Archaeopteryx

Wanderer
Jul 1, 2007
✟70,740.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Oh, you are so wrong! It totally breaks my heart to think of so many people who have set themselves against their own salvation. When someone asks me "what will you do when you see Jesus torture me", what would you have me say? First of all, I don't believe in eternal torture...the "lake of fire" is the "second death". I can't promise that it won't hurt, but I doubt it.
Second, I won't be present. I'll be busy elsewhere.
Then, there is God's promise that He will wipe all tears from my eyes.
And finally, there is the realization that, if God were to let us into heaven as we are right now, without His spirit helping us to put our sin away from us, then it wouldn't take very long for us to make His home into the squalid slum we have made of our own.
I accept God's judgment. He is not willing that any should perish...He gives you a choice. You choose to reject His gift. What is He supposed to do about it...force it down your throat? That would violate your rights!!

An ultimatum is given whereby you are expected to reciprocate God's love, and if you do not, you will be condemned eternally. Imagine that someone points a gun to your head and says "If you do not declare your love for me, I will shoot you." Assuming that you fail to oblige with the gunman's demand and are shot, can his defence in court argue that it was your choice to be shot? The gunman didn't violate your rights; he didn't force you to love him. He merely indicated the consequences of not loving him (being shot), and you chose that outcome for yourself. As such, you bear all the responsibility, the gunman bears none.

What am I supposed to do about it? I am doing the best I can right now...talking with you, and praying for you...even though I know you are set in your mind that you are right, and I am wrong...ahh, well...where there is life, as they say, there is hope...

Excuse me, but speak for yourself. I am open to accepting the doctrines of Christianity if there is sufficient reason to warrant their acceptance.

I have seen guys like you who came to mock...then stayed to pray...

This being a thread about ex-Christians, I'm sure that you will also encounter many who once prayed, but who now question the dogmas they once upheld.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
A

Andrea411

Quite a few people at CF have told their stories about how they were once Christians here debating atheists, and ending up being liberated from their religious beliefs and joining those atheists.

eudaimonia,

Mark
Yes, its called atheism evangelism, atheism is their religion of choice. I am always stunned that atheists want to take a person who has faith and finds joy and comfort within it and people actively try to remove that... its evil at its core.

That said, unless its a new Christian, they were probably lukewarm to begin with and just as often, others, may really find their faith when challenged.

Like I have said before, when atheists get their way and secularism moves in, there will be a void and something unchristian will fill it. You can only pray to your non-god/gov't that it is not Islam or radical Hinduism bc they slaughter those that believe differently. Jews first, Christian, pagans and muslims who believe differently... they are coming to your town soon enough.
....Take a real good look at what is occurring in Europe with Islam on the rise. It will be the predominant religion in 50 years, Russia also. Russia's state sponsored religion is a sham of Christianity much like the RCC was centuries ago when it was more of a political force than a move of God. These people are also dangerous to non-believers.

You see in the UK bc Christianity was the predominate religion it is not protected. Christians who challenge Islam in the street are arrested for causing a commotion, while they allow muslims to riot bc they are protected.

At least in the states where there is real freedom of religion (some good some not so good), there is freedom. When they silence Christians and they will because as a whole we are basically nice people, non-confrontational and cowards, we will let them.

If Christian wanted to change the world, we'd only have to stand as one voice and we'd get things done but whenever Christians stand in political power we cease to be the church... another force moves in and that is when religion becomes dangerous. It must always be free to choose... and to allow others to make their own choices. the problem we have is when the law of the land forces Christians to participate in their sin. Our children are taught about sex before marriage and abortion is offered, even if parents wouldn't allow it. Scripture is defined as hate speech and we can be arrested... or have our businesses closed down for not catering to sin. This is nothing compared to what is coming.... I'm old, I will probably be dead but IDK could be much sooner than we think.

I want atheist to not look at what they desire but look at what is really happening... thanks, andrea :wave:

Upvote 0

Archaeopteryx

Wanderer
Jul 1, 2007
✟70,740.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Yes, its called atheism evangelism, atheism is their religion of choice.

Atheism isn't a religion, anymore than not playing golf is a sport.

I am always stunned that atheists want to take a person who has faith and finds joy and comfort within it and people actively try to remove that... its evil at its core.

Do you hold Christian evangelists to the same standard? Is Christian evangelism therefore also "evil at its core"?

Like I have said before, when atheists get their way and secularism moves in, there will be a void and something unchristian will fill it. You can only pray to your non-god/gov't that it is not Islam or radical Hinduism bc they slaughter those that believe differently. Jews first, Christian, pagans and muslims who believe differently... they are coming to your town soon enough.
....Take a real good look at what is occurring in Europe with Islam on the rise. It will be the predominant religion in 50 years, Russia also. Russia's state sponsored religion is a sham of Christianity much like the RCC was centuries ago when it was more of a political force than a move of God. These people are also dangerous to non-believers.

That is good reason then for you to fight for secularism. People often confuse atheism for secularism. While it is probably true that most atheists stand by secular principles, it is wrong to suggest that religious people cannot also stand by and fight for secular principles.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.