Evolutionists: Lets play a game.

G

good brother

I am giving evolutionists an opportunity to debunk any creationists ideas they know to be patently false. I want to make this like a formal debate, but without the formalities. I do ask that you keep on topic and not take on an aggressive personally attacking mode. Any such posts that attack the messenger versus the actual message will be met with swift reporting.

Cheeky Monkey

Jun 11, 2013
✟16,348.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I am giving evolutionists an opportunity to debunk any creationists ideas they know to be patently false. I want to make this like a formal debate, but without the formalities. I do ask that you keep on topic and not take on an aggressive personally attacking mode. Any such posts that attack the messenger versus the actual message will be met with swift reporting.

I'll take "C14 dating is based on untested assumptions"

Upvote 0

Skaloop

Agnostic atheist, pro-choice anti-abortion
May 10, 2006
Burnaby
Visit site
✟29,046.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-NDP
That they use the rocks to date the fossils, and then the fossils to date the rocks.

Anything like the crocoduck.

That mutations cannot result in an increase of information.

That speciation has not been observed, and upon being presented with speciation events, saying something along the lines of "But they're still flies!"

I'd go on, but it will just be a big long list of PRATTs, which are points everyone here should already be familiar with since they've been RATT.

Upvote 0

EnemyOfReason

May 22, 2013
✟9,335.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
In Relationship
The oldest one is the assumption that Evolutionist believe that man evolved from monkeys which is entirely untrue.
We have similar ancestors but did not evolve from monkeys.

So the argument that "if evolution is true why are their still monkeys?" is entirely bogus.

Upvote 0

HitchSlap

PROUDLY PRIMATE
Aug 6, 2012
✟281,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Reactions: dlamberth
Upvote 0

BarryDesborough

Jul 11, 2010
France
✟1,473.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
The idea of a variable speed of light. Additional Topics - Supernova

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Cheeky Monkey

Jun 11, 2013
✟16,348.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
The oldest one is the assumption that Evolutionist believe that man evolved from monkeys which is entirely untrue.
We have similar ancestors but did not evolve from monkeys.

So the argument that "if evolution is true why are their still monkeys?" is entirely bogus.

I could be a pedant and dispute that. In cladistics we are nested within the clade colloquially known as monkeys. Since all members nested within a clade are of that clade, not only did we evolve from monkeys, we are monkeys (we are also hairy land fish :))

Reactions: EnemyOfReason
Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,888.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I could be a pedant and dispute that. In cladistics we are nested within the clade colloquially known as monkeys. Since all members nested within a clade are of that clade, not only did we evolve from monkeys, we are monkeys (we are also hairy land fish :))
So a fish can be a mammal, yet scientists eek & ook when I bring up the whale shark as a cryptid.

Hmmm...

Upvote 0

Cheeky Monkey

Jun 11, 2013
✟16,348.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
So a fish can be a mammal, yet scientists eek & ook when I bring up the whale shark as a cryptid.

Hmmm...

What do you mean by cryptid? And yes people eek and Ook when I say "so technically a dolphin is a fish". Eeking and ooking is all part of the fun of human interaction and more sanitary than picking off fleas and eating them.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BarryDesborough

Jul 11, 2010
France
✟1,473.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Oh, I clicked, but I was just asking you for a simple yes or no answer. Has any one person or group or groups of people slowed down, sped up, or otherwise adjusted the speed of light at any time ever?
Yes. Media and gravity have been shown to alter the speed of light, but not in any way or degree that could rescue YEC. Observations of pulsar rates and galactic spin rates directly falsify YEC.

WRT special creation, endogenous retroviruses knock that idea on the head. http://www.christianforums.com/t7748257/

Upvote 0

Skaloop

Agnostic atheist, pro-choice anti-abortion
May 10, 2006
Burnaby
Visit site
✟29,046.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-NDP
That does nothing to either prove or disprove anything other than bananas are yummy.

Except that when you understand that the bananas we eat, that Mr. Comfort thinks are such remarkable examples of intelligent design by a creator, are actually the result of long periods of artificial selection (AKA, evolution) and that the bananas that would have actually been created are not nearly as pleasing, appetizing, or practical as Mr. Comfort would have you believe. His argument for creation is actually evidence of evolution.

Upvote 0