Amsterdam
✟4,632.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
In Relationship
It’s like arguing with someone who says that Joseph Stalin killed Abraham Lincoln because pies are fish.

Where do you even start?

The people who actually accept free will is real intellectually, are the same people who keep freedom of opinion, democracy, and regard for the individual alive. You owe much to creationists.

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
The people who actually accept free will is real intellectually, are the same people who keep freedom of opinion, democracy, and regard for the individual alive. You owe much to creationists.
It is the other way around. Right now it is the creationists that oppose logical thought and freedom of opinion.

• Agree
Reactions: tyke
Upvote 0

sfs

Jun 30, 2003
Massachusetts
✟342,516.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It’s like arguing with someone who says that Joseph Stalin killed Abraham Lincoln because pies are fish.

Where do you even start?
Some things aren't worth even trying.

Upvote 0

Bungle_Bear

Whoot!
Mar 6, 2011
✟254,540.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
That's what I said, I am not debating free will, so provide me with someone who straightforwardly accepts free will to debate with. I cannot make argument with someone who is emotionally triggered whenever choice is referred to as a reality of physics.
You appear to be saying you'll only debate with somebody who already agrees with you. What, specifically, are you going to debate? :scratch:

Upvote 0

Nando Ronteltap

Apr 2, 2019
Amsterdam
✟4,632.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
In Relationship
According to you they are not chosen, they choose themselves. You don't understand your own assertions, do you?

You could argue that. But you don't have a clue about how anything is chosen in the universe. This is really important knowledge.

Upvote 0

Bungle_Bear

Whoot!
Mar 6, 2011
✟254,540.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
You could argue that. But you don't have a clue about how anything is chosen in the universe. This is really important knowledge.
You say it's really important knowledge, yet you refuse to explain what you mean by it and now you admit that you don't understand it yourself. You even repeated the "chosen" vs "choose" mistake.

Tell me, why should anyone take you and your baseless assertions seriously?

Upvote 0

Ophiolite

Recalcitrant Procrastinating Ape
Nov 12, 2008
✟241,002.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Macroevolution has never been successfully duplicated in the lab.
Are you aware of any attempts to duplicate it in the lab? If there have been no attempts then the failure is assured.

If a laboratory experiment had demonstrated it in the case of microbes, I suspect your response would be "but they are still microbes".

If the experiment were attempted with multicellular organisms insufficient time has elapsed for macroevolution to have occurred.

Thus your statement is a specious attempt to cloud the issue.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums