Wales
✟112,799.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Married
Peacemaker1 I know you have a good heart and are doing what you feel is right, but you are spamming my thread with scripture... and scripture that doesn't directly answer the question I asked.
I'm not a Christian, though I might be one day... but by dumping verse after verse, post after post, basically debating other Christians.. you are not helping me.
The purpose of this thread is to help me in my exploration, it is not a talking shop for you to push what you want to push.
Please stop taking over my threads with answers that I am not asking for. Please debate the Christians on the Christian only forum sections, and please respect the spirit and purpose of this part of the forum.
This part of the forum is for non-Christians to ask simple questions and get simple answers.
Getting scores of unexplained Bible verses is not helping... It is also disrespectful... and kinda manic!
As as been suggested to you... why not start your own thread, I'm sure there are some hardcore Christians up for a bit of debate with you.
I don't mind a bit of debate, but on a level that I can understand and is of use to me in the context of the questions that concern me.
Please stop hijacking and changing topics... I'm getting really annoyed with you for it, it's not fair, and is hindering my learning on this forum.
I'm not really sure if you are considering me, and think you are helping, or if you just want to push your own style of debate wherever you can... But I'm asking you... Please, please, please.. STOP.

Upvote 0

Peacemaker1

Jul 1, 2023
North
✟17,519.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Please stop hijacking and changing topics... I'm getting really annoyed with you for it, it's not fair, and is hindering my learning on this forum.
I'm not really sure if you are considering me, and think you are helping, or if you just want to push your own style of debate wherever you can... But I'm asking you... Please, please, please.. STOP.
When we hear the scripture of life, they are living words, not just words, that can save our soul, we live by every word of them, they speak to us, we just have to listen, and for example, we are instructed for all things relevant, ( never out of context) such as when we get really annoyed, we are reminded why we need to stop ourselves with our body and spirit on earth, because the wrath of God comes on the children of disobedience for those things.

But now we put off anger and that wrath through it, no malice, no blasphemy, ( as this exploring Christianity is used for) no more filthy communications, no lying, as we cast off that type of old man, and put on the new man, who sincerely explores Christianity, to be renewed in knowledge after the image of Christ, who created us, as Christ is all and in all.

Colossians 3:5 Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry:
6 For which things' sake the wrath of God cometh on the children of disobedience:
7 In the which ye also walked some time, when ye lived in them.
8 But now ye also put off all these; anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy communication out of your mouth.
9 Lie not one to another, seeing that ye have put off the old man with his deeds;
10 And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him:
11 Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: but Christ is all, and in all.

Upvote 0

Peacemaker1

Jul 1, 2023
North
✟17,519.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As as been suggested to you... why not start your own thread, I'm sure there are some hardcore Christians up for a bit of debate with you.
I don't mind a bit of debate, but on a level that I can understand and is of use to me in the context of the questions that concern me.
As for debate, that is a sign for the end of the world, but we are to all be of the same mind and judgement, that is the answers we have in Christianity, there are no other answers.

Romans 1:28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:
32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

1 Corinthians 1:10 Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.

Philippians 2:2 Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind.

Upvote 0