Wales
✟112,799.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Married
People under the influence of evil, or groups that have an evil motivation..

How significant are these people in how our lives are shaped. How much influence is actually happening in society.
How do you recognise evil people and groups? What do you look out for?

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟325,351.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single

How significant are these people in how our lives are shaped. How much influence is actually happening in society.

Evil people have a lot of influence on our lives. Especially those who get away with doing evil. Someone inflicting some harm on you will likely cause you to want to retaliate and "repay evil for evil". But then those who commit evil, even though it is not directed at you, may cause you to lose heart and begin to do evil to get whatever it is you want out of it. Sort of "everybody's doing it why shouldn't I"?

But for the most part it's easy to recognize an evil person. An evil person is someone who commits evil. Think of some mafioso who lives his life through crime. If you read the old testament you'll see that those are the types that God truly hates. See Isaiah 59. Then again there are those whose evil is not as easy to recognize. Those are the ones you have to be careful of.

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟691,735.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

There is more than one core question here so I'll attempt to answer them both.

As a Christian the first issue is that we find the answers to basic right and wrong good and evil from the Bible which we can extrapolate into action in our daily lives.

Anyone or anything that is not aligned with Scripture is "evil"... Which pretty much covers everyone.

So then you look at yourself. First remove the log from your own eye, as Jesus teaches us. So we look inward and work on our own sin and develop a greater relationship with God as our sin is overcome.

Though still imperfect, at this point we can look outward in order to discern a greater truth about others as well as the world around us, from a perspective that is more in line with God's Word and Will...

To answer your question as to how significant evil is in this world in shaping everything - it's far far more significant than you realize, to the extent the majority cannot even recognize evil at all.

Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟31,111.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
To answer your question as to how significant evil is in this world in shaping everything - it's far far more significant than you realize, to the extent the majority cannot even recognize evil at all.
Just follow the money. Corporations, government and media to name a few is stealing people's wealth, health and deceiving the public.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,482.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Everything in our lives is influenced by evil, from our driving habits to our governments, for it is we mankind that is evil, simply because we put our will ahead of the will of God. We focus on self benefit rather than of goodwill to all. It is our selfishness that creates all evil in the world as evidenced by the few examples God gives of things we should definitely not do as a primer to this backwards reality, the state of our minds. God gives us exam[les of both what we shouldn't and what we should do, but we act accordingly only if there is some benefit for us, entirely missing the point. We even take the good news about God overcoming the evil He has faced in His creations even before man's existence, and made it about what's in it for us instead.

Upvote 0

Peacemaker1

Jul 1, 2023
North
✟17,519.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There is more than one core question here so I'll attempt to answer them both.

As a Christian the first issue is that we find the answers to basic right and wrong good and evil from the Bible which we can extrapolate into action in our daily lives.

Anyone or anything that is not aligned with Scripture is "evil"... Which pretty much covers everyone.

So then you look at yourself. First remove the log from your own eye, as Jesus teaches us. So we look inward and work on our own sin and develop a greater relationship with God as our sin is overcome.

Though still imperfect, at this point we can look outward in order to discern a greater truth about others as well as the world around us, from a perspective that is more in line with God's Word and Will...

That is not taught in scripture, to look at ourselves, we are to look at the examples we have, which are perfect examples in scripture, not to take away from scripture by stating that we are imperfect examples, and excusing sin, which has been overcome by Jesus Christ, and this is how we overcome the world, told below..

John 16:33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

2 Timothy 4:5 But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.
6 For I am now ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is at hand.
7 I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith:
8 Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.

1 John 5:4 For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.

1 John 5:5 Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟691,735.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
That is not taught in scripture, to look at ourselves, we are to look at the examples we have, which are perfect examples in scripture, not to take away from scripture by stating that we are imperfect examples, and excusing sin, which has been overcome by Jesus Christ, and this is how we overcome the world, told below..

John 16:33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

2 Timothy 4:5 But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.
6 For I am now ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is at hand.
7 I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith:
8 Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.

1 John 5:4 For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.

1 John 5:5 Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?

Do you just want to argue with me?

We could perhaps create a separate thread so as not to take this one off topic...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Peacemaker1

Jul 1, 2023
North
✟17,519.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do you just want to argue with me?

We could perhaps create a separate thread so as not to take this one off topic...

I believe in total depravity, and it seems you might be discussing sinless perfection....

It would make an interesting thread .. lol
nah, just have a few verses for your learning..

Colossians 3:12 Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering;
13 Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye.
14 And above all these things put on charity, which is the bond of perfectness.

Ephesians 4:13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:
14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;
15 But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:

1 Corinthians 13:4 Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,
5 Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;
6 Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;
7 Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.
8 Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.

1 Corinthians 13:10 But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.

Hebrews 9:11 But Christ being come an high priest of good things to come, by a greater and more perfect tabernacle, not made with hands, that is to say, not of this building;

Upvote 0

Peacemaker1

Jul 1, 2023
North
✟17,519.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
people reading this thread, this forum is a perfect example of the world, satan is as an angel of light, so we can only look to the true light, to not be fooled thinking satan is God, and that satans ministers speak for God.

Matthew 23:12 And whosoever shall exalt himself shall be abased; and he that shall humble himself shall be exalted.
13 But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in.

Matthew 23:15 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves.

2 Corinthians 11:13 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.
14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.
15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

lanceleo

Apr 18, 2018
✟45,605.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The human heart is desperately wicked and the human heart is hostile toward God and self-centered and proud and selfish and angry.

Most worldly event demonstrates that humanity is corrupt. All that is seen in that is justification of anger. That's an opportunity for angry, hostile, self-willed, selfish people to explode and feel good about it. Because they can get away it when there's too many of them to stop. Human heart is evil, war is in the heart, men will kill, and that’s how they function.

Man, according to Jesus, is “evil” (Matt. 7:11, 12:34),

Matthew 7:11
11 If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?
Matthew 12:34
34 O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.

Upvote 0

Peacemaker1

Jul 1, 2023
North
✟17,519.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But for the most part it's easy to recognize an evil person. An evil person is someone who commits evil. Think of some mafioso who lives his life through crime. If you read the old testament you'll see that those are the types that God truly hates. See Isaiah 59. Then again there are those whose evil is not as easy to recognize. Those are the ones you have to be careful of.
of course it is not easy to recognise evil, because they are not detectable as we were exampled.

Matthew 23:27 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness.
28 Even so ye also outwardly appear righteous unto men, but within ye are full of hypocrisy and iniquity.

Jude 1:4 For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ.

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟691,735.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
nah, just have a few verses for your learning..

Colossians 3:12 Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering;
13 Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye.
14 And above all these things put on charity, which is the bond of perfectness.

Ephesians 4:13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:
14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;
15 But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:

1 Corinthians 13:4 Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,
5 Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;
6 Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;
7 Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.
8 Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.

1 Corinthians 13:10 But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.

Hebrews 9:11 But Christ being come an high priest of good things to come, by a greater and more perfect tabernacle, not made with hands, that is to say, not of this building;

I've been saved 9 years now (wow, that's a long time, doesn't seem this long! Lol) and since I have been saved God, through His Holy Spirit convicted me of sin and has been working with me on various things I personally needed to work on...

And there's a lot I've overcome, certainly... But this road will last the rest of my life I'm certain.

The more you learn, the more you know your failings, the closer you are to Christ the more you see your own failures and failings every day...

I won't be perfected until after my last breath when I go to be with the Lord - and then it's only due to HIS work in me... Never my own work.. always His Work, His Sacrifice - His blood covering my sins.

But I cannot stand and say I'm without any sin or flaw. . Only Christ can say this.. I know for a fact I'll never in this life be anything of any worth save Christ.

Reactions: Laodicean60
Upvote 0

Peacemaker1

Jul 1, 2023
North
✟17,519.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Just follow the money. Corporations, government and media to name a few is stealing people's wealth, health and deceiving the public.
evil is not what we see with our eyes, evil is what we do not see, wickedness in high places, the devil sitting as he is God.

Ephesians 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

2 Thessalonians 2:3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

2 Thessalonians 2:9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,
10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.
13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:
14 Whereunto he called you by our gospel, to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Upvote 0

Peacemaker1

Jul 1, 2023
North
✟17,519.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The human heart is desperately wicked and the human heart is hostile toward God and self-centered and proud and selfish and angry.

Most worldly event demonstrates that humanity is corrupt. All that is seen in that is justification of anger. That's an opportunity for angry, hostile, self-willed, selfish people to explode and feel good about it. Because they can get away it when there's too many of them to stop. Human heart is evil, war is in the heart, men will kill, and that’s how they function.

Man, according to Jesus, is “evil” (Matt. 7:11, 12:34),

Matthew 7:11
11 If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?
Matthew 12:34
34 O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.
the heart required change, the spirit, the mind, all.

Ezekiel 11:19 And I will give them one heart, and I will put a new spirit within you; and I will take the stony heart out of their flesh, and will give them an heart of flesh:

Reactions: lanceleo
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Peacemaker1

Jul 1, 2023
North
✟17,519.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I've been saved 9 years now (wow, that's a long time, doesn't seem this long! Lol) and since I have been saved God, through His Holy Spirit convicted me of sin and has been working with me on various things I personally needed to work on...

And there's a lot I've overcome, certainly... But this road will last the rest of my life I'm certain.

The more you learn, the more you know your failings, the closer you are to Christ the more you see your own failures and failings every day...

I won't be perfected until after my last breath when I go to be with the Lord - and then it's only due to HIS work in me... Never my own work.. always His Work, His Sacrifice - His blood covering my sins.

But I cannot stand and say I'm without any sin or flaw. . Only Christ can say this.. I know for a fact I'll never in this life be anything of any worth save Christ.
the apostles are a better example of not failing..

2 Timothy 3:1 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
6 For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,
7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.
8 Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith.
9 But they shall proceed no further: for their folly shall be manifest unto all men, as their's also was.
10 But thou hast fully known my doctrine, manner of life, purpose, faith, longsuffering, charity, patience,

Upvote 0

Peacemaker1

Jul 1, 2023
North
✟17,519.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
the knowledge of the truth, the love of the truth, what is it guys ?

Ephesians 4:15 But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:

2 Timothy 37 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

2 Thessalonians 2:10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

2 Thessalonians 2:111 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

1 Peter 1:22 Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently:

1 John 3:18 My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth.

2 John 1:3 Grace be with you, mercy, and peace, from God the Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of the Father, in truth and love.

Upvote 0

Peacemaker1

Jul 1, 2023
North
✟17,519.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
here we are exploring Christianity, there is the type that speaks its own ideas, and there is Gods word, it has no opinion, it is one truth, all else is not the truth.

WHAT IS TRUTH..( can you recognise who speaks of the world=not truth)

John 18:38 Pilate saith unto him, What is truth? And when he had said this, he went out again unto the Jews, and saith unto them, I find in him no fault at all.

John 18:37 Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice.

1 John 4:1Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.
2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:
3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.
4 Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.
5 They are of the world: therefore speak they of the world, and the world heareth them.
6 We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.

Upvote 0

Peacemaker1

Jul 1, 2023
North
✟17,519.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
More for the apostles of the Lord, example, how they lived for God until the death, not how they lived for the3mse4lves which is being dead while we live.

Acts 24:15 And have hope toward God, which they themselves also allow, that there shall be a resurrection of the dead, both of the just and unjust.
16 And herein do I exercise myself, to have always a conscience void to offence toward God, and toward men.
15 And have hope toward God, which they themselves also allow, that there shall be a resurrection of the dead, both of the just and unjust.
16 And herein do I exercise myself, to have always a conscience void to offence toward God, and toward men.

Revelation 2:10 Fear none of those things which thou shalt suffer: behold, the devil shall cast some of you into prison, that ye may be tried; and ye shall have tribulation ten days: be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life.

1 Corinthians 4:1 Let a man so account of us, as of the ministers of Christ, and stewards of the mysteries of God.
2 Moreover it is required in stewards, that a man be found faithful.

1 Corinthians 4:9 For I think that God hath set forth us the apostles last, as it were appointed to death: for we are made a spectacle unto the world, and to angels, and to men.
10 We are fools for Christ's sake, but ye are wise in Christ; we are weak, but ye are strong; ye are honourable, but we are despised.
11 Even unto this present hour we both hunger, and thirst, and are naked, and are buffeted, and have no certain dwellingplace;
12 And labour, working with our own hands: being reviled, we bless; being persecuted, we suffer it:
13 Being defamed, we intreat: we are made as the filth of the world, and are the offscouring of all things unto this day.
14 I write not these things to shame you, but as my beloved sons I warn you.
15 For though ye have ten thousand instructers in Christ, yet have ye not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel.
16 Wherefore I beseech you, be ye followers of me.

Upvote 0