Sep 25, 2009
✟16,224.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Silly source, so now scientists are silly.........ok, if you say so!

You seem to have fixation with the idea that ideas have merit on the basis of who proposed them.

Maybe you'd like to review Argument from authority - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I do find it ironic that your defending scientists now against what you imagine is a character assassination considering you typically consider them fraudulent hacks and try and dismiss everything they produce.

Upvote 0

thaumaturgy

Nov 17, 2006
✟12,333.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Does that include the Christians, AV, that don't agree with you on this one? All the Christians working in NASA, in science labs?

Christians? At NASA? How did that happen? I thought peer review would weed them out! I am pretty sure a serious investigation will ensue!

NOTE TO AV AND HAWK: Many, many christians are scientists. It causes them no problem.

This is highly rich coming from someone who will literally say anything he can think of at any opportunity to make scientists look bad, including those who are his brothers in Christ, and then will about-face and claim they are a gift from God.
A gift form God whose calling he just recently compared to alcohol and drug abuse.

Upvote 0

nChrist

AKA: Tom - Saved By Grace Through Faith
Supporter
Mar 21, 2003
Oklahoma, USA
✟879,660.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Is it a fact like the Global Warning hoax? Science has become more and more political because this is how they get money for research. Nothing you have stated proves anything more than the FACT you worship nature instead of God. That's why atheism is just a man-made-up word and the Bible ignores it because it is impossible to be. EVERYONE worships something...sorry to disappoint.

I am not a mammal and I do not belong to the animal kingdom nor am I related to anything else in the universe.

Men make up lots of things for vanity, personal recognition, and pure greed.

"The number of intermediate varieties which have formerly existed on earth must be truly enormous. Why then is not every geological formation and every stratum full of such intermediate links? Geology assuredly does not reveal any such finely graduated organic chain; and this, perhaps, is the most obvious and gravest objection which can be urged against my theory." - Charles Darwin 1902 edition.

Upvote 0

laconicstudent

Sep 25, 2009
✟16,224.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat

Are you condemning the modern Creationist movement? The Greed part reminds me of this, certainly Creation Museum - Creation, Evolution, Science, Dinosaurs, Family, Christian Worldview | Creation Museum

"The number of intermediate varieties which have formerly existed on earth must be truly enormous. Why then is not every geological formation and every stratum full of such intermediate links? Geology assuredly does not reveal any such finely graduated organic chain; and this, perhaps, is the most obvious and gravest objection which can be urged against my theory." - Charles Darwin 1902 edition.

Good job quoting a man dead over 100 years. ^_^

Of course, no matter what you like pretending, science actually has advanced since 1902. Your implication that it hasn't is positively hysterical. Since Darwin's death, we have found exactly what he spoke of. Their called "Transition Fossils". You may have heard of them. :ahah:

Upvote 0

Cabal

Jul 22, 2007
London
✟30,012.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats

This AFTER a multi-page discussion about quote-mining.

EPIC fail.

Upvote 0

Cabal

Jul 22, 2007
London
✟30,012.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
But this one is from your hero and god - the object of your faith.

Quote-mining is still quote-mining, no matter who it's from.

And nice job maintaining the moral high ground you have there, breaking forum rules, accusing people of worshipping people they don't worship. Stellar. You guys are really doing a fantastic job.

Upvote 0

Cabal

Jul 22, 2007
London
✟30,012.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Christians? At NASA? How did that happen? I thought peer review would weed them out! I am pretty sure a serious investigation will ensue!

NOTE TO AV AND HAWK: Many, many christians are scientists. It causes them no problem.

Can we add oohlookwhatabigguni'vegot, sorry, 357magnum to that list? He seems to be having difficulty with the same concept?

A gift form God whose calling he just recently compared to alcohol and drug abuse.

I called it the intellectual equivalent to beating your wife and then claiming you love her for a reason.....

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

thaumaturgy

Nov 17, 2006
✟12,333.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

Interesting. Wrong, but interesting. I don't believe in evolution because some bearded brit told me to. I believe in evolution because more than a century's worth of evidence has born out and developed the concept rather robustly.

I think it's telling that Creationists can't understand the world except through the lens of "command and control", "unquestioning faith-based dogma".

Upvote 0

Sanguis

Nov 14, 2009
✟597.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship

Darwin is neither our hero, nor is he our god or the object of our faith. He was simply a very observant, very intelligent man.

As said before that was 100 years ago. Way to keep up to date.

You took a quote from Darwin, took it completely out of context and used it to mean the exact opposite of the point the whole text is putting across. That's call quote mining. It's nothing but dishonest slander, and I highly suggest you refrain from it, if you want any hope whatsoever of any of us taking you seriously.

When put into context, it shows that Darwin didn't understand certain aspects of his conclusion. That's to be expected, he was the first to notice it and record it, to expect him to understand evolution fully, or even to the extent we understand it now, is incredibly stupid. 100 years later, the things that he didn't understand are now understood.

Now, stop trying to be condescending. It just doesn't work when you're as wrong as you are.

Upvote 0

Nathan Poe

Sep 21, 2002
United States
✟41,319.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat

And thus was born organized religion.

Funny thing -- we've been digging up a lot of those intermediate varieties since Darwin.

See? It helps to get your scientific knowledge from the current century.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

gipsy

Jan 23, 2009
✟44,773.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single

Of course everybody is right with saying this is quote-mining, but why doesn't anybody simply show the the next sentence of this quote???

Here it is:
"The explanation lies, as I believe, in the extreme imperfection of the geological record."

[edit]
link: http://www.bartleby.com/11/1001.html
[/edit]

Upvote 0

Cabal

Jul 22, 2007
London
✟30,012.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Upvote 0