Veteran
May 21, 2004
NC, USA
✟21,162.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
It is a negative. What you are asking for is as vacuous as the old "prove my god does not exist" rhetoric. Same stuff, shovelled into a new pile.
No we are asking you to prove designs in nature that man is using to improve our designs are illusions. Illusion is something by default that can be proven.

Upvote 0

Davian

fallible
May 30, 2011
West Coast of Canada
✟38,603.00
Faith
Ignostic
Marital Status
Married
His statement has yet to be falsified. Do you science much?

Apparently Dawkins made an unscientific claim.
That you are unable to falsify it does not mean is it is unfalsifiable. All you need to do is show him that this "designer" of yours actually exists.

^_^

Upvote 0

Davian

fallible
May 30, 2011
West Coast of Canada
✟38,603.00
Faith
Ignostic
Marital Status
Married
No we are asking you to prove designs in nature that man is using to improve our designs <snip>
That is a different set of goalposts. I don't know of anyone that disputes that we learn from observations of world around us and the critters in it.

Upvote 0

justlookinla

Mar 31, 2014
✟20,665.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It is a negative. What you are asking for is as vacuous as the old "prove my god does not exist" rhetoric. Same stuff, shovelled into a new pile.

No, it's not a negative. Dawkins made the positive claim of illusion.

Now prove it, offer the evidence.

Upvote 0

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic
All known IC systems that is known to man requires a designer and we have no examples to prove otherwise.

We are talking about the unknown ones. Where is your evidence that those were created by a designer?

Design in nature doesn't just appear to be designed they are in fact designed so much so we can reverse engineer many of these designs. Man study of designs found in nature is helping to improving our computers.

Why does something need to be designed by an intelligent designer in order to be reverse engineered?

Upvote 0

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic
They are so much design found in nature that man can copy and learn from them to improve our designs. You don't get better evidence than that.

Why do they need to be designed by an intelligence in order for us to learn from them?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

snoopy500

Revelation 21:6- I am Alpha and Omega
May 14, 2015
Toronto
✟79,492.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-NDP
MOD HAT ON
d6v13SE.jpg

Thread has been permanently closed due too it is turning into a General Apologetics thread.
MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.