Evolution 101

Satoshi

Mar 21, 2002
Visit site
✟774.00
Amazing! It takes a handful of posters to object to randman's ideas, and he sweeps them all away with this gem:
Originally posted by randman
Yawn.
How could any of you doubt the Truth (TM) of randman's arguments now? I, personally, am in awe of randman's genius and efficiency.

Upvote 0

seebs

God Made Me A Skeptic
Apr 9, 2002
Saint Paul, MN
Visit site
✟55,225.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Yawn.

The old why did God argument. That's real scientific.
But I already answered you with the artist analogy.

So, God is a photorealist, who always makes each species at a time and place, and with genetic material, consistent with the theory of evolution?

It's weird, but I can't disprove it; I just see no reason to believe it.

Upvote 0

seebs

God Made Me A Skeptic
Apr 9, 2002
Saint Paul, MN
Visit site
✟55,225.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Originally posted by LouisBooth
"Hmm. So, why exactly did God make species that we've never seen except in fossils? Are you saying He lies to us?"

*chuckles* they die out...?

Before we ever see them, or describe anything like them? Given that adam named all the beasts, it seems a bit weird that Hebrew didn't have a word for "polor bear".

Upvote 0

randman

May 28, 2002
Visit site
✟1,433.00
The only reason it is consistent with evolutionary theory is due to the extreme elasticity of evolutionary theory. Think about what you wrote. You actually beleive that for God to create species in a time and place is evidence for evolution, that somehow God would not create in a time and place. One thing Genesis is clear on is that not all creatures wer e created at the same time.
As far as DNA, that gets into another thread, but you would expect living systems to be similar, and species farther apart in similarity to be farther apart genetically.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
maybe so. How do you know there weren't polar bears in the garden? It all changed after adam's sin, but this is off topic..so lets not go off on a tangent.

Pure nonesense. This is a world where death and suffering are unavoidable needs. Not some fairy land where we frolocked hand in hand with flesh eating dinosaurs hippity hopping to through some magical garden into the great emerald city where we eat magic apples and converse with magical talking pythons.

Upvote 0

randman

May 28, 2002
Visit site
✟1,433.00
Zadok, duh! DNA is consistent with creationism.

"Before we ever see them, or describe anything like them? Given that adam named all the beasts, it seems a bit weird that Hebrew didn't have a word for "polor bear"."

Seebs, puulleeasssee, think before opeing mouth.

1. Who said Adam spoke Hebrew.
2. Some creationists, are you aware, do not believe polar bears existed at the same time as Adam but evolved (within a kind) from a parent species of bear on the Ark. I think you are just a little unaware of what creationists beleive.
I myself am not sure if YEC, or OEC, is correct, but as i was taught evolution, I generally stick to bashing that.

Upvote 0

seebs

God Made Me A Skeptic
Apr 9, 2002
Saint Paul, MN
Visit site
✟55,225.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

2. Some creationists, are you aware, do not believe polar bears existed at the same time as Adam but evolved (within a kind) from a parent species of bear on the Ark. I think you are just a little unaware of what creationists beleive.
I myself am not sure if YEC, or OEC, is correct, but as i was taught evolution, I generally stick to bashing that.

Even though you clearly don't understand it. :)

OEC is just plain stupid. YEC is at least justifiable by faith, even if it's bad science. OEC is not even remotely plausible; sure, it *COULD* be true, but OEC is as plausible as Last-Tuesdayism.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

seebs

God Made Me A Skeptic
Apr 9, 2002
Saint Paul, MN
Visit site
✟55,225.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Originally posted by Zadok
A question for creationists...

Can you people logically, rationally explain where evil came from if the universe was created by a perfect all powerful, all loving god?

This is a question for general apologetics; it has nothing to do with evolution or creationism.

Upvote 0
This is a question for general apologetics; it has nothing to do with evolution or creationism.

Really? It has everything to do with these topics. With this question we could drop into human psychology and the evolution therof. We can even drop into social darwinism and our animalistic behaviorism.

Upvote 0