Exactly how do you...

yedida

Ruth Messianic, joining Israel, Na'aseh v'nishma!
Oct 6, 2010
Elyria, OH
✟25,205.00
Faith
Marital Status
In Relationship
Ah, Yedida, I'm Jewish, I know what it's fo ;) , just wondering why she is taking this tradition on the plate for herself. :)

I guess even though we were not slaves in Egypt, we were slaves to death and sin so the egg is still relevant, we have new life in Messiah and freedom in Him as well.

Reactions: psalms 91
Upvote 0

yedida

Oct 6, 2010
Elyria, OH
✟25,205.00
Faith
Marital Status
In Relationship
The egg has nothing to do with the Biblical commandments regarding keeping Pasache.
The egg has nothing to do with Egypt, it has to do with the Temple destruction and the sacrifices. :)

I knew it had nothing to do with the Biblical commandments concerning Pesach, it was just tradition, but I've been told it symbolized new life and freedom, and from a Jewish site no less!! Go figure.

Upvote 0

yedida

Oct 6, 2010
Elyria, OH
✟25,205.00
Faith
Marital Status
In Relationship
Oh, the tradition is that young? I didn't know! Well, I'll have to inform our "leader" and I'm sure we can figure out a way to include that remembrance. After all, those who perished were our elder brothers and sisters that we never had a chance to meet!! What a wonderful way to honor them.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
M

MessianicMommy

Chabad has some good articles on Pesach if you want them.

And from Wikipedia:
Beitzah — A hard-boiled egg, symbolizing the korban chagigah (festival sacrifice) that was offered in the Temple in Jerusalem and roasted and eaten as part of the meal on Seder night. Although both the Pesach sacrifice and the chagigah were meat offerings, the chagigah is commemorated by an egg, a symbol of mourning (as eggs are the first thing served to mourners after a funeral), evoking the idea of mourning over the destruction of the Temple and our inability to offer any kind of sacrifices in honor of the Pesach holiday. Since the destruction of the Temple, the beitzah serves as a visual reminder of the chagigah; it is not used during the formal part of the seder, but some people eat it with saltwater as the first course of the meal.

As for roasting it, this is from Ohr:
The best way to roast an egg is to boil it first. "Otherwise it can get pretty messy. Once boiled, put it in the oven or on top of the gas burners and let it get a bit charred. Chances are, if your oven range is electric, it will do the job too. And there you go!"

hope that helps :)

Upvote 0

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Thanks MM for getting us back on topic.
Perhaps unless you bury them in a fire pit, the best way is to give the hard boiled eggs the roasted look by turning them over a gas stove flame. That's what I do.
Who, (in your opinion) is posting off topic? The topic is the roasted egg, assuming she is speaking of the one on the Seder plate the posts are about said egg. :)

Upvote 0