Worcestershire
✟164,097.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I mean that on Wednesday November 9th 2016 Hillary Clinton conceded the presidential election to Trump:

Hillary Clinton called on her supporters to accept the US election result on Wednesday, as she delivered a concession speech in New York ... “Donald Trump is going to be our president,” she said, speaking at the New Yorker hotel in Manhattan. “We owe him an open mind and a chance to lead.”

That is prompt and gracious, as I said. I don't know how she feels about it now or what she believes, and I don't much care.

Trump still has not conceded four months later. He lost, but will not admit it.

Upvote 0

Strathos

No one important
Dec 11, 2012
God's Earth
✟263,276.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Ah, so you're ready to admit that she did NOT graciously accept the results to the point where you now have to change the subject? Okie dokie!

She conceded once the results were in, and never alleged mass voter fraud. At most, she suggested that voters had been manipulated by misinformation, which is a far cry from claiming that vote results had intentionally been falsified.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
That is prompt and gracious, as I said.
Well, it wasn't that. Not in the least. Not when she went on for YEARS saying that President Trump was "illegitimate." .

Trump still has not conceded four months later. He lost, but will not admit it.
He apparently believes that he did not lose. He might be asked to concede just in order to be pleasant and formal, but if you thought that you'd been cheated out of something you had earned fairly, you probably wouldn't be rushing to say it wasn't true...just so the people who hate you will feel better about it.

You know as well as Trump that if he were to make a formal concession speech, none of that mob would give him an iota of credit for having done so.

Upvote 0

trunks2k

Contributor
Jan 26, 2004
✟270,241.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
She conceded once the results were in, and never alleged mass voter fraud. At most, she suggested that voters had been manipulated by misinformation, which is a far cry from claiming that vote results had intentionally been falsified.
Yes. I'm not aware of Clinton ever claiming that the election itself was fraudulent. I'm not aware of her claiming votes were changed/deleted/created, etc, in order to give the win to Trump. The worse she may have claimed is that the Trump campaign knowingly worked with Russian agents during the campaign.

Upvote 0

Whyayeman

Dec 8, 2018
Worcestershire
✟164,097.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
He apparently believes that he did not lose.

His 'belief' is unimportant here. What is important is Evidence of Election Fraud, as the thread title puts it.

I think that we have had enough of the diversion about who said what. We know that Trump has not yet conceded that he lost. We know that Hillary Clinton conceded promptly (strike out graciously if you are still feeling curmudgeonly about her after four years).

Is there any evidence of systematic election fraud yet?

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
His 'belief' is unimportant here.
That's quite obviously not the case. If he doesn't think he lost, it's not surprising for him to decline to say that he did...especially when his reasons for thinking that he actually won have never been decided, one way of the other.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟558,175.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Well, it wasn't that. Not in the least. Not when she went on for YEARS saying that President Trump was "illegitimate." .
And Trump spent years claiming his predecessor was illegitimate by suggesting he wasn’t born in the US. Did you have any problem with that then?

Upvote 0

Whyayeman

Dec 8, 2018
Worcestershire
✟164,097.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
That's quite obviously not the case. If he doesn't think he lost, it's not surprising for him to decline to say that he did...especially when his have never been decided, one way of the other.

On a thread asking for evidence of election fraud, Trump's stated opinion is well known. The issue is to offer a reasoned argument to support the opinion.

Trump's reasons for thinking that he actually won are unknown. He has just repeated the claim without evidence. This thread has not provided any reasons for believing that the election was rigged or stolen. Until some is found we have no reason to consider his belief. In fact it looks like a posture, or more plainly - a lie.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
On a thread asking for evidence of election fraud, Trump's stated opinion is well known. The issue is to offer a reasoned argument to support the opinion.
Not with this particular issue which was concerned solely with Trump conceding or not conceding. It began back around post #1467 and has drawn a number of replies from different members.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Petros2015

Jun 23, 2016
undisclosed Bunker
✟291,217.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Whyayeman

Dec 8, 2018
Worcestershire
✟164,097.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
It will take a little time to read the Washington Post transcript. On the face of it Trump was attempting to coerce Georgia state officials to falsify the results.

Maybe at last there is evidence!

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟657,840.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

For those who care about what she actually has said rather than defending her at all costs:
Hillary Clinton said on Saturday she is advising candidates about what it is like to have an election "stolen" during an "Evening with the Clintons" event in Los Angeles, Calif.

"You can run the best campaign, you can even become the nominee, and you can have the election stolen from you," Clinton said she has been telling candidates who have come to see her. The comment was met with cheers.
Hillary Clinton suggests 2016 election was ‘stolen’ from her

Upvote 0

GreatLakes4Ever

Jan 2, 2019
Midwest
✟266,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Engaged
Yes, but it's only visible to those not in denial.

I’m really a nine foot tall dragon but if people don’t believe that I just look like a normal human being to them.

Upvote 0

Strathos

No one important
Dec 11, 2012
God's Earth
✟263,276.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
For those who care about what she actually has said rather than defending her at all costs:
Hillary Clinton said on Saturday she is advising candidates about what it is like to have an election "stolen" during an "Evening with the Clintons" event in Los Angeles, Calif.

"You can run the best campaign, you can even become the nominee, and you can have the election stolen from you," Clinton said she has been telling candidates who have come to see her. The comment was met with cheers.

Show me where she alleged mass coordinated voter fraud or else all you have is a turn of phrase.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟657,840.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Show me where she alleged mass coordinated voter fraud or else all you have is a turn of phrase.

I already showed you what she said. I even underlined it so you could see it more easily. If you want to ignore what she said in favor of seeing something else, that's your own problem.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟371,597.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Well, it wasn't that. Not in the least. Not when she went on for YEARS saying that President Trump was "illegitimate."
She conceded. He didn't. End of comparison.

He apparently believes that he did not lose
My 6 year old thinks there's monsters in the basement.But there's no evidence of monsters.
So I know he's wrong.

You know as well as Trump that if he were to make a formal concession speech, none of that mob would give him an iota of credit for having done so.
Trumps "knows" he would never make a consession speech because he never loses". Your hypothetical isn't even physically possible.

Upvote 0

Whyayeman

Dec 8, 2018
Worcestershire
✟164,097.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Still no real evidence. Apparently the 'evidence' is only visible to true believers. Their language is increasingly that of faith; faith in Trump! His is the Word; all others are 'deniers'.

If this were on one of the threads limited to Christians such talk would surely risk censure as blasphemy. As it is for all-comers, I hope it is safe.

Upvote 0

Whyayeman

Dec 8, 2018
Worcestershire
✟164,097.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

Ah, yes, said last Saturday, four years plus four months after her announcement conceding the election.

Trump lost but still won't say the words. In my view this reveals a defect of character. He is like the little boy who takes his ball away when the playground game does not go his way. The difference is that the American Constitution is not his and he cannot take it away.

There is systematic evidence of election fraud: Trump's baseless claim often repeated that the election was 'stolen'; the pressure put on the state officers of Georgia to falsify their certified results; the incitement to riot leading to mayhem and death at the Capitol Building.

I wait to learn of criminal charges on these actions.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Still no real evidence.
:sleep:

Reading this favorite, if untrue, line every day from one Biden supporter or another, readers would almost think that he'd lost the election rather than having been inaugurated as the winner!

Does that strange twist mean that his time as president hasn't provided much that they can boast about?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.