Evolutionists: Lets play a game.

Coelo

Jun 8, 2013
✟663.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Private
then started to learn science and the philosophy of science. It suddenly dawned on me that religious claims were all just unverifiable assertions. So I lost interest in them.
It looks like you have a LOT to learn about science. Because real Science goes a very long way to show that the claims of religion are far from unverifiable. Just how much of what you believe can really be verified? It looks to me like you got it all backwards. You reject what can be verified for what can not be verified. At least my experience is that God can deliver on what HE says HE can deliver on. Science does not deliver on what they claim they can deliver on. That is why I put my trust in God and not man made science.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,888.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
So I lost interest in them.
No, you didn't; or you wouldn't be here venting & ridiculing.

It's one thing to lose interest in a tool because you don't use it anymore; it's another to spend a good measure of your time ridiculing others who are using them -- not to mention the tool itself.

It's sort of a bully mentality.

Upvote 0

Coelo

Jun 8, 2013
✟663.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Private
It's one thing to lose interest in a tool because you don't use it anymore;
Really a lot of tools rust out before they wear out. In fact I got a car right now that does not get used enough last winter and the brakes need repaired because they rusted out. If I had used them enough to keep them from rusting they would be in a lot better shape then they are right now.

Upvote 0

CabVet

Question everything
Dec 7, 2011
Los Altos, CA
✟28,402.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No, you didn't; or you wouldn't be here venting & ridiculing.

If you read his post you would realize that the loss of interest is the reason why he became an atheist, not the reason why he is here. Those are two completely separate and different things.

It's one thing to lose interest in a tool because you don't use it anymore; it's another to spend a good measure of your time ridiculing others who are using them -- not to mention the tool itself.

My (and I believe Barry's) interest in this forum has nothing to do with our interest (or the lack thereof) in religion. The only reason I am here is to try to drive the point that you don't need to lie about science to justify your beliefs.

It's sort of a bully mentality.

Oh that's precious coming from someone who believes that those who don't think like him will get eternal flames in hell.

Upvote 0

Naraoia

Apprentice Biologist
Sep 30, 2007
On edge
Visit site
✟15,998.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
It looks like you have a LOT to learn about science. Because real Science goes a very long way to show that the claims of religion are far from unverifiable.
Well, for starters, the mentality of real science (as in, what scientists actually do) is not the kind that capitalises words to make them look bigger.

Just how much of what you believe can really be verified? It looks to me like you got it all backwards.
Your unverified opinion is noted :D

You reject what can be verified for what can not be verified. At least my experience is that God can deliver on what HE says HE can deliver on. Science does not deliver on what they claim they can deliver on. That is why I put my trust in God and not man made science.
Here we go again. I want to rant, but the last time I addressed this point it was just ignored. I'm kind of tired.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I think he knows we need the mind of Christ and the Divine thoughts of God. Nothing Human is going to save us.

Tell that to my dentist.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,888.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I think he knows we need the mind of Christ and the Divine thoughts of God. Nothing Human is going to save us.
He's got me mixed up with someone else.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,888.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
If you read his post you would realize that the loss of interest is the reason why he became an atheist, not the reason why he is here.
Who lost interest? Barry?

You can believe that if you want to, but you might want to go back and read my post again, scientist.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,888.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

CabVet

Question everything
Dec 7, 2011
Los Altos, CA
✟28,402.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Ya, Barry ... you really lost interest, didn't you?

QV please: 1

You might have CabVet fooled, but you don't have me fooled.

He is much more aggressive than most here, I will give you that, but I still don't think that he does that because he is interested in religion.

Every other post of yours is an insult to science and scientists. So, if I follow your logic, should I conclude that you are very interested in science?

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,888.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
He is much more aggressive than most here, I will give you that, but I still don't think that he does that because he is interested in religion.
You're entitled to your opinion.

Just don't expect your entitlement to be mine.
Every other post of yours is an insult to science and scientists.
It's about time, don't you think?
So, if I follow your logic, should I conclude that you are very interested in science?
I have my own reasons for seeming to be interested in science.

Upvote 0

Skaloop

Agnostic atheist, pro-choice anti-abortion
May 10, 2006
Burnaby
Visit site
✟29,046.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-NDP
Upvote 0

CabVet

Question everything
Dec 7, 2011
Los Altos, CA
✟28,402.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You're entitled to your opinion.

Just don't expect your entitlement to be mine.

Who am I to do that? I am not the one who threatens people with hell if they don't share my opinions.

It's about time, don't you think?

Of course it is, insulting people has always been the best way to witness Christianity. And by that I mean you would be much more successful in accomplishing whatever it is you are trying to accomplish here if you didn't belittle other so much.

I have my own reasons for seeming to be interested in science.

Good to know.

Anyhow, this has gone off-topic far enough. I am still waiting for this game to start.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,888.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Of course it is, insulting people has always been the best way to witness Christianity. And by that I mean you would be much more successful in accomplishing whatever it is you are trying to accomplish here if you didn't belittle other so much.
Ya ... Lucaspa and those like him have unbelievers flying to the Cross to get saved, don't they?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Ya ... Lucaspa and those like him have unbelievers flying to the Cross to get saved, don't they?

Indeed he has -- no need for you to be jealous.

Upvote 0

CabVet

Question everything
Dec 7, 2011
Los Altos, CA
✟28,402.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

I am not familiar with Lucaspa, but if his tactics are less aggressive than yours he certainly is bringing more people to his side.

Upvote 0

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
Originally Posted by AV1611VET
Indeed he has -- no need for you to be jealous.

Dear TLK, Where is Paul Lucas? I used to fight with him back in the 90s. Is he too old to post? Ask him if he remembers me? and then Duck. :D

In Love,
Aman

Upvote 0