all the great apes (including humans).

You can turn your denial mode on now.
I didn't say a couple. I asked for ten. The whale is always used and so is the ERV's but I didn't exclude it just to give you a better chance at ten. Eight more please.

Upvote 0

Oncedeceived

Senior Veteran
Jul 11, 2003
✟66,870.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do you deny that Maurice Bucaille, a medical doctor, wrote a book explaining how mega accurate the Quran is scientifically?

Perhaps you should look it up.
This has nothing to do about my understanding (or lack thereof) concerning the bible or the quran, and everything to do with the fact that you can find "professionals" in every religion claiming how scientifically accurate that specific religion is.

It doesn't mean anything because on every occasion, one requires a "very specific" interpretation of the scripture in question to reverse match it to the actual scientific knowledge, given to us by science, not by religious scriptures.

In almost all cases I have been presented with, it required quite some psychological gymnastics to "match" the scriptures to the facts of reality.

Every time, I remain unimpressed.
Nope I don't deny that Maurice Bucaille is a medical doctor or that he wrote a book explaining how mega accurate the Quran is. I said and still say that you have no clue how the two are connected and how the Old Testament is viewed in Islam.

Upvote 0

Oncedeceived

Senior Veteran
Jul 11, 2003
✟66,870.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What do you know about Jesus? stories?
We have historical documents that show He existed and was crucified. Documents that claim He did magic. These are from non-Biblical sources. We have the historic document of the Bible as well.

What is biblical history? what part of the bible is history apart from some place names?
The Bible has shown it is a historic document that provided information about past cultures, people and places.

Upvote 0

Oncedeceived

Senior Veteran
Jul 11, 2003
✟66,870.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And yet, after all those threads and long, long, looooooong discussions on the topic, it's still completely unclear to me what your stance on it is.
I've made it pretty clear. It doesn't surprise me you don't know because you rarely really read what is being said and go for dismissing it outright.

Upvote 0

crjmurray

The Bear. Not The Bull.
Dec 17, 2014
Lake Ouachita
✟16,029.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Private
We have historical documents that show He existed and was crucified. Documents that claim He did magic. These are from non-Biblical sources. We have the historic document of the Bible as well.

You do? That sounds important, you may need to tell somebody about this.

Reactions: bhsmte
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ada Lovelace

Grateful to scientists and all health care workers
Site Supporter
Jun 20, 2014
California
✟1,002,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
She prioritized, thanks to her YEC friends, who probably prayed for her salvation and witnessed to her.

AV, have you actually read any of her books? What you've written, and what she wrote, are in conflict with one another. You are fabricating to make her narrative fit what you want it to be instead of the truth of it as described by her.

Upvote 0

Oncedeceived

Senior Veteran
Jul 11, 2003
✟66,870.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You bet. Many NT historians would like to be clued in here.
Historians know about them.

“Consequently, to get rid of the report, Nero fastened the guilt and inflicted the most exquisite tortures on a class hated for their abominations, called Christians by the populace. Christus, from whom the name had its origin, suffered the extreme penalty during the reign of Tiberius at the hands of one of our procurators, Pontius Pilatus, and a most mischievous superstition, thus checked for the moment, again broke out not only in Judea, the first source of the evil, but even in Rome, where all things hideous and shameful from every part of the world find their centre and become popular.” Cornelius Tacitus

“It was taught: On the day before the Passover they hanged Jesus. A herald went before him for forty days (proclaiming), “He will be stoned, because he practiced magic and enticed Israel to go astray. Let anyone who knows anything in his favor come forward and plead for him.” But nothing was found in his favor, and they hanged him on the day before the Passover. (b. Sanhedrin 43a)

Upvote 0

whois

rational
Mar 7, 2015
✟3,336.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I've made it pretty clear. It doesn't surprise me you don't know because you rarely really read what is being said and go for dismissing it outright.
i've noticed this too.
there are a number of scientists that outright state that natural selection is no longer valid as a driving force of evolutionary change.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic
i've noticed this too.
there are a number of scientists that outright state that natural selection is no longer valid as a driving force of evolutionary change.

There are a number of papers and quotes that you fail to understand that leads you to that false conclusion.

Why don't you find a single one of those scientists who states that natural selection is not the major driving force of adaptive evolution. Not genomic complexity. Not genetic drift. Adaptive evolution.

Reactions: DogmaHunter
Upvote 0

whois

rational
Mar 7, 2015
✟3,336.00
Faith
Non-Denom
There are a number of papers and quotes that you fail to understand that leads you to that false conclusion.

Why don't you find a single one of those scientists who states that natural selection is not the major driving force of adaptive evolution. Not genomic complexity. Not genetic drift. Adaptive evolution.
i find it astounding that evolutionary scientists hardly ever say what they mean, especially when it goes against established dogma.

Upvote 0

crjmurray

The Bear. Not The Bull.
Dec 17, 2014
Lake Ouachita
✟16,029.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Private
Historians know about them.

“Consequently, to get rid of the report, Nero fastened the guilt and inflicted the most exquisite tortures on a class hated for their abominations, called Christians by the populace. Christus, from whom the name had its origin, suffered the extreme penalty during the reign of Tiberius at the hands of one of our procurators, Pontius Pilatus, and a most mischievous superstition, thus checked for the moment, again broke out not only in Judea, the first source of the evil, but even in Rome, where all things hideous and shameful from every part of the world find their centre and become popular.” Cornelius Tacitus

“It was taught: On the day before the Passover they hanged Jesus. A herald went before him for forty days (proclaiming), “He will be stoned, because he practiced magic and enticed Israel to go astray. Let anyone who knows anything in his favor come forward and plead for him.” But nothing was found in his favor, and they hanged him on the day before the Passover. (b. Sanhedrin 43a)

Well color me......nonplussed

Upvote 0

sfs

Jun 30, 2003
Massachusetts
✟342,919.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
i've noticed this too.
I'm not aware of a single evolutionary biologist that states that. Certainly none of the biologists you've quoted or linked to has said that.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.