Supporter
Dec 21, 2011
Lake Conroe
✟156,642.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I don't know what you mean by "morphologically detailed fossil record".

Regardless, the fossil record shows the history of life on Earth; different organisms existed in the past compared to now. And there are patterns showing morphological change over time with respect to older to newer forms of life.

On top of that, it still doesn't address the fact that modern evolutionary theory is an applied science. It's the elephant in the room no creationist wants to touch.
You still did not present what has been requested - the specific evidence that one lifeform changing into another lifeform over time in the fossil record, showing the morphological details.

Many on CF are failing to realize the dilemma evolution is in - lack of observable historic evidence that proves it has occurred.

Upvote 0

PsychoSarah

Chaotic Neutral
Jan 13, 2014
✟95,463.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
As per OP, conjecture + conjecture + conjecture .......... does not equal proof and evidence.
1. Benign mutations measurably occur, estimated to be 1-5% of mutations overall (variation in that with different species). An example in our own species that is becoming more common is one that reduces the amount of sleep a human requires every night by about 2 hours. Not only that, but the vast amount of examples seen in plant breeding for crops alone makes the presence of benign mutations indisputable.
2. In what universe do organisms better suited for surviving and reproducing NOT have better success at passing on their genes than those with traits less suited to those things? In what way is stating that organisms which have beneficial mutations are better at surviving than those that don't conjecture?
3. I ran an evolution experiment in which I made the environment suit organisms that can swim well better than those that don't, and I ended up with Triops with longer tails in less than 10 generations. I'll send you some eggs so you can try it for yourself if you want, but come on, I documented the experiment on here with pictures and everything. I get the ball rolling starting at post 112, since I had a couple failed attempts (first species eggs didn't hatch, second species ate each other, but third species worked) https://www.christianforums.com/thr...creationists-choose-their-fate.8031294/page-6

When will those promoting evolution to face up to this? How about you? I have in times past. When evolution was finally seen within me as a faith, not evidence based science.
I actually performed an evolution experiment that resulted in the population visually changing, so I don't really see what I need to "face up" to.

Upvote 0

Heissonear

Geochemist and Stratigrapher
Supporter
Dec 21, 2011
Lake Conroe
✟156,642.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
How many times do you have to be told that science is not in business of proving anything? Was your scientific education of such a poor standard that this point was not made? Have you failed to read and to understand the many posts, by many members, in many threads, who have made that very point? Here it is again - I've emboldened it as a hint to you that it is important - Science is not in the business of proving things.

Science seeks plausible explanations, supported by evidence and structured reasoning, for observations of events, processes, objects and entities in the world. These are then accepted as the most likely explanation for such events, etc. until such times, should they occur, that contrary information, or more informed reasoning becomes available.

The issue is one based upon your flagrant, bizarre, egregious denial of the raft of evidence that does exist. i.e. The issue is an imaginary one, formed out of your Nelsonian approach to the unwelcome. So, I have no intention of parading example after example just to have you ignore them as you have ignored, repeatedly, my request that you explain why you reject the progressive complication of ammonite sutures as evidence of evolution. (I see you have managed to ignore it again. Even those who support your views must be getting a little supsicious of your approach.)
It is quite remarkable the continuing replies I get but nothing on what I have clearly stated - where is the morphologically detailed fossil evidence of one lifeform changing into another lifeform over time.

It is apparent many on CF have not known about how evolution is based on conjecture.

Now we will see who is open or closed-door bias.

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Hi Mark,

I was just using some of that fancy "logic" back at him.

I had asked you earlier in this thread about this - maybe you missed it (or maybe I missed your reply):

Hi Mark - hoping you can address this:

Curious as to what you expect in terms of a molecular mechanism in terms of the human brain expansion.

That is, what do you think would have been required and why do you draw that conclusion.

I have come across these sorts of debates for literally decades. And without fail, regardless of the amount of apparent scientific reasons the creationists present, it ultimately comes down to their simple refusal to accept it - they just don't believe it. But that is not an argument.

I want to know, as do, I think, all of the evolution understanders here, what, exactly, you think would have had to happen is the "naturalistic view" were accurate.

For example - there is a mutant allele for the myostatin gene that produces, naturally, giant muscles:
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-jp7ZiewdHdY/TdogQbnTONI/AAAAAAAAABw/lOiFnKoV3qs/s1600/belgianblue.jpg

While I am not claiming this to be the case, why do you pre-reject something like this (I am assuming you would) in the case of human brain expansion?

That tremendous skeletal muscle expansion is the result of a single mutation. There are many known mutations/duplications and such associated with brain size. According to you, how many must there have been and how do you, especially in light of the fact that there are cases of single mutations causing pronounced changes in morphology (another example is the mutation causing familial dwarfism - and please do not complain that dwarfism and muscular cows are not evolution - that is not my point, my point is the effects of mutation on phenotype are not as 1-to-1 as so many layfolk seem to think).
Im not entirely sure what your getting at here, is the weird cow picture the result of a single mutation? It's been a while since I tracked down the myocine gene but an improved jaw is not the same thing as an enlarged brain. At least 60 unique brain related genes not found in chimpanzee genomes. HAR 1f allows 15 substitutions after only allowing 2 the previous 300 million years. That is not nearly as bad as the fact that there is no hominid line until 2 mya and the only transitional the previous million years is an obvious transitional to gorilla from the more gracial chimpanzee line. Then Turkaa boy shows up 100% anatomically human with a skull within the range of human variation.

I could go on and on with this, why nothing from the Darwinian camp except that pandas thumb scattergram and tangential anecdotal evidence? I mean I know I could make a formidable argument for chimpanzee human common ancestry, only problem is I could soundly refute it. Its all very puzzling and the history of TOE as it's developed over the decades since Darwin is the stuff of conspiracy theories. Esoteric on so many levels, profoundly philosophical in its orientation and most of you act like you've never heard of Charels Darwin or the Modenr Synthesis.

I'm not even annoyed anymore, just deeply puzzled.

Upvote 0

Heissonear

Geochemist and Stratigrapher
Supporter
Dec 21, 2011
Lake Conroe
✟156,642.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
This is the type of stuff that has been coming out for a century and more: all conjecture, and zero morphologically detailed fossil evidence. Zero proof evolution ever happened.

Screenshot_20180414-154801.jpg

Conjecture-based conclusions. Right before your eyes.

Upvote 0

Colter

Nov 9, 2004
✟92,791.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
In geology, the sedimentary structures known as cross-bedding are the (near-) horizontal units that are internally composed of inclined layers. This is a case in geology in which the original depositional layering is tilted, and the tilting is not a result of post-depositional deformation.

Did Noah's flood cause cross bedding????

View media item 60560View media item 60559

Upvote 0

PsychoSarah

Chaotic Neutral
Jan 13, 2014
✟95,463.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
In geology, the sedimentary structures known as cross-bedding are the (near-) horizontal units that are internally composed of inclined layers. This is a case in geology in which the original depositional layering is tilted, and the tilting is not a result of post-depositional deformation.

Did Noah's flood cause cross bedding????

View media item 60560View media item 60559
-_- it's just caused by deposition of sediments on inclined surfaces like dunes by wind or water.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,896,395.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

pitabread

Jan 29, 2017
Frozen North
✟329,323.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Its all very puzzling and the history of TOE as it's developed over the decades since Darwin is the stuff of conspiracy theories.

Uh... what?

Esoteric on so many levels, profoundly philosophical in its orientation and most of you act like you've never heard of Charels Darwin or the Modenr Synthesis.

Curious, because I find it's the opposite with creationists. They dwell on Charles Darwin and not much else in biology; especially from the 21st century.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Uh... what?

Curious, because I find it's the opposite with creationists. They dwell on Charles Darwin and not much else in biology; especially from the 21st century.
Typical, you dont know your own history. Google the Modern Synthesis and get back to me. Then you might want to read the first few paragraphs of the, 'initial Sequence of the Human Genome" 'because if you dont know Darwin and Mendel you have no clue what this is about

Upvote 0

pitabread

Jan 29, 2017
Frozen North
✟329,323.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Typical, you dont know your own history. Google the Modern Synthesis and get back to me. Then you might want to read the first few paragraphs of the, 'initial Sequence of the Human Genome" 'because if you dont know Darwin and Mendel you have no clue what this is about

Out of curiosity, have you ever formally studied the subject of biology and/or evolution (e.g. college)? I'd be interested to know your formal background in this.

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Out of curiosity, have you ever formally studied the subject of biology and/or evolution (e.g. college)? I'd be interested to know your formal background in this.
I took a Biology 101 class, and you?

Upvote 0

pitabread

Jan 29, 2017
Frozen North
✟329,323.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
I took a Biology 101 class, and you?

A few university science courses including a second year course in genetics & evolution, first year physics and a course in paleontology. That's the extent of my formal science education.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Colter

Nov 9, 2004
✟92,791.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
You still did not present what has been requested - the specific evidence that one lifeform changing into another lifeform over time in the fossil record, showing the morphological details.

Many on CF are failing to realize the dilemma evolution is in - lack of observable historic evidence that proves it has occurred.
We have the fossilized remains of the different life forms preserved in the stratified layers which occurred at different eras on the timeline. It would be impossible to find the fossil of a mutated form next to it's parent.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,896,395.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It would be impossible to find the fossil of a mutated form next to it's parent.
Actually it's easy as Pi.

We have what's called "graveyards" that do that very thing.

The problem is, evolution doesn't have graveyards; it has an ocean basin.

With a grain of sand here and a grain of sand there, a hundred miles away, and so on.

Then they draw lines between the grains (called "missing links"), and assume everything is interconnected.

Upvote 0

Colter

Nov 9, 2004
✟92,791.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married

We have the fossilized remains of the different life forms preserved in the stratified layers which occurred at different eras on the timeline. It would be impossible to find the fossil of a mutated form next to it's parent.

Upvote 0

Colter

Nov 9, 2004
✟92,791.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Actually it's easy as Pi.

We have what's called "graveyards" that do that very thing.

The problem is, evolution doesn't have graveyards; it has an ocean basin.

With a grain of sand here and a grain of sand there, a hundred miles away, and so on.

Then they draw lines between the grains (called "missing links"), and assume everything is interconnected.
That isn't true, we have the fossils not grains of sand. You suffer from contempt prior to investigation which guarantees a life of perpetual ignorance. But we also have the graves of ancient humans.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.