Evolutionists: Lets play a game.

Lord Emsworth

Je ne suis pas une de vos élèves.
Oct 10, 2004
Through the cables and the underground ...
✟61,459.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Dear Lord Emsworth, The Bible is the Word (Jesus) who became flesh. When you love Jesus, you love His Holy Word.

An interesting fact about Scripture will help you to understand it. ALL of the stories are about Jesus. The trick is to find Jesus in the story. A good example is the Story of the good Samaritan.

An injured man was laying on the side of the road and a Priest walked by on the other side of the road. Then a Rabbi did the same. Then came a Samaritan who stopped and helped the injured man. Can you find Jesus in this story?

In Love,
Aman

LOL Did you know that when I was in kindergarten, way back when, I played Adam in a kind of skit? Betcha didn't.

ETA: If I make it to an old people's home, I plan to play Jesus in a similar skit. Promised.

Upvote 0

BarryDesborough

Jul 11, 2010
France
✟1,473.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Dear Lord Emsworth, The Bible is the Word (Jesus) who became flesh. When you love Jesus, you love His Holy Word.

An interesting fact about Scripture will help you to understand it. ALL of the stories are about Jesus. The trick is to find Jesus in the story. A good example is the Story of the good Samaritan.

An injured man was laying on the side of the road and a Priest walked by on the other side of the road. Then a Rabbi did the same. Then came a Samaritan who stopped and helped the injured man. Can you find Jesus in this story?

In Love,
Aman
In that story lies the negation of all the prejudices, hatred and political ambitions of the supposedly "Christian" American right. Christians, my hairy smelly [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse]. A r s e.

Upvote 0

Skaloop

Agnostic atheist, pro-choice anti-abortion
May 10, 2006
Burnaby
Visit site
✟29,046.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-NDP

In Love,
Aman

Jesus is the injured man, seeking out those who are good towards their fellow man.

Or Jesus is the priest, spreading the Lord's message.

Or Jesus is the rabbi, since Jesus was Jewish.

Or Jesus is the Samaritan, who helps those in need.

Or Jesus is the road, the path to salvation.

Or Jesus is the injury, representing His suffering on the cross.

Upvote 0

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
LOL Did you know that when I was in kindergarten, way back when, I played Adam in a kind of skit? Betcha didn't.

ETA: If I make it to an old people's home, I plan to play Jesus in a similar skit. Promised.

Dear Lord Emsworth, Amen. Good luck to you.

In Love,
Aman

Upvote 0

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
Jesus is the injured man, seeking out those who are good towards their fellow man.

Or Jesus is the priest, spreading the Lord's message.

Or Jesus is the rabbi, since Jesus was Jewish.

Or Jesus is the Samaritan, who helps those in need.

Or Jesus is the road, the path to salvation.

Or Jesus is the injury, representing His suffering on the cross.

Dear Skaloop, Amen, very good, but another message is that Jesus was ignored by the Priests and Rabbis but helped by the Samaritan who was considered a Dog by the Religionists of his day. In the analogy, Gentiles helped the injured Jesus, by accepting Him and helping Him.

You have taught us many more ways to find Jesus in the stories in the Bible. Thank you very much.

In Love,
Aman

Upvote 0

Skaloop

Agnostic atheist, pro-choice anti-abortion
May 10, 2006
Burnaby
Visit site
✟29,046.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-NDP
Dear Skaloop, Amen, very good, but another message is that Jesus was ignored by the Priests and Rabbis but helped by the Samaritan who was considered a Dog by the Religionists of his day. In the analogy, Gentiles helped the injured Jesus, by accepting Him and helping Him.

You have taught us many more ways to find Jesus in the stories in the Bible. Thank you very much.

In Love,
Aman

What I did, actually, was show that you can find Jesus in pretty much any part of any story (biblical or otherwise) in a way that can be used to support your point. Which doesn't make finding Jesus in a Biblical story all that special.

Seriously, I could go through The Lord of the Rings and find countless things that are representative of Darth Vader. Frodo was a young man who was for a time corrupted by a force, but in the end redeemed himself - Darth Vader. Sauron was an evil overseer intent on ruling over all others - Darth Vader. The one ring tempts good people to do evil, but is unable to tempt one valiant farmboy - Darth Vader. Smeagol becomes Gollum after being corrupted by the dark force of the ring, becoming disfigured due to his desires, but in the end dies such that the evil within him dies also - Darth Vader.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Davian

fallible
May 30, 2011
West Coast of Canada
✟38,603.00
Faith
Ignostic
Marital Status
Married
Has AVET forgot that Noah's Ark was a myth again?

AV, does ice float in your world? If so Noah's Flood had to occur more than 200,000 years ago.

No, ice didn't float before the flood.

Or was that it didn't rain?

Anything is possible, I guess.

^_^

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

So the Bible is Jesus -- your idolatry is noted.

The story of the Good Samaritan was a story Jesus himself told in order to prove a point -- of course He's in it, in a manner of speaking.

In fact, that's one of my favorite parables -- Plenty of Christians could benefit from living it.

I can tell you where he wasn't -- in the hearts of the people who claimed the loudest to be his representatives on Earth.

Sound familiar?

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,888.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I can tell you where he wasn't -- in the hearts of the people who claimed the loudest to be his representatives on Earth.

You mean like those who were here just recently, who wrote like this?
Of course, looking back to that time, I wish I would have had the knowledge and wisdom to have said to them: "God has already answered our questions about such things within his creation. God blessed us with enormous volumes of evidence which explain the history of the earth and the diversification of living things through evolutionary processes over millions of years. God established the laws of physics and those evolutionary processes so that the biosphere could develop according to his plan. God is not like a human engineer who must continually tweak and repair and maintain his inventions. Instead, God created a universe which would abound with life and continue to adapt to new environments and produce new varieties attuned to changing. [As the scientist summarized in the Jurassic Park movie, "Life finds a way."] And yes, such a "system" includes extinctions and even anatomical features which run their course and become "vestigial." We who are Christ-followers realize that God did these things because we "read" the evidence he gave us within his creation and within his Bible. Only those with a weak-and-limited-god insist on ignoring God's answers in Creation."

One of the many reasons why I'm no longer a young earth creationist is I learned enough about creation and about the Biblical text to out-grow the tiny and limited deity of the "creation science" entrepreneurs who have built the American young earth creationism industry. They refuse to believe the evidence which God has provided within Creation and follow the example of the first century Pharisees who opposed Jesus: they attribute the wonders of evolutionary processes to Satan and "atheists." And they did so while claiming that ONLY THEY spoke for God!

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
You mean like those who were here just recently, who wrote like this?

No -- they have a level of humility that many more Christians need.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Non sequitur

Wokest Bae Of The Forum
Jul 2, 2011
Oklahoma City, OK
✟45,780.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
If I didn't have any claims, I would be ... what's that technical term? dead?

Doing less mental gymnastics and making fewer fallacies.

The answer is, doing less mental gymnastics and making fewer fallacies.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,888.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You seem to mistake details for decibels -- that's OK, AV... we forgive you.
Details don't violate the rules ... decibels do.

When I threatened to report him for yelling, he suddenly had to move on.

I don't need your forgiveness.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
In that story lies the negation of all the prejudices, hatred and political ambitions of the supposedly "Christian" American right. Christians, my hairy smelly [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse]. A r s e.

Again, a dispassionate scientist who does no research before publishing?

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No, ice didn't float before the flood.
Or was that it didn't rain?
Anything is possible, I guess.

The scriptural indications are that it didn't "rain" as we know it.

Upvote 0