Evil/hard times to come. Are you prepared?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voegelin

Reactionary
Aug 18, 2003
Connecticut
✟26,726.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Not sure if this is the place to post this, but I can’t find another fitting place to put it!
Are there any people here who believe that hard times are coming soon? Are you preparing or are you already prepared? Do you have food, survival, medical supplies stored up? Are you preparing in any way at al for evil times to come?
I would love to hear some thoughts on this and so on…

I learned the difficult way that hard times can come fast. Three CAT three hurricanes in 14 months. The eye of each passed right over me. Last one was supposed to be just a tropical storm. Big surprise hearing my roof tear off (should have been in a shelter but couldn't make it there in time).

So yeah....I'm prepared now. No problem living on what I have on hand for six months. What has surprised me is getting here didn't cost money, it saved money. Didn't do it all at once, bought non-perishables in bulk when they were on sale. Used to run to the store to make the most basic meal. Makes life more comfortable to have everything you need on hand.

H5N1 is still simmering out there you know. Someday a 1918-1919 type influenza will hit. Might be this spring, might be in five years. But if hits before medicine advances to handle it (and there is no indication we are much better off today than in 1919) it will be devastating. Those who can't withdraw for two to four months will wish they could.

Upvote 0

Harlan Norris

Jun 20, 2005
Aurora Co
✟10,455.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Not sure if this is the place to post this, but I can’t find another fitting place to put it!
Are there any people here who believe that hard times are coming soon? Are you preparing or are you already prepared? Do you have food, survival, medical supplies stored up? Are you preparing in any way at al for evil times to come?
The trip into the wilderness we are about to take,will be like the one that Moses led.The children of Isreal were forced to live by faith or not at all.Many of them fell in the wilderness for lack of faith.God fed them and gave them water.After the trial he sent those that were worthy into the promised land,those with faith.

Upvote 0

angelwind

Soli Deo Gloria
Site Supporter
Sep 25, 2004
So. California
Visit site
✟97,335.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Widowed
The trip into the wilderness we are about to take,will be like the one that Moses led.The children of Isreal were forced to live by faith or not at all.Many of them fell in the wilderness for lack of faith.God fed them and gave them water.After the trial he sent those that were worthy into the promised land,those with faith.

Wow!!!! I do believe the Lord is giving me a serious workout...in learning to live by faith...have tried for too long to let my emotions do the talking...very unreliable to lean on them.

Also I am hearing and receiving more and more Christ centered teaching...not man centered ... the emotional stability I have needed is coming in play as i learn to live by His word and "I think" hear His gospel much more clearly. This may be God's way of preparing me for "harder" times. Anyway, some mornings when I get up to see the news I am so grateful for the discipline He is giving me now.

Upvote 0

angelwind

Soli Deo Gloria
Site Supporter
Sep 25, 2004
So. California
Visit site
✟97,335.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Widowed
I learned the difficult way that hard times can come fast. Three CAT three hurricanes in 14 months. The eye of each passed right over me. Last one was supposed to be just a tropical storm. Big surprise hearing my roof tear off (should have been in a shelter but couldn't make it there in time).

So yeah....I'm prepared now. No problem living on what I have on hand for six months. What has surprised me is getting here didn't cost money, it saved money. Didn't do it all at once, bought non-perishables in bulk when they were on sale. Used to run to the store to make the most basic meal. Makes life more comfortable to have everything you need on hand.

H5N1 is still simmering out there you know. Someday a 1918-1919 type influenza will hit. Might be this spring, might be in five years. But if hits before medicine advances to handle it (and there is no indication we are much better off today than in 1919) it will be devastating. Those who can't withdraw for two to four months will wish they could.

Well, this sounds like good practical advice...I must say some of us cannot stockplie much...at the moment I am allergic to almost everything...soooo my heart must learn to be more dependandt on God than ever.

Upvote 0

Captivated

Mar 29, 2006
✟9,823.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I don't tend to worry too much about the end times, other than sticking as close to God as I can and trying to use as many opportunities as I can to tell others about him (confess that needs some work!). There seem to be so many conflicting views about what is going to happen when and what the signs are. I'm happy to leave it in the hands of the one who knows it all. The way I see it, it's not the how, what and where that matters but the WHO. And I'm certain of that.

Upvote 0

Harlan Norris

Jun 20, 2005
Aurora Co
✟10,455.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Wow!!!! I do believe the Lord is giving me a serious workout...in learning to live by faith...have tried for too long to let my emotions do the talking...very unreliable to lean on them.

Also I am hearing and receiving more and more Christ centered teaching...not man centered ... the emotional stability I have needed is coming in play as i learn to live by His word and "I think" hear His gospel much more clearly. This may be God's way of preparing me for "harder" times. Anyway, some mornings when I get up to see the news I am so grateful for the discipline He is giving me now.
The affairs of the world are the will of God.He is causing this tribulation to call the faithful to repent,to abandon the world and to believe in his ability to save us.Nothing and no one else is able.We must put our faith in God.

Upvote 0

soblessed53

Sep 4, 2005
North Central,OH.U.S.A.
✟19,666.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Actually I'm not sure what the difference is in Mid-Trib or Post Trib,if any? All I know,is I believe in Pre-Wrath.

The pre-trib rapture theory is not something that God has revealed to us in these last days. Indeed it is a doctrine from demons that has been perpetuated through well-meaning men for the past few generations.

There is no known writing existing, or referred to by other writers, of the pre-trib rapture teaching prior to 1830. None of the early Church fathers or anyone else throughout Church history wrote about the saints being raptured before the end-time Great Tribulation. This does not conclusively mean that the theory is false, only that it is a historical fact that this teaching did not exist among the early Christians or the Church fathers or any Christians throughout history until 1830.

Reportedly the origin of the pre-trib rapture teaching was with a fifteen-year-old girl named Margaret MacDonald in the town of Port Glasgow, Scotland. Supposedly in 1830 she had a dream or vision that Christians were raptured just prior to the Great Tribulation. In 1831 or 1832 a Presbyterian pastor in London, England named Edward Irving heard about this dream or vision that Miss MacDonald had and started teaching it to his congregation. These are well-known reports among scholars of eschatology.
These reports concerning the origin of the pre-trib rapture theory may or may not be true. What is well-documented is the fact that John Nelson Darby, the founder of a group known as the Plymouth Brethren, after visiting Miss MacDonald began teaching this new theory.

Later, by 1917, C. I. Scofield had published his improved edition of the Scofield Reference Bible which contained the dispensational pre-tribulation teachings of Darby and others. Soon many Bible Colleges such as Moody Bible Institute and seminaries such as Dallas Theological Seminary became staunch promoters of dispensational theology that included the doctrine of a pre-tribulation rapture.

In 1970 Hal Lindsey, who attended Dallas Theological Seminary, popularized this teaching with his book titled The Late Great Planet Earth. Several million copies have been sold and a movie by the same title was made.
The widespread acceptance of a doctrine does not make it true. What really matters is not whether some Bible colleges and seminaries teach the pre-tribulation rapture theory, or whether many pastors teach it, or whether many Christians accept it as true; what really matters is what does the Word of God say?

Most Christians in this country are not spiritually ready to go through what is on the horizon if it is as late as we think it is. The days of the Great Tribulation will be the worst time that this world has ever seen. And this earth has seen some very bad times. Probably not many Christians will be ready to go through the Great Tribulation, but believing that you are going to be raptured out before it begins is certainly not conducive to spiritual preparation for it.

Matt 24:27 For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
Matt 24:28 For wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together.
Matt 24:29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
Matt 24:30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
Matt 24:31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

Mark 13:21 And then if any man shall say to you, Lo, here [is] Christ; or, lo, [he is] there; believe [him] not:
Mark 13:22 For false Christs and false prophets shall rise, and shall shew signs and wonders, to seduce, if [it were] possible, even the elect.
Mark 13:23 But take ye heed: behold, I have foretold you all things.
Mark 13:24 But in those days, after that tribulation, the sun shall be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light,
Mark 13:25 And the stars of heaven shall fall, and the powers that are in heaven shall be shaken.
Mark 13:26 And then shall they see the Son of man coming in the clouds with great power and glory.
Mark 13:27 And then shall he send his angels, and shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from the uttermost part of the earth to the uttermost part of heaven.

1Cor. 15:52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

1Thess 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
1Thess 4:17 Then we which are alive [and] remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

2Thess. 1:7 And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels,
2Thess. 2:3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for [that day shall not come], except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

I believe the churches are utterly failing in equipping the saints to be prepared "spiritually" for what is going to happen,and I also believe the "False-Doctrine" of the Pre-Trib- Rapture is going to be the very cause of the "falling away"!

Upvote 0
B

BigBadWlf

I am reminded of the Y2K panic of 1999…

Upvote 0

mohawk

Be Not Afraid...
Jul 15, 2006
Central New York
✟8,536.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It is never a bad idea to have a few things on hand for hard times. According to 'experts', most of us are two paychecks away from being homeless. I spent 20 years in the military and have taken a few survival courses over the years. I also learned a lot by the way I grew up. You all have computers...check on things you need to know on the internet. Learn what plants are edible, etc.

If you store food, date it and rotate it with new stuff occasionally. Don't get caught with food you can't eat because you put it away and forgot it. Not everything has a long shelf life.

Get a good portable radio with short wave and have plenty of batteries on hand for it...again, rotate these too. Have candles (plumbers candles are good) in case the power goes out and you are sitting in the dark.

Trust in God to see you through, but prepare anyway.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ArmoredTruth

Jan 5, 2007
✟15,444.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Could a fake rapture ever occur where a bunch of people, perhaps satans crew, just disappear or go away and leave everyone to think they've been left behind? Or is that hoax not feasible. What about mass kidnapping? LoL I know it's extreme, but I would think evil would try anything to turn us away from God. I want to be prepared for everything by God. Hope it's not bad that i think this way or that it makes me evil. It's all meaningless I feel.

Upvote 0

ArmoredTruth

Jan 5, 2007
✟15,444.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
The USofA since WW2 has produced the best living conditions for the working class in all of history. Most of our current generation has never unintentionally missed a meal. The kids will adapt when conditions return to normal.

Thanks to the Lord for the food that I eat, the land on which I live, and for the loving people with in which He surrounds me. May God give the Food of Life to those those in need and may He forgive me if I have more than I need for myself. Please God help me to shed myself of all things that keep me from You. Amen

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Touma

Feb 19, 2007
Virginia
✟26,533.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Rev. 2:10 sums up my beliefs on persecution and hard times to come.

If by some chance we are left here during the "end times", it won't change my belief in Christ's redeeming power. I might work harder to lead other people to Him, but thats it.

Upvote 0

Ave Maria

Ave Maria Gratia Plena
May 31, 2004
Diocese of Evansville, IN
✟108,671.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I honestly don't see things getting all that bad. In fact, I see things getting better. Whether or not there are evil or hard times to come, I don't know for sure. All I know is that there have been evil and hard times in the past and people have survived it and we'll survive it again. Jesus will come again some day but nobody knows when for sure. It will probably happen when we least expect it such as during a golden age.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.