Evidence vs. Believe (A Tale of Two Bunnies)

Reine

Sep 11, 2011
✟8,295.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
She don't need anyone. All she needs to do is start complaining and I will do just about anything to shut her up. As a general rule I pick wives that are easy going. It is no deal for her though because I can be difficult.
I saw this in the store the other day :p
256610.jpg

Upvote 0

Reine

Sep 11, 2011
✟8,295.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ok, here is your reason, actually a choice. We choose life or death, sickness or health, poverty or prosperity. The Bible can help us to know how to choose life, health and prosperity. (no I do not mean money prosperity) For example my son bought at tee shirt that says money is the root of evil. Actually the Bible says the Love of Money is the Root of Evil. So the lesson is do not love money. It is the love of money that cause misery. Not the money itself.

1 Timothy 6:10(NKJV) For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil, for which some have strayed from the faith in their greediness, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.

So there you go, the Bible shows you a way to avoid many sorrows. It's your choice.
I think what you said here is very accurate. The bible is a map to inner truths that can bring wisdom to our choices, if we so choose.

Upvote 0

Reine

Sep 11, 2011
✟8,295.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So it leads us to subjective truths only?
Reading the bible or communicating with God lead to both. In my diagram I learned some things that have been objecitively verified through science, but I would say that the dream had a subjecive impact on me. I think the purpose of studying God is to find subjective truths. We can learn some facts regarding the history of what they did and the objective truth that they wrote down that they had these subjecive experiences. That is objective truth. But, what is gained by this leads to inner experiences that cannot be verified by science, they can only be reiterated by the poeple who experience them. That indicates to me, they are for the persons personal growth of subjective inner truth, and also for those they encounter along the way that may also be helped. The problem really comes in when people try to present their subjective truths in a way that infringes on the beliefs of others. This causes subjective disturbance within others. Subjective inner truths from God are not meant to be used in this way, IMO

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Reine

Sep 11, 2011
✟8,295.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am not a climber at all now. But I loved to climb as a kid.
I'm glad... we own a painting business, and in our youth, my husband and employess never wanted to wear the harness when going up high. Now, we can see that was taking quite a bit of risk. We have to follow OSHA regulations, or it is a huge fine. the unforseeable can always happen, I would never want my kids doing some of the stuff I have done in my youth :/

Upvote 0

Reine

Sep 11, 2011
✟8,295.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do you think any objective truth can be ascertained through this method? If not, why not? Wouldn't it be supremely beneficial (and not to mention compassionate) to receive information on medicine or science?
This is a very difficult area, because of the nature of people. An exmple is the diagram that I was shown regading the brain stem and spine. Let's say that I was given that diagram before science knew that nerves run through the pons. This information would be helpfull to start looking. But, what if I got my diagram wrong and said that the nerves ran through the pituitary gland instead, and kept insisting that over and over again. I have trigeminal nuralgia. Now I also know that this nerve is in the pons because I looked into because of the diagram. If I trusted my interpretation of the diagram, but thought it was the pituitary gland, I may refuse surgery and insist the doctors had the wrong information regarding this. Thinking my interpretations are infallible would be a mistake. In the movie (true story) Lorenzo's Oil, the parents found the cure, not the doctors. In my life, with my first pregnancy, my doctor told me an anti kell antibody was destroying my unborn child. Through my own intuition, that I credit to God, I beleived he was wrong, and searched for more accurate information. He was wrong. I think the two should work together. People's interpretations have to be verified though, ... it could be dangerous to believe a person's visions.. we are too subjective. I also think that people will get better with ESP and Remote Viewing through evolution. Edgar Cayce came up with a medical proceedures that helped people: World Mysteries - Edgar Cayce But he also recommended that his readings be tested. I don't think they were one hundered percent accurate, as things like that have much subjective interpretation.

Upvote 0

Reine

Sep 11, 2011
✟8,295.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
One thing is for sure though, ... if we learned how to live our lives free of worry, guilt and fear, many wars could be avoided and that cooperative energy could be put into improving the emotinal, mental, spiritual and physical health of those who are suffering. But, it seems as though that type of cooperation is not going to happen; -So untill then, we can use what we know to avoid the inner wars that prevent us from attaining our own well being.

Upvote 0