Evolution (or like) that is trained to respond to false positives, is a stronger Evolution (or like)

How many false positives can you tolerate, before you are forced to start again?

• One.

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Two.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Few.

• A number.

• A great number.

• Many.

• Too many to count.

• Too many to categorize.

• Too many to justify.

• Total voters

Gottservant

God loves your words, may men love them also
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
Hi there,

So indeed, there is a question here of whether Evoutionists are identifying anything new, now that they have a semblance of a theory - that is supposed to identify relevant change (wrong?)? In principle, any theory at all, benefits from responding to what are called "false positives" - if they are to be engaged for any significant length of time. The idea is that every so often you throw something into the mix which is positively not identified by the theory, to see if those using the said theory are ready: to tell the difference between the real, and the disingenuine. If you are aware that somethings are disingenuine, you do not attempt to respond to them as if they are real!

Ok so what we have with Evolution, is that it isn't very good at identifying what it doesn't do, because it is presumed to be responsible for everything. Other theories distinguish themselves from false positives, by limiting their sphere of influence (like "oh, that's biology, that's different from chemistry") or staying close to the known (like archeology searches around where existing sites have been found). Other theories like Creation, assume there is a scapegoat, which accounts for all the false positives put together - the aim is to think as little of the scapegoat as you can, thus encouraging you to put false positives associated with the scapegoat behind you. Then again there is religious use of the false positive "the Zen koan" which is a kind of false positive for the mind. The point is that when these things are put in practice, you actively need to remain on guard, but Evolution doesn't do this.

What we come up against, is the idea that Evolution can identify that false positives make it stronger, but still not know how to identify one in Evolution's context. That is the challenge I am putting to you: how would you respond (not just identify) to a false positive, in Evolution's context. If you evolved a false positive, what would happen? Can you understand that readiness to respond to a false positive, puts you outside the working sphere of Evolution, as it stands? I want you to be able to respond to a false positive, but to do that you have to offer a foundation, for that response. This is the difficulty that Jesus faced when preaching to people who had no desire for the love of God - for Him, believers in themselves were a false positive, which only warranted a limited response.

The question is, realistically, whether it is a false positive believer or false positive scapegoat, how much stronger can readiness for false positives make a theory like Evolution? I mean it is not something you can just give up, until a perfect response is achieved, that takes too long - even by Evolution's standards. How much stronger? In the Christian faith, the Bible talks about identifying your readiness to respond to false positives, the way a soldier would, wearing armour and speaking under command. Jesus said "watch out for wolves in sheep's clothing" (gospels, from memory), in other words "watch out for false positives, that look like a contribution to the theory you believe (but are not)". How much stronger do you want Evolution to be? Can you see that being ready for false positives would help that?

I'm not trying to change the theory, I'm trying to expand it. Once you have a foundation, then you can start to identify agency and the ways it works in the confines of the theory. I already have thanks from God, trying to help you expand your theory, I don't need to be thanked. What I am asking for is a conversation that capitalizes on the wealth of meaning that can be found in the words of the Son of God, especially when the outcome is unknown, especially.

Peace in Jesus.

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟351,323.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Scientists are very good at identifying what evolution doesn't do. For example: every thread you make where you claim your personal version of 'evolution' does something, they know it doesn't do it.

So does anyone who actually knows a damn thing about science.

Upvote 0

Gottservant

God loves your words, may men love them also
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
Scientists are very good at identifying what evolution doesn't do. For example: every thread you make where you claim your personal version of 'evolution' does something, they know it doesn't do it.

So does anyone who actually knows a damn thing about science.

Oh, so you are grateful?

Upvote 0

Frank Robert

Feb 18, 2021
KW
✟127,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hi there,

So indeed, there is a question here of whether Evoutionists are identifying anything new, now that they have a semblance of a theory - that is supposed to identify relevant change (wrong?)? In principle, any theory at all, benefits from responding to what are called "false positives" - if they are to be engaged for any significant length of time. The idea is that every so often you throw something into the mix which is positively not identified by the theory, to see if those using the said theory are ready: to tell the difference between the real, and the disingenuine. If you are aware that somethings are disingenuine, you do not attempt to respond to them as if they are real!

Ok so what we have with Evolution, is that it isn't very good at identifying what it doesn't do, because it is presumed to be responsible for everything. Other theories distinguish themselves from false positives, by limiting their sphere of influence (like "oh, that's biology, that's different from chemistry") or staying close to the known (like archeology searches around where existing sites have been found). Other theories like Creation, assume there is a scapegoat, which accounts for all the false positives put together - the aim is to think as little of the scapegoat as you can, thus encouraging you to put false positives associated with the scapegoat behind you. Then again there is religious use of the false positive "the Zen koan" which is a kind of false positive for the mind. The point is that when these things are put in practice, you actively need to remain on guard, but Evolution doesn't do this.

What we come up against, is the idea that Evolution can identify that false positives make it stronger, but still not know how to identify one in Evolution's context. That is the challenge I am putting to you: how would you respond (not just identify) to a false positive, in Evolution's context. If you evolved a false positive, what would happen? Can you understand that readiness to respond to a false positive, puts you outside the working sphere of Evolution, as it stands? I want you to be able to respond to a false positive, but to do that you have to offer a foundation, for that response. This is the difficulty that Jesus faced when preaching to people who had no desire for the love of God - for Him, believers in themselves were a false positive, which only warranted a limited response.

The question is, realistically, whether it is a false positive believer or false positive scapegoat, how much stronger can readiness for false positives make a theory like Evolution? I mean it is not something you can just give up, until a perfect response is achieved, that takes too long - even by Evolution's standards. How much stronger? In the Christian faith, the Bible talks about identifying your readiness to respond to false positives, the way a soldier would, wearing armour and speaking under command. Jesus said "watch out for wolves in sheep's clothing" (gospels, from memory), in other words "watch out for false positives, that look like a contribution to the theory you believe (but are not)". How much stronger do you want Evolution to be? Can you see that being ready for false positives would help that?

I'm not trying to change the theory, I'm trying to expand it. Once you have a foundation, then you can start to identify agency and the ways it works in the confines of the theory. I already have thanks from God, trying to help you expand your theory, I don't need to be thanked. What I am asking for is a conversation that capitalizes on the wealth of meaning that can be found in the words of the Son of God, especially when the outcome is unknown, especially.

Peace in Jesus.
Another excellent demonstration of beginning with a conclusion and throwing mud against the wall.
Throw enough mud at the wall and some of it will stick.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,409.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Hi there,

Peace in Jesus.

Satan is the one who creates all the false positives (lies).

Upvote 0

Shemjaza

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2006
✟927,759.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Greens
Why are you all so rude to gott? If you don't like what he posts then.....
Gottservant repeatedly posts false statements and has been unable to learn when people explain the errors.

It's not simply a matter of disagreeing with the conclusion, it's the complete unwillingness to engage on the alleged topic of discussion.

Upvote 0

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟419,427.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You make a point there @GS. There are wolves out there. They don’t need scientific evidence to tear into you. It’s kinda funny really. Their poor empirical minds. Your pure spiritual mind. They seem convicted by your truth, but they can’t make mince meat out of you. Just like Jesus.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,911,755.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Why are you all so rude to gott? If you don't like what he posts then.....
Academia breeds hostility.

It creates a near zero tolerance for someone who doesn't accept hard data, even if the person isn't accepting their hard data for spiritual reasons.

Once you're told you're wrong -- (and "shown wrong" with charts, graphs, and whatnot) -- any repetition of your point(s) will become abrasive to them, as they'll assume you're not listening, too dumb to understand, too obstinate, brainwashed, or some other such assumption.

Reactions: Unqualified
Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟354,665.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Academia breeds hostility.

It creates a near zero tolerance for someone who doesn't accept hard data, even if the person isn't accepting their hard data for spiritual reasons.

Once you're told you're wrong -- (and "shown wrong" with charts, graphs, and whatnot) -- any repetition of your point(s) will become abrasive to them, as they'll assume you're not listening, too dumb to understand, too obstinate, brainwashed, or some other such assumption.
Makes no sense to me why you come back. Glutton for punishment? Or you like being mean? My mom always said, if you can't say something nice.....I must say I sometimes forget. I'll give you that:)

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,911,755.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Makes no sense to me why you come back.
Three words: The Great Commission
returntosender said:
Glutton for punishment? Or you like being mean?
I'm more of a confrontational sort of guy.

I am nice at times, believe it or not.

Here is a thread I once started, in which I refused to say anything bad about science:

Science as a Blessing

Notice it got shut down though, due to rule violations. :(

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Shemjaza

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2006
✟927,759.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Greens
Well then, now he knows why. So why do you come back to his posts?
My impression is that Gottservant is not stupid or deliberately trolling so I haven't totally given up on attempting to communicate some kind of understanding on a topic that is clearly important to them.

I also dislike leaving false statements and lies about science or my beliefs stand.

(To be clear, I do not think Gottservant is deliberately lying, but their personal problems leave them inadvertently and repeatedly making false statements about others).

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟354,665.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
My impression is that Gottservant is not stupid or deliberately trolling so I haven't totally given up on attempting to communicate some kind of understanding on a topic that is clearly important to them.

I also dislike leaving false statements and lies about science or my beliefs stand.

(To be clear, I do not think Gottservant is deliberately lying, but their personal problems leave them inadvertently and repeatedly making false statements about others).
I don't believe he means them to be factual statements. I think he throws things out there that he's trying to figure out, hoping someone will come up with something to solve his mystery.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,669.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Gottservant repeatedly posts false statements and has been unable to learn when people explain the errors.

It's not simply a matter of disagreeing with the conclusion, it's the complete unwillingness to engage on the alleged topic of discussion.

For some reason, it's hard to dislike the guy, as muddled as he seems to be sometimes. Sometimes, I think "he can't really be thinking that." And then it seems that he really is.

Upvote 0