Nov 23, 2013
✟301,883.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
No, it's just proof that it was created by an intelligence. Besides, stones are not a biological system. Wrong/false analogy.

Ahem. The arch is irreducibly complex, isn't it? Do you deny that the removal of any one stone would cause the whole thing to collapse?

Upvote 0

EternalDragon

Counselor
Jul 31, 2013
✟21,267.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Watches aren't a biological system, either, but that never stopped a creationist from trotting out the watchmaker argument.

That's because it is a teleological argument. A watch was designed by an intelligence. An arch (in the picture posted here) was designed by an intelligence. Apply the same to a biological system and it has the same appearance.

It's not about removing a piece. It's about the pieces.

Upvote 0

Kylie

Defeater of Illogic
Nov 23, 2013
✟301,883.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
That's because it is a teleological argument. A watch was designed by an intelligence. An arch (in the picture posted here) was designed by an intelligence. Apply the same to a biological system and it has the same appearance.

It's not about removing a piece. It's about the pieces.

Rubbish. Irreducible complexity is all about how all the pieces need to be there are the same time because the lack of any one piece means the rest can't work.

That applies to the arch. Now tell me, was the arch put together all at the same time?

Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The mammalian middle ear is irreducibly complex, and yet we have the step by step evolution of that IC complex. Without all three bones (hammer, anvil, stapes) we can't hear, and yet reptiles only have a single middle ear. ID supporters would like you to believe that this would require deaf intermediates while the IC middle ear is built, but is this true? Nope. It was functional throughout each step.

29+ Evidences for Macroevolution: Part 1

There is even a transitional stage where the mammal-like reptiles had a two jointed jaw as one of the bones served as both a middle ear bone and a jaw bone.

ID supporters claim that IC systems can not evolve. Well, they can and we have the fossils to prove it.

interesting quotes from scholarly secular articles from 2007, 2011 show some intersting questions regarding your hypothesis...

paper published in Nature 2007
"The situation is not as clear-cut as it seems. The evolutionary relationships of the fossil suggest that either the "modern" middle ear evolved twice, independently or that it evolved and was then lost in at least one ancient lineage." - See more at: On the Evolution of the Mammalian Middle Ear - Evolution News & Views

Upvote 0

Dave Ellis

Contributor
Dec 27, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
✟52,315.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
CA-Conservatives
first of all wikipedia has been known to be wrong

secondly, there are no scholarly research linked.

which of course seems to make it look like an opinion.

opinions don't hold up well here.

here is an argument from your side that may hold more water...
Evolution, as in Mutation and Selection, Has Been Demonstrated in ATP Synthase - Evolution News & Views

I went to Wikipedia because past history with you shows that no matter what I link, you're not going to believe it. So, I went quick and easy.

Upvote 0

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic
This is a naturally occuring stone archway.

stock-photo-massive-natural-stone-arch-in-national-park-103479158.jpg

Geologists claim that the rocks making up that arch was once mud, and there is no way that mud could support that span. Therefore, the entire archway had to appear as is from solid stone, right? Wrong. When you figure out how this arch could form you will have taken your first steps to understanding how IC systems evolve.

Upvote 0

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic
interesting quotes from scholarly secular articles from 2007, 2011 show some intersting questions regarding your hypothesis...

paper published in Nature 2007
"The situation is not as clear-cut as it seems. The evolutionary relationships of the fossil suggest that either the "modern" middle ear evolved twice, independently or that it evolved and was then lost in at least one ancient lineage." - See more at: On the Evolution of the Mammalian Middle Ear - Evolution News & Views

I notice you made no comments on a step by step evolution of an IC system.

Upvote 0

mzungu

INVICTUS
Dec 17, 2010
Earth!
✟24,975.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

Geologists claim that the rocks making up that arch was once mud, and there is no way that mud could support that span. Therefore, the entire archway had to appear as is from solid stone, right? Wrong. When you figure out how this arch could form you will have taken your first steps to understanding how IC systems evolve.
Here's another one; hexagonal lava columns:

images

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Kylie

Defeater of Illogic
Nov 23, 2013
✟301,883.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

Just as with my arch of many individual stones! :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Kylie

Defeater of Illogic
Nov 23, 2013
✟301,883.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
So the one with individual stones was not man made? Please demonstrate this.

I never said that. I said it was irreducibly complex and all the stones must have been placed at the same time. I never said it wasn't man made.

Upvote 0

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic
So the one with individual stones was not man made? Please demonstrate this.

The arch I showed was not man made. Geologists claim that those rocks were once mud, and there is no way that mud could form that span. So does that arch require an intelligent designer, or could it still be produced by natural processes?

Upvote 0