Wisconsin, United States of America
✟652,119.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
To be completely honest with you I'm hurt and damaged and I don't know how to stop caring about Christianity yet, I don't know how to stop caring about how much it hurt me and my friends.

The last reason is that I've been on these forums for about 10 years, I started out here as a Christian under different names, this place feels like home to me and while I no longer fit in I feel comfortable here.

Maybe it's true then, just as it says in the bible, that once you have accepted Christ into your life, He will neither leave you nor forsake you. Didn't you say you asked Christ into your life back when you were a Christian? The fact that you feel comfortable here might be an indication of Jesus staying with you even though you thought you left Him.

Upvote 0

Hikarifuru

Shine Bravely
Nov 11, 2013
✟20,553.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Maybe it's true then, just as it says in the bible, that once you have accepted Christ into your life, He will neither leave you nor forsake you. Didn't you say you asked Christ into your life back when you were a Christian? The fact that you feel comfortable here might be an indication of Jesus staying with you even though you thought you left Him.

No that's not it.

I'm leaving this thread.

Upvote 0

stevevw

inquisitive
Nov 4, 2013
Brisbane Qld Australia
✟246,844.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Andrea411

The WORLD does not tell people they are worthless and expendable,
I'm afraid it does and thats the horrible statistic I have been hearing. A recent report on it last week from the world health organization said that a person commits suicide every 40 seconds. Suicide kills more people than conflicts, wars and natural disasters.

So there are many people who think that this world doesn't have much to offer and choose to end their life. This is a horrible thing and something that can be avoided. People lose hope and dont see any future or way out of their situations what ever they may be. This doesn't include the many millions who suffer from depression as well and may attempt suicide and survive or just live with the illness and never find peace and happiness for many years. There is some evidence that a belief in a God can offer hope to those who see that there is nothing left for them in this world.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,119.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
No that's not it.

I'm leaving this thread.

Why? It sounded like we were getting to the heart of what your real concerns are. That's what you're really interested in, so let's address those things instead of the philisophical stuff that we were into before.

Upvote 0

Angelquill

Bard of Angels
Jul 20, 2014
Following a Jewish carpenter...
✟2,838.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Why? It sounded like we were getting to the heart of what your real concerns are. That's what you're really interested in, so let's address those things instead of the philisophical stuff that we were into before.

I suspect that is why, Aldebaran.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,119.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Archaeopteryx

Wanderer
Jul 1, 2007
✟70,740.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Are people obligated to give up having an opinion when they become a Christian (in your humble opinion, of course)?

No. I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy of crying persecution when one feels insulted, but then proceeding to insult others.

Upvote 0

SecretNiqabi

Aug 19, 2014
North Yorkshire, UK
✟7,690.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour
It's not about what one thinks they believe, baptism, or just saying the words! Having an intimate relationship with God is so much more than saying "I'm a Christian" or "I love God". Most ex-Christians fall away because of a bad experience with the church, other fake Christians or some tragedy in their lives that they blame on God. If someone really knows and feels the presence of God in their heart and can see him working in their life...there is no ex about it!

I fell away from the Church not because of a bad experience with a church, other Christians or some sort of trauma. I fell away from the Church because proper academic, verifiable, historical and other evidence was presented to me that my current position regarding the Christian faith was untenable without some serious mental gymnastics.

My study of Koine Greek and the history of the manuscripts of the NT told me that far from being this wonderful divine book, it was sewn together from thousands of conflicting and contradictory books and manuscripts, with additions and subtractions made at the will of a human being. Then I studied both early Church history and also theory of mythology, and quickly found out that I'd been lied to regarding Jesus, whose NT character seemed also be little more than a patchwork quilt of the pure truth of Injil (Jesus' true gospel) and embellishments and myth.

Under these circumstances I chose as an academic to do the correct, truthful thing and alter my beliefs regarding Christianity. If someone feels they are able to present to me credible evidence regarding Christianity's truth or disproving any of the points I've mentioned, I would readily return to Christianity. However no-one has so far done so satisfactorily.

Upvote 0

Archaeopteryx

Wanderer
Jul 1, 2007
✟70,740.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I'd say that, while it makes me sad, it is your choice. When you discover that He really is real, there won't be anything I can do about it.
This is why He promises to wipe all the tears from our eyes.

I will forget all about you, in the pure joy of finally meeting people like Aldebaran face to face, walking and taking together with friends and loved ones who have passed, being in the Presence of my Beloved Lord...

While you, dear heart, will have a moment or two to wish you would have listened to that chubby little grandma who tried so hard to love you, so long ago...

I've often wondered how good people could possibly enjoy Heaven while knowing that their fellow human beings are being tormented for eternity. It seems to be that one either leaves one's memory or one's compassion behind at heaven's gates.

Upvote 0

Archaeopteryx

Wanderer
Jul 1, 2007
✟70,740.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
It's not about what one thinks they believe, baptism, or just saying the words! Having an intimate relationship with God is so much more than saying "I'm a Christian" or "I love God". Most ex-Christians fall away because of a bad experience with the church, other fake Christians or some tragedy in their lives that they blame on God. If someone really knows and feels the presence of God in their heart and can see him working in their life...there is no ex about it!

Many ex-Christians believed that they had felt the presence of God in their lives. I should know, I am one.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Norah63

Jun 29, 2011
everlasting hills
✟14,569.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
May be an unusual question, but do those who call themselves ex-christians gather togeather
in any kind of congregations? To encourage each other in groups.
This christian forum gives a type of that, so just wondering.
Christians reach out to share the good news of Jesus Christ and Him crucified and alive again.
Seeking to invite all who will to come and drink of the waters of life freely.

Upvote 0

Eudaimonist

I believe in life before death!
Jan 1, 2003
American resident of Sweden
Visit site
✟119,206.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
May be an unusual question, but do those who call themselves ex-christians gather togeather in any kind of congregations?

Yes, some do. Such congregations do exist. One example is the Fellowship of Reason, in Atlanta, Georgia.

eudaimonia,

Mark

Upvote 0

Angelquill

Bard of Angels
Jul 20, 2014
Following a Jewish carpenter...
✟2,838.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
I've often wondered how good people could possibly enjoy Heaven while knowing that their fellow human beings are being tormented for eternity. It seems to be that one either leaves one's memory or one's compassion behind at heaven's gates.

Oh, you are so wrong! It totally breaks my heart to think of so many people who have set themselves against their own salvation. When someone asks me "what will you do when you see Jesus torture me", what would you have me say? First of all, I don't believe in eternal torture...the "lake of fire" is the "second death". I can't promise that it won't hurt, but I doubt it.
Second, I won't be present. I'll be busy elsewhere.
Then, there is God's promise that He will wipe all tears from my eyes.
And finally, there is the realization that, if God were to let us into heaven as we are right now, without His spirit helping us to put our sin away from us, then it wouldn't take very long for us to make His home into the squalid slum we have made of our own.
I accept God's judgment. He is not willing that any should perish...He gives you a choice. You choose to reject His gift. What is He supposed to do about it...force it down your throat? That would violate your rights!!
What am I supposed to do about it? I am doing the best I can right now...talking with you, and praying for you...even though I know you are set in your mind that you are right, and I am wrong...ahh, well...where there is life, as they say, there is hope...
I have seen guys like you who came to mock...then stayed to pray...

Upvote 0

Eudaimonist

I believe in life before death!
Jan 1, 2003
American resident of Sweden
Visit site
✟119,206.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
I have seen guys like you who came to mock...then stayed to pray...

Quite a few people at CF have told their stories about how they were once Christians here debating atheists, and ending up being liberated from their religious beliefs and joining those atheists.

eudaimonia,

Mark

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.